Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple. The zone defense doesn’t help him at all if he’s trying for the next level.

Arizona State had a good relationship with one of his old buddies.

What you just can't seem to grasp is that the the transfer rule will work for you some times and against you at other times. This isn't about us. It's about the kids. How could you not understand that?

Dash bro. Let's call a spade a spade. If not for this transfer rule portal. Kadary and Quincy would still be here. Point blank.

It gives any kid with a smallest thing to be unhappy about a chance to leave and not sit out. Kadary was unhappy for only playing between 25-30 mins as a freshman wanted 40 mins a game abouts so he left. Quincy wasn't on NBA draft radars so he is transfers.

Good coaches put their players in spots on the floor to put the best possible team on the floor. They are not thinking about preparing players for the NBA. JB’s strength is putting his players in spots to be successful. He’s done it for years. His teams have always been full of “tweeners.” Quincy is not an NBA four and not a three. He knows he has to be a three at the next level, but that’s not what’s best for the SU team. That would be like having Seikely jacking up threes or Girard posting up inside. Quincy did show a better jumper this year and I would think that would continue next year. His focus is on his future and JB’s is winning now. This is why the portal will be interesting moving forward. It’s an interesting list of schools that have shown interest. Not a single ACC team for a player who was third team ACC.

Just read Donna’s article, after finishing it it plainly demonstrates to me at least that QG will never play an additional minute of college BB.
The fact that QG is 22 years old and hence will / would be 23 at the completion of an additional year of college BB is definitive to me. Add in the Canadian passport, French as a first language, all scream, Europe and pro money.
Anyway I wish QG all the good fortune in this world !

Last edited:
Good coaches put their players in spots on the floor to put the best possible team on the floor. They are not thinking about preparing players for the NBA. JB’s strength is putting his players in spots to be successful.
yep, maybe that why guys like Jerami and Oshae are leaving “early”. Because it is in their best interest to be preparing for the nba, not just winning at Syracuse.

i know it’s hard for some to accept.

Good coaches put their players in spots on the floor to put the best possible team on the floor. They are not thinking about preparing players for the NBA. JB’s strength is putting his players in spots to be successful. He’s done it for years. His teams have always been full of “tweeners.” Quincy is not an NBA four and not a three. He knows he has to be a three at the next level, but that’s not what’s best for the SU team. That would be like having Seikely jacking up threes or Girard posting up inside. Quincy did show a better jumper this year and I would think that would continue next year. His focus is on his future and JB’s is winning now. This is why the portal will be interesting moving forward. It’s an interesting list of schools that have shown interest. Not a single ACC team for a player who was third team ACC.
Is what is best for the team to only have 3 guards on the roster?
JB doesn’t always do what is best for the team.
He will play a struggling offensive player out of position rather than have a superior defensive player in.

JB changes what is best for the team so whatever he does is right.
JB doesn’t play the long game. He always plays every single game like its game 7 of a series.

Dash bro. Let's call a spade a spade. If not for this transfer rule portal. Kadary and Quincy would still be here. Point blank.

It gives any kid with a smallest thing to be unhappy about a chance to leave and not sit out. Kadary was unhappy for only playing between 25-30 mins as a freshman wanted 40 mins a game abouts so he left. Quincy wasn't on NBA draft radars so he is transfers.
So what? Next year we may get some stud to come in after some other coach has the nerve to point out something he is doing wrong. We will be fine.

Last edited:
Is what is best for the team to only have 3 guards on the roster?
JB doesn’t always do what is best for the team.
He will play a struggling offensive player out of position rather than have a superior defensive player in.

JB changes what is best for the team so whatever he does is right.
JB doesn’t play the long game. He always plays every single game like its game 7 of a series.
I am not sure but I don't believe we have a game tomorrow. We would love to bring in the right kid to the program. It is a narrow fit so time will tell. As for JB changing what he does for the team...two words Thank God. Imagine being so narrow minded that you never adjusted your thinking? Then, we would have a real problem.
I get that it is the off season and we really don't have games to go over, burt we nit pick almost everything. meanwhile, our football team wins one whole game, after 5 years get two whole players drafted and we are getting the parade route set up if he can win 6 games this year. Seems really weird to me.

He left after 2 years, undrafted,
i don’t think this is the example you want to use.
Actually, it is.
1620063913909.gif

I am not sure but I don't believe we have a game tomorrow. We would love to bring in the right kid to the program. It is a narrow fit so time will tell. As for JB changing what he does for the team...two words Thank God. Imagine being so narrow minded that you never adjusted your thinking? Then, we would have a real problem.
I get that it is the off season and we really don't have games to go over, burt we nit pick almost everything. meanwhile, our football team wins one whole game, after 5 years get two whole players drafted and we are getting the parade route set up if he can win 6 games this year. Seems really weird to me.
Dino is on the hot seat.
Dino also has a way harder job than JB.
85 players vs. 13 players.
More high level BB players in our recruiting backyard than FB.

I got no problem with people who are down on Dino.
I got no problem admitting JB talking publicly and how he spins things has made more skeptical.

Bill Simmons when talking about Shaquille O’Neal’s career said it was a 3.68 GPA which is damn good but because Shaq did things his way it wasn’t as good as it could have been. The problem though is Shaq was convinced that 3.68 GPA was actually a 4.0 and he honestly thought it was a 4.0 even though it wasn’t based on what he did and how did things.

That is what I see in JB he probably has a 3.8 GPA which is damn good but he really thinks it’s a 4.0 and it’s not. You can’t tell him otherwise.

That is the problem. It’s damn good but the person in the mirror thinks it’s better when it’s not.

I believe JB right now thinks he is building rosters that can compete for NCs but they aren’t good enough I would hope though he knows that.
I don’t know if he does.

Kids dream of playing in the NBA and if a coach isn't trying to develop your skills to reach the league ...it's portal time... as much as l hate to see QG leave he's doing the right thing for his basketball future because playing down low in the paint isn't helping his dreams come true.

Another thing to add - there could be other factors as to why a player leaves early. MCW had the tragedy with his parents (yes he was a lotto pick), Devo had his reasons, shoot none of us realized Alan Griffin had a child until recently. Can never fault a kid for trying to get some money

Another thing to add - there could be other factors as to why a player leaves early. MCW had the tragedy with his parents (yes he was a lotto pick), Devo had his reasons, shoot none of us realized Alan Griffin had a child until recently. Can never fault a kid for trying to get some money

I think there is also just a fundamentally different viewpoint of the way that fans view college basketball and the players (at least the ones that are high level/can play pro/maybe NBA). And I mean this more so than the "well no duh, we watch, they play".

I bleed orange and care about the ups and downs way more than any normal human should (like most of us on this board) as it pertains to Syracuse's success.

A lot of these guys, I think, this is just the next step on the way to where you want to be. Sort of like having to go to middle school before you go to high school. It's much more transactional. Now, I do feel a lot of the players do have love for the school, appreciate JB (some more than others) and are proud to be an SU alum after they leave. But in the moment, especially nowadays, it's just the next step to get paid.

I want to be clear, I have no issue with it, either. None. Just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom