Quick game thoughts-SU-Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Quick game thoughts-SU-Pitt

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • First of all, thrilled for the players and coaches.
  • Play of the game was the pick 6
  • Obvious Players of the game were Villari and Bellamy, but how about the much maligned OL
  • Shrader and Allen showed courage, heart, and fire-Is there any chance that GS's Shrader shoulder gets any better in the next couple of weeks?
  • Kudos to the WR's for putting the team first for something they didn't sign up for-Blocking hard all game, knowing full well they probably wouldn't get a pass all game
  • We'll see if it's sustainable-Pitt's many turnovers were very helpful and mostly unforced.
  • At the minimum, at least we finally beat Pitt and don't go winless in conference this year. Plus, every game now will have some meaning-i.e. Bowl game on the table
  • Nice to see Dino finally go for some 4th downs, though the end of the 1st half was frustrating...again
  • I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day of the week

Last edited:
  • First of all, thrilled for the players and coaches.
  • Play of the game was the pick 6
  • Obvious Players of the game were Villari and Bellamy, but how about the much maligned OL
  • Shrader and Allen showed courage, heart, and fire-Is there any chance that GS's Shrader shoulder gets any better in the next couple of weeks?
  • Kudos to the WR's for putting the team first for something they didn't sign up for-Blocking hard all game, knowing full well they probably wouldn't get a pass all game
  • We'll see if it's sustainable-Pitt's many turnovers were very helpful.
  • At the minimum, at least we finally beat Pitt and don't go winless in conference this year. Plus, every game will have have meaning-i.e. Bowl game on the table
  • I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day of the week

I was pretty sure I heard that Shrader was done for the season (from Dino, I thought ...), so that was kind of a shocker.

The fumbles bounce differently for and against us, the game changes.

Our coverage teams have stunk the last few years. STs have not improved with this new STC.

I don’t know where else to put this so. Did the rules change? Do teams get four timeouts a half now. Pitt used one with 12 minutes in 2nd. Two on the field goal and the punt. Then used 4th late in 2nd quarter. Did I miss something?

I don’t know where else to put this so. Did the rules change? Do teams get four timeouts a half now. Pitt used one with 12 minutes in 2nd. Two on the field goal and the punt. Then used 4th late in 2nd quarter. Did I miss something?
I counted four too. Every stadium I have been to this year gives each team 3 timeouts to start with.

I think the announcers made a mistake and said a TV timeout was taken by Pitt.

But with ACC referees involved, it is very possible they got the numbers three and four confused again. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom