Question re scalpers outside the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Question re scalpers outside the Dome

Toga

Living Legend
Anyone ever get their tix from them? Any advantage to going that route? Risks?

I had to go to a kids birthday party last saturday with my wife and 2 young kids. After getting out early, convinced the wife to go to the game. Got to the hill about 12:20 with no tickets.

Walked out of the Crouse Garage in front of Fagens and saw the scalpers. Shouted out to them and got 2 tickets for $10 (kids were free). Best part is that these tickets were section 113, row C. Thats right, first level - third row for $5 each.

The best deal ever...

I don't know if this will be helpful, but back in 2000 for the Rutgers game, I bought a $30 face ticket off a scalper for $5. We had actually settled on $3, but I gave him $5 because I felt bad for him since it was freezing, and I wanted to save a couple $1s for Eli.

hit them up at kickoff -- they will be looking to dump tix then

Paid $15 each for a pair last weekend at the corner of S. Crouse and Marshall. Definitely beats the ticket office rates, but after reading 44Pride's post I feel burned! Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to bargain. I think the scalpers get the tix for free, so anything they pocket is 100% profit.

As for risks...I've never heard of anyone really having a bad experience. However, in this type of deal there's always the chance that you'll get suckered by someone with phony tix that don't scan at the gate. You should always make sure to actually LOOK at them before handing over any cash to be sure you're getting a ticket for THIS week's game and not one from '09 :)

I don't know if this will be helpful, but back in 2000 for the Rutgers game, I bought a $30 face ticket off a scalper for $5. We had actually settled on $3, but I gave him $5 because I felt bad for him since it was freezing, and I wanted to save a couple $1s for Eli.

Good man Chip. Any locals confirm Eli is still around? I recently found the cassette I have of Eli's Alleyway and M-Street Strut.

If you come late, scalpers with give it away basically. It is all timing. An hour before he game, expect a surcharge. But if you are ok with missing half or all of the first quarter, you can get the awesome deals above.

Also, if you are buying more than one, make sure they are together (they will show you 107 G 10 and show only the seat 11 behind it that is in 332 HH and let you assume the rows are the same) and make sure they are not "YOUTH" tickets as they won't let old dudes in with them as I once found out. That's the best advice I got.

Good man Chip. Any locals confirm Eli is still around? I recently found the cassette I have of Eli's Alleyway and M-Street Strut.

He's still going strong. Saw him playing last week on my walk to the dome, not far from the law school. He was looking sharp, wearing a button-down shirt and a tie!

He's still going strong. Saw him playing last week on my walk to the dome, not far from the law school. He was looking sharp, wearing a button-down shirt and a tie!

Sweet. Eli is a true asset to the City of Syracuse. May he play till he's 95. (he has to be in his 50s now)

That's hilarious! I had that cassette. Now I need to figure out if I still have it somewhere. When I was up there (1996-2000), my friends and I hung around him so much that he wrote a song about us- used to start playing it every time he saw us. We always had him follow it up with a little Sam Cook.

He's still around. I saw him before the Wake game. Also saw him outside the Civic Center a couple of weeks ago before a performance of the Lion King.

If you come late, scalpers with give it away basically. It is all timing. An hour before he game, expect a surcharge. But if you are ok with missing half or all of the first quarter, you can get the awesome deals above.

Also, if you are buying more than one, make sure they are together (they will show you 107 G 10 and show only the seat 11 behind it that is in 332 HH and let you assume the rows are the same) and make sure they are not "YOUTH" tickets as they won't let old dudes in with them as I once found out. That's the best advice I got.

That is the key... wait until kickoff, and they know they've got to get rid of them. When they give you a price and you don't like it, just walk away and they will come back with a 30-50% lower price. 60% of the time, it works everytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom