Quade Green to Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green to Washington

Could be wrong, and I know it was all GMacs fault, but wasn’t Hop a big part of that staff that QG screwed when he screwed us? That’s not stopping him from considering UW so why would it stand in our way.
The fans on this board went ballistic on him including me and it’s probably a good rep of those fans in the know that don’t post. Most agree it’s not that he didn’t come but the manner in which he did it. Green Thompson and the bench sitter at Duke are not for me. But I do agree kids should of course pursue their best interests. Could/would you really want to root for Quade in Orange?

Green is way overrated . There’s a reason he isn’t getting minutes on an average Kentucky team. He’s an average athlete, who’s 5’11” and a below average shooter. Carey, Goodhine and Girard are all better players. He will go out west and never be heard from again.

Green is way overrated . There’s a reason he isn’t getting minutes on an average Kentucky team. He’s an average athlete, who’s 5’11” and a below average shooter. Carey, Goodhine and Girard are all better players. He will go out west and never be heard from again.

Below average shooter? The numbers suggest he’s a very good shooter. 45% from the field, 39% from 3, 83% from the line. Better shooter than anyone on our team.

The fans on this board went ballistic on him including me and it’s probably a good rep of those fans in the know that don’t post. Most agree it’s not that he didn’t come but the manner in which he did it. Green Thompson and the bench sitter at Duke are not for me. But I do agree kids should of course pursue their best interests. Could/would you really want to root for Quade in Orange?

I don’t think it’s fair to put Green in the same ballpark as those other two guys.

He didn’t kill anyone.

I want to win every game. I’m beyond all the rest of the BS.

Below average shooter? The numbers suggest he’s a very good shooter. 45% from the field, 39% from 3, 83% from the line. Better shooter than anyone on our team.

Lol, people just spout off without checking, also saying he doesnt play is misleading too. He gets at least as many minutes as carey. No one here woulf say carey doesnt play but some may argue he should play more (he prob should)

Lol, people just spout off without checking, also saying he doesnt play is misleading too. He gets at least as many minutes as carey. No one here woulf say carey doesnt play but some may argue he should play more (he prob should)

Right? People act like he’s Kaleb Joseph or something.

He would’ve helped us a lot last year. He’d help us this year. And it’s hard to project that far, but I imagine he’d really help us when eligible in the future.

People don’t learn. They just keep crowning the next 3/4 star recruit, and assuming they’ll be awesome. Some of these recruits may end up being great. But it’s not like we’ve got any can’t miss Carmelo’s coming in.

I want to root for the best possible players the program can get.

Green is the one who lost out the most on this. Had he come to Cuse the world would have been his oyster. It's impossible to say what would have happened had he chosen Cuse over KY (jelly) . Would Tyus have returned for this season? Perhaps... but each addition or deletion from a team can have substantial impacts on a program. A program is like hanging art mobile. Pull on one piece and all the pieces are set into motion. Sometimes for the better and sometimes to the programs detriment.
As always... if " ifs and buts" were beers and nuts we'd be having one hell of a party. As for Hop, the guy paid his dues... for a long long time and is certainly deserving of the opportunity he has been afforded to take the helm of a Division 1 program and see what he can do. My belief is that Hop always represented the hope of continued program excellence by injecting both youth and enthusiasm looking toward the future yet still honoring the traditions of the program which was built by JB.

For whatever the reasons may be JB decided to stay on beyond the time he was going to hand it over to HOp. I don't think anyone can blame him for moving on. Whatever relationships Hop had cultivated with prospective recruits ... he is entitled to attracting those kids to his program in Washington. That's the way the cookie crumbles. There is no turning back and it's crazy for anyone to expect that Hop wouldn't pursue a talent like Green.

I like our chances with JG3 and Gurrier coming in next year and I think we have a kid who is going to be very good at PG. I also like moving forward with kids who want to wear Orange... with no reservations from day one. I wish the best to Q and to Hop whatever the outcome of the Q Green sweepstakes shakes out to be.

Dude wasn’t bad his freshman year at Kentucky and you’re putting a kid ranked 50 in high school and another kid who isn’t even ranked ahead of him? Come on....

Green is the one who lost out the most on this. Had he come to Cuse the world would have been his oyster. It's impossible to say what would have happened had he chosen Cuse over KY (jelly) . Would Tyus have returned for this season? Perhaps... but each addition or deletion from a team can have substantial impacts on a program. A program is like hanging art mobile. Pull on one piece and all the pieces are set into motion. Sometimes for the better and sometimes to the programs detriment.
As always... if " ifs and buts" were beers and nuts we'd be having one hell of a party. As for Hop, the guy paid his dues... for a long long time and is certainly deserving of the opportunity he has been afforded to take the helm of a Division 1 program and see what he can do. My belief is that Hop always represented the hope of continued program excellence by injecting both youth and enthusiasm looking toward the future yet still honoring the traditions of the program which was built by JB.

For whatever the reasons may be JB decided to stay on beyond the time he was going to hand it over to HOp. I don't think anyone can blame him for moving on. Whatever relationships Hop had cultivated with prospective recruits ... he is entitled to attracting those kids to his program in Washington. That's the way the cookie crumbles. There is no turning back and it's crazy for anyone to expect that Hop wouldn't pursue a talent like Green.

I like our chances with JG3 and Gurrier coming in next year and I think we have a kid who is going to be very good at PG. I also like moving forward with kids who want to wear Orange... with no reservations from day one. I wish the best to Q and to Hop whatever the outcome of the Q Green sweepstakes shakes out to be.

I hope JG and QG will be good by like 2022.

I’m done assuming every recruit is going to come right in and be good. Some are: Ennis, Battle, Lydon, Malachi(sometimes). Most aren’t.

I want big time development out of Oshea, and a John Wallace level senior year out of Battle next year.

Honestly the only things that I can think of that can support this take are that Girard committed to us and Quade didn’t.
I can think of something else.

57904c299f543dcb0669c492385e3aa8.jpg

"Funny" how Battle could spurn Michigan for Syracuse, and there was no "bag" involved.
Quade thought he was taking the better opportunity. He learned a personal lesson... maybe.

Wasn't Howard (negatively) involved in that recruitment, or was that a different player?

Whether we should consider Green again should be up to how he related to JB/the staff. If they have no hard feelings, i'd personally hold no grudges. It was too long ago anyway, for a person with a memory like mine.
Howard was negatively involved with Brandon Randolph

It’s not about screwing anyone since that didn’t really happen. They are in desperate need of a pg and can offer minutes. We have Goodine and Jalen

We have to stop with this. Goodine, Girard and Boeheim are unproven at this level. Washington may very well transfer. If Quade showed interest, I invite him to campus for a visit. He's played meaningful basketball including pushing Kentucky to the NCAA Tournament last season.

Good for Hop. If Cuse keeps playing the way they have, I'm just going to become a Washington fan.

Really?

And people liked this post? Awful.

I've seen some of the professional teams posters root for on this board and they are much worse than Syracuse basketball and don't switch allegiances.

I know a lot of people here aren't alums, but come on.

I really hope nobody who agrees with this were one of the posters who didn't want Hop to take over for JB in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom