Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
96 team won 8 of their last 9 games in the regular season.
Won 2 games in the BET and wasn’t ranked below 19th from Dec till the end of the season in March.

That team was solid the entire season.
The post said that we got it going in the BET. The poster says he was referring to '13. But it could also have been referencing '96. And, '96 finished well in the regular season, but lost in the BET semis by about 10. Which is okay but not great.

The post you were responding to mentioned his freshman year, 1996. Now, you can be confused, or I can be confused. But, if you trace it back, you can see that your response could refer to either year.
Yeah, we were talking about the 4 seed final four years initially. I was referring to 2013 when talking about being a great team all year other than the late Feb. swoon before regrouping in the postseason if I recall.

Thinking of ‘96...We had a great nonconference start, and then I think we had a horrible start to Big East play that year? And then played well after that.

Even if the original post was referring to 96 we had won ten of eleven going into that Uconn game so...
The point is--the post could be interpreted as we "got it going" in the BET.

The post said that we got it going in the BET. The poster says he was referring to '13. But it could also have been referencing '96. And, '96 finished well in the regular season, but lost in the BET semis by about 10. Which is okay but not great.
96 and 13 those teams weren’t fluky reaching the Final Four which was the overarching point.
Both of those teams were ranked the entire season and got losses because they played in tough Big East conference seasons.

Anytime you are a top 4 seed in the NCAAT being competitive for a Final Four is expected.

96 and 13 those teams weren’t fluky reaching the Final Four which was the overarching point.
Both of those teams were ranked the entire season and got losses because they played in tough Big East conference seasons.

Anytime you are a top 4 seed in the NCAAT being competitive for a Final Four is expected.
Right. Both teams were ranked all year. 2013 team was ranked in the top 10 from November-late February. Beat Louisville on the road. We knew we were as good as anyone out there when playing well.

'96 team was very good (and one of my favorites), but finished 4th in the BE. And, of course, needed 2 bits of magic to get by UGA.

Edit: And there was great concern heading to the NCAA's, having lost to UConn by 18 in the BET semis.

'96 team was very good (and one of my favorites), but finished 4th in the BE. And, of course, needed 2 bits of magic to get by UGA.
Okay let’s play this game.
2016 team finished 9th in the ACC.
Needed a miracle comeback against Gonzaga in the S16 and an insane Malachi Richardson second half against Virginia in the E8.

Let’s talk about that FF run then.

Edit: And there was great concern heading to the NCAA's, having lost to UConn by 18 in the BET semis.
Finished 4th, but UConn, Georgetown, and Villanova were 3 of the best teams in the country that year.

No, the overarching point wasn’t that those Final Four runs were fluky.

No, the overarching point wasn’t that those Final Four runs were fluky.
Ask OrangeDW it was his point not yours.

So you can’t tell me that. He can.

Everybody can “showcase” themselves with only one basketball - when the PG is really good and unselfish and has the basketball a lot.
If you have 2/5 guys auditioning for the NBA that’s not usually a surefire recipe for college success. In any event I’m sorry I started this because it’s a tiresome argument at this point.

I am sorry but this is you basically saying people shouldn’t be fans.
Every fanbase has people who complain about everything but the fanbase overwhelmingly was fine in 2013.

Our program hasn’t played a game as a ranked program from January 1st till the end of the season since March 7, 2014.

If all you care about is the tournament then it’s all good.

If QG plays college hoops next year this discussion will be louder.
People can be, do, and say whatever they want. It’s just funny that some of you act like everyone will be happy if the team meets your standards.

If you have 2/5 guys auditioning for the NBA that’s not usually a surefire recipe for college success. In any event I’m sorry I started this because it’s a tiresome argument at this point.
if auditioning means playing selfishly, sure.

If it means getting the chance to carry more of the load, that’s not a bad thing if said player is good enough to do that.

People can be, do, and say whatever they want. It’s just funny that some of you act like everyone will be happy if the team meets your standards.

We aren’t a NC or bust program.

That is a fact.
I could give you a detailed well thought response which I just made in my head but it’s pointless.
You are just as dug in as the other side you call out.

That is a fact.
I could give you a detailed well thought response which I just made in my head but it’s pointless.
Perennial Top 25, usually top 4 in the league with the occasional title, frequent sweet 16s with the occasional deep run.

That’s what I want. Pre-2015 Syracuse basketball.

None of the FF runs were fluky. They were all earned. These arguments about tournament success is dumb. And the 2013 team is the 3rd or 4th best team we have had going back to 1990. Not even sure why they are in the conversation.

And while regular season success is nice and correlated with tournament success, nobody is ever talking about our success in 92, 05 11, or 14.

A lot of the same fans that complain about the lack of regular season success were miserable even when we were winning regular season games from 2008-2014.

you don’t know that. And if you’re going to believe that there’s a hell of a lot of coaches that have poor relationships with their players seeing as how there’s so many in the portal, many who are better than Q. I will maintain what I said in the beginning, IMO it had something to do with JB insisting on a decision. Can’t just hang till July.
Can't just hang on till July. Exactly and Absolutely.

None of the FF runs were fluky. They were all earned. These arguments about tournament success is dumb. And the 2013 team is the 3rd or 4th best team we have had going back to 1990. Not even sure why they are in the conversation.

And while regular season success is nice and correlated with tournament success, nobody is ever talking about our success in 92, 05 11, or 14.

A lot of the same fans that complain about the lack of regular season success were miserable even when we were winning regular season games from 2008-2014.
We were? Who said?

We were? Who said?

Guilty conscience?

In all seriousness I want to be too 4 or 5 in the ACC every year, but there were a lot of complainers then and that’s where I will agree with Day2. Some sadly disappeared or were kicked off the board.

As for next year goes I am not throwing in the towel yet on the season just because Quincy left because I assumed it was happening a month ago.

Guilty conscience?

In all seriousness I want to be too 4 or 5 in the ACC every year, but there were a lot of complainers then and that’s where I will agree with Day2. Some sadly disappeared or were kicked off the board.

As for next year goes I am not throwing in the towel yet on the season just because Quincy left because I assumed it was happening a month ago.
I am not throwing in the towel either.
JB coached teams won’t suck.
They just haven’t been contending in the conference regular season or been anything more than middle of the road.

I don’t see a PG on the roster to give me optimism that it will be much better next year.

Buddy is solid.
Edwards gives us defense.
I need to see how the forwards rotate I mean we are losing our second and third best players from last year.
I hope Benny gets the minutes and isn’t the 3rd forward.
I believe the HC will do what he wants and then work backwards to justify it.

That is a fact.
I’m not going to apologize for having a positive outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom