Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland transferring to McNeese St

See that's still fun to me.

If we can have a boring turnover or an exciting turnover, I'd rather have the exciting one.e
To me, it always looked like Q used the flash to compensate for or cover up a lack of fundamentals. He was skilled but flawed - if that makes any sense. Looking past the off the court issues, Q was fun to watch and the team was usually better when he was on the floor.

Lake Charles, LA where McNesse State is located is the absolute hottest/most humid place I've ever been in my life, and I've been to India.
OK .good info . location and climate. so I'll change my team mascot guess to the Mcneese St Skeeters .

34d922ebfe23923005a66c8183e55801.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't get over the fact that Quadir was recruited as a pg and our biggest need right now is a pg. If he just behaved himself off the court and took care of the ball on the court he likely would have the keys to the car right now. Just a horrific missed opportunity.

Anyone have a sense of why Q was never suspended prior to leaving while Benny and Judah were? Obviously the situation is what it is and I'm clearly not as plugged in as others but from my perspective the first sign that anything was amiss was when Q barged in during the UNC presser, and even then I thought he and Red were just being playful. I didn't make much of the fact that Justin started over Q because I tend not to get very wrapped up in that kind of thing in general as long as the minutes are distributed in a way that makes sense, which became the case as the season went on.

I don't think Q comported himself well when he commented on Griff's IG post. And I thought it was odd at least and telling at most that there wasn't a lot of smoke about his potential landing spots compared to players of similar caliber or better. But prior to him portaling, was it "just" that he wasn't going to class? Did he feel that the program did Benny dirty?

Last edited:
2 penalties for 10 yards in the entire game. We've had that in the 1st quarter recently. Maybe Fran changes the narrative. The other thing is that McNeese was undefeated at 11-0 and a 6-5 SYR squad thumped them easily. So much for the Southland conference compared to an Eastern indie. Pete Van Weiren (Atlanta Braves broadcaster) and Billy Kilmer on the call. This had to be a MizLou TV game, Mizlou Television Network - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I can't get over the fact that Quadir was recruited as a pg and our biggest need right now is a pg. If he just behaved himself off the court and took care of the ball on the court he likely would have the keys to the car right now. Just a horrific missed opportunity.
It’s like telling an alcoholic not to drink. He couldn’t behave. That’s the problem. On court. In practice. Didn’t go to class. He just showed moments of “good basketball”

It’s like telling an alcoholic not to drink. He couldn’t behave. That’s the problem. On court. In practice. Didn’t go to class. He just showed moments of “good basketball”
An incredibly gifted player. Skills that are God given. It's too bad that what he needed to do off court was a disaster. I hope for his sake that he gets it together and has a great year.

Outstanding at what? He literally had not 1 high end skill much less 2
I thought he gave good effort on the court, diving for loose balls, cheering teammates on, etc. Was athletic, tall could dribble, drive and pass. Had some games where he could score points also. Decent defensively with his length and fought for rebounds. Staff felt he was going to be a good shooter. How do you think he compared to Taylor and Benny for Example and maybe JJ? Curious.

Didnt listen in practice. Didnt put in the extra work either. Thinks he knows better than the coaches. Some guys don't want to listen. Add in you had an assistant going from good cop to bad cop and it was a recipe for disaster all around.

If this ends up being the worst class ever I'll be pretty happy. We arguably did less with Kadary-Newton-Anselem, but it's not as bad if you include Griffin. Carey-Buddy-Bobby Braswell was unspectacular too.
Buddy is one of the all time leading scorers here.

Didnt listen in practice. Didnt put in the extra work either. Thinks he knows better than the coaches. Some guys don't want to listen. Add in you had an assistant going from good cop to bad cop and it was a recipe for disaster all around.
Its a shame with as talented as he is, same with Benny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom