Quick hitters | Syracusefan.com

Quick hitters

Apparently we Can run a fast break!

Love the LGO chant. Who were the SU fans behind the bench wearing blue and/or dark suits?

Different team with Urkel.

Thought the officials had a good game.
Only issue with the officials was the moving screen by bojarnowski that gave them the three to make it real close and all the momentum. He just shoved our guard down into the lane and they shot right over it.

Our guards didn't have the best game defensively but really tightened up at the end to shut FSU down.

Silent G was a complete non factor. He is okay for two or three min to spell our top 3, but that's it...maybe next year...
yeah, hope he just forgets today - bricked a 3, bricked 2 FTs, was tentative as he11 after that and throw in a couple of defensive lapses

Please explain the call towards the end of the 1st half. A FSU players grabs the ball, falls to the floor and slides before he loses the ball out of bounds. Su ball but the shot clock did not reset. Why. The guy clearly had possession of the ball and should have been called for traveling before he lost the ball out of bounds.

Silent G was a complete non factor. He is okay for two or three min to spell our top 3, but that's it...maybe next year...
It really scares me to think how bad Patterson must be if he can't get any PT with the way MG has been playing.

It really scares me to think how bad Patterson must be if he can't get any PT with the way MG has been playing.

It's not about being bad. It's about being able to play within the system. G had one year to practice and is just now making minutes count. The freshmen need to learn, practice and get better...

Cant remember, did G get in the game after he botched that fast break dunk attempt? Jimmy was giving it to him for about 2 solid minutes. Going into the timeout, he was still giving it to him. He really played awful today.

And I think we changed it up a little bit in the halfcourt, first play of the game was a 1-4 high set where Rak got an easy 2. I don't know how many times I've seen that this year, far less than that Cooney/Fair baseline stagger screen action. Some of that subtle stuff today that has me encouraged.

Please explain the call towards the end of the 1st half. A FSU players grabs the ball, falls to the floor and slides before he loses the ball out of bounds. Su ball but the shot clock did not reset. Why. The guy clearly had possession of the ball and should have been called for traveling before he lost the ball out of bounds.

I think the call was no possession by FSU. I don't believe he clearly had possession. He clearly diverted the pass the other direction but I don't think he truly possessed it, or at least it was arguable whether he did or not.

I think the call was no possession by FSU. I don't believe he clearly had possession. He clearly diverted the pass the other direction but I don't think he truly possessed it, or at least it was arguable whether he did or not.
He was laying on the ground, his arms around the ball. Yeah, he didn't control it enough to stop from losing it out of bounds, but how they could say it didn't have possession is beyond me.

Apparently we Can run a fast break!

Love the LGO chant. Who were the SU fans behind the bench wearing blue and/or dark suits?

Different team with Urkel.

Thought the officials had a good game.
I'm tellin' ya, it's not Urkel...it's Peter Nyong'o, brother of Best Supporting Actress winner Lupita:

jerami-grant-dajuan-coleman-in-street-clothesjpg-818977693b2046f9.jpg

Lupita-Nyongo-Interview-Palm-Springs-Film-Fest-Video.jpg

Gbinije was really bad. Threw the ball right to a FSU defender, bricked two FTs. Didn't see the second half but sounds like he was just as bad. Not focused. He needs to (and should) do better.

So he has a bad game and now he's of no use to this team? How about the recent games where he's played solidly and/or gave the team extended minutes? I'll never understand the "you're only as good as your last game" mentality that so many people want to apply to competitive team sports.

I'm tellin' ya, it's not Urkel...it's Peter Nyong'o, brother of Best Supporting Actress winner Lupita:

jerami-grant-dajuan-coleman-in-street-clothesjpg-818977693b2046f9.jpg

The funniest thing about that picture is the look on Coleman's face. Like he's laughing at the rookie (in terms of sitting out games). Coleman has missed so many games due to injury that he's wearing Bill Belichick give-ups. The new guy shows up trying to look like a combination Spike Lee, Kevin Durant, and Urkel. DC says "just be comfortable, rook."

Only issue with the officials was the moving screen by bojarnowski that gave them the three to make it real close and all the momentum. He just shoved our guard down into the lane and they shot right over it.
This has really hurt our defense this year. I can't remember so few moving screens called, especially when teams are doing nearly every possession. ACC officials refuse to call it. One of the few (only) positives of the Big East officials is that they would call one early in the game and this would diminish the use of them the rest of the game.

So he has a bad game and now he's of no use to this team? How about the recent games where he's played solidly and/or gave the team extended minutes? I'll never understand the "you're only as good as your last game" mentality that so many people want to apply to competitive team sports.

No one, especially me, said he was of "No Use". What I said was that he was a complete non factor...For the most part this year he's done as well as be expected. His role is to spell our guards. Anything else is gravy.

I'd love to see him score some points, but I'll 5 - 10 min of solid defense instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom