Quade Green | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green

I agree we would be better with Quade Green. He would be our starting PG and at this moment we don't have one of those. I was only making the point that he has struggled more than I expected out of the gate. I don't think very many people truly believe he would not make us better.

Green and Tucker would have made Syracuse better, but I've been thinking about it from the athletes' perspectives. Would they have been better off if they had come to Syracuse? It all depends on how you measure "better off," eg, more exposure, more fun, more winning, better coaching, more playing time. Certainly in the "more playing time" department they would have been better off at Syracuse.

Green and Tucker would have made Syracuse better, but I've been thinking about it from the athletes' perspectives. Would they have been better off if they had come to Syracuse? It all depends on how you measure "better off," eg, more exposure, more fun, more winning, better coaching, more playing time. Certainly in the "more playing time" department they would have been better off at Syracuse.
I think Tucker would have certainly been better off. He would be getting playing time here and I feel like Boeheim does a good job maximizing players with his skill set. Regarding Green I don't know. I think if he can play better then he will get more exposure on UK but if he had come here he would be our point guard and we wouldn't have to worry about being recruited over the top off of which could happen like Briscoe was.

I agree we would be better with Quade Green. He would be our starting PG and at this moment we don't have one of those. I was only making the point that he has struggled more than I expected out of the gate. I don't think very many people truly believe he would not make us better.
i got you. And Kentucky fans probably agree, and i suppose i should i have called out that it was less the OP and more the theme of these threads as you read through them

The only reason I’ll ever remember or acknowledge QG’s existence, is because we chose to walk away from a potentially great PG, Isiah “King Jelly” Washington who’s looked very good at Minny, and threw our lot in w/ him, only to be left stranded at the altar.
Washington has a cult-like following in NYC and was dying to come to SU & be the next Pearl. “But, nooooo”... ( in my best Belushi voice), we had to go all out for Green instead.
That will go down as one of the biggest recruiting misses we’ve ever had at SU, IMO. :mad:

Pissed about that as well did you see him other night? No way he should not have been here

Finally realized while the phrase Plan A got coined after hearing his name pronounced for the first time during the UVM game, where he was thoroughly outplayed by Trae Bell-Haynes.

That is all I choose to contribute to this thread.

Pissed about that as well did you see him other night? No way he should not have been here
The kid looked very comfortable and born to play PG. Not saying that our Washington won’t turn out ok, i believe he will. But there’s something to be said for that NYC-toughness and street swag that a King Jelly brings to the court. It’s “Dion-like”- whereas nobody can tell him he’s not the best player out there. The added street buzz for SU b-ball would’ve also helped, IMO.
I’m glad we ended up with Carey though, that’s a great bounce back by the staff.

Last edited:

But, I think they're both better suited at UK and Duke respectively since their athletic prowess meets the requirement necessary to play man to man. Our low caliber athletes are better suited for zone as JB has repeatedly said that we can't play man to man here.

IW Stats.JPG

The kid looked very comfortable and born to play PG. Not saying that our Washington won’t turn out ok, i believe he will. But there’s something to be said for that NYC-toughness and street swag that a King Jelly brings to the court. It’s “Dion-like”- whereas nobody can tell him he’s not the best player out there. The added street buzz for SU b-ball would’ve also helped, IMO.
I’m glad we ended up with Carey though, that’s a great bounce back by the staff.

Yes. I’m a little surprised both Green and Washington are struggling some. But, Washington I bet would be playing more ‘downhill’ than any of our guards. He’s fast. With our offense and how passive and lackluster it gets a guy like Washington could be disruptive and an asset just by playing downhill and getting into the paint creating problems for a defense.

With how hard they went after Quade; that tells me all I need to know (which I can see with my own eyes) about how JB/staff felt about the PG situation now. I think they know how bad they have mucked up the PG situation post-Ennis. I mean Boeheim isn’t going to totally trash Howard to the media and break him since that is all we really have but that last presser spoke volumes to me. The fact that Howard is a junior now, your PG, and Boeheim is saying stuff like, “It’s going to take time,” or “he really hasn’t played the position much,” or “he’s not really a PG” says all you need to know. Doesn’t mean he can’t get better but I’m not sure how optimistic they or anybody is or should be.

But, I think they're both better suited at UK and Duke respectively since their athletic prowess meets the requirement necessary to play man to man. Our low caliber athletes are better suited for zone as JB has repeatedly said that we can't play man to man here.

Actually Boeheim has been very specific before about why he went to Zone exclusively. He probably gets tired of answering the same question though.

I agree it pisses me off
Probably pissed Gerry off too as it brought unwanted attention to his recruiting resume. So far Moyer is his ace in the hole. Hopefully they can keep him on the staff if they decide to finally pull him off the road.

Probably pissed Gerry off too as it brought unwanted attention to his recruiting resume. So far Moyer is his ace in the hole. Hopefully they can keep him on the staff if they decide to finally pull him off the road.

He got Goodine. Let’s see how that turns out. Ever since we pretty much got sanctions out of the way and the head coaching situation cleared up, it seems we’re back to normal on the recruiting front.

JBs not pulling GMac off the road. Recruits love him.

Do we know HW can't defend? It probably isn't a strength but do we know he's bad at it? We haven't seen enough to know much.
Coaches have and as many have said... he is a pretty distant 4th on the guard pecking order. I know u like him, u post a ton about him.. but he isn't going to play this year. Set your sights on Sidibe who u were very accurate about. He will be our main center by ACC2 play.

Yea I know some of you want to hang him for losing green and tucker at the last minute to Kentucky and duke for reasons he had no control over. And Moyers not his only recruit. That’s just a fake talking point.

Who are the others who've played here?

Where do you come up with this garbage? This post is irresponsible, offbase and clueless. Other than that, bravo. You really know your stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom