Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because the football program isn’t top 5 in revenue produced each year, doesn’t have a lot of talent in the backyard.
Football isn’t a top tier program.
Also the football coach has made changes to try and fix things.
The basketball coach doesn’t change anything how we play or depth.

Basketball has the dome, rabid fanbase, talent in the region.
It’s not an apples to apples comparison.
I am also okay if people are frustrated with football I am not defending the wall.
No The football coach has been an abstract failure to this point. Anything else is just spin. But you like the football coach. And have from day 1. You don't like JB. I get that. There are things to dislike. But you don't have to make them up. One win in year 5. That is a disaster. 2 guys drafted in year 5. That is also a disaster. Own it. And you just made a bunch of excuses for the coach that you aren't defending the wall for.

yeah, and can you imagine what you would be saying when he stayed in the draft and we came up empty? How could JB leave us without any quality forwards? I can hear it now. You make absolutely no effort to be fair. None. it diminishes everything else you write. The coaches did the right thing. They got us two forwards that will really help next year. One, I think will be a star. Not to mention the 5 star forward. Of course, we could always have waited. Oh, and Q might have left anyway because his camp wants him to play the 3. and that isn't what was best for Syracuse.
I would say that we should be able to have 4 quality forwards on the roster that Q going pro wouldn’t kill us.

We aren’t allowed to have depth though because kids want to play and we only play 7.

No The football coach has been an abstract failure to this point. Anything else is just spin. But you like the football coach. And have from day 1. You don't like JB. I get that. There are things to dislike. But you don't have to make them up. One win in year 5. That is a disaster. 2 guys drafted in year 5. That is also a disaster. Own it. And you just made a bunch of excuses for the coach that you aren't defending the wall for.
If Dino was fired I wouldn’t cry about it.
I explained the differences and you ignored them.

I would say that we should be able to have 4 quality forwards on the roster that Q going pro wouldn’t kill us.

We aren’t allowed to have depth though.
We are. Q didn't want to be here. He decided not to come back. What part of that don't you understand. No one at Syracuse told Q to leave. How is it that is so hard for you to understand?

We are. Q didn't want to be here. He decided not to come back. What part of that don't you understand. No one at Syracuse told Q to leave. How is it that is so hard for you to understand?
He wasn’t told to leave.
He just saw the situation and I mean c’mon man.
I get you like the roster. We disagree.

If Dino was fired I wouldn’t cry about it.
I explained the differences and you ignored them.
Because it is crap. one win in year 5 if he wins 6 games this year, there will be a parade for him from guys like you. We fired P for winning 6 games. But, this is the hoops board. And like I was right about Buddy, in fairness, jb was too, this coming years team will be exciting. You also said that going to the sweet 16 is not going far. Except, only three schools have gone to three sweet 16's in the last 5 tournaments. That isn't many. And we are one of them. But, let's ignore that.

He wasn’t told to leave.
He just saw the situation and I mean c’mon man.
I get you like the roster. We disagree.
You are wrong. He saw that he couldn't play the 3 here. Period. That is why he left. I think it was the right decision for both. Oh, and I don't like the roster. I love it. Size and shooting ability will equal a lot of wins. And exciting hoop as well.

Q going to another school in MAY should shut up the narrative we couldn’t afford to wait till the NBA deadline.

However it won’t stop it from being used as an excuse.
Best wishes to this kid but it’s a joke what has happened here.

nope

yeah, and can you imagine what you would be saying when he stayed in the draft and we came up empty? How could JB leave us without any quality forwards? I can hear it now. You make absolutely no effort to be fair. None. it diminishes everything else you write. The coaches did the right thing. They got us two forwards that will really help next year. One, I think will be a star. Not to mention the 5 star forward. Of course, we could always have waited. Oh, and Q might have left anyway because his camp wants him to play the 3. and that isn't what was best for Syracuse.

its gotten ridiculous.

its gotten ridiculous.
Your right the basketball program is healthy.
If you don’t get the frustration that is your right.
The program is top 5 in revenue profitability, rabid fanbase, and hasn’t played a conference game as a ranked team since 2014.

Yeah the frustration has gotten out of hand.

The program is top 5 in revenue profitability, rabid fanbase, and hasn’t played a conference game as a ranked team since 2014.

Well, we finished this past season in the top 25. When is it most important to be ranked, at the end of a season or in the middle? We all know the answer to that question.

Well, we finished this past season in the top 25. When is it most important to be ranked, at the end of a season or in the middle? We all know the answer to that question.
Buddy did an outstanding job carrying the team to the sweet 16 last year.
We finished last season at #25.
Congrats to last yesr’s Team I don’t think that changes anything in what I said.
We had our fewest games on ESPN:ESPN2 last year.
We didn’t have any games in the regular season on CBS.
Our program isn’t getting the coverage it used too? Why because the regular season does kinda matter as well.

So you think the basketball program is on the right direction?

who said the program is healthy? Or that people aren’t frustrated? Again, you don’t get it.

Best of (except against SU) luck Q !
But I firmly believe a lot of people on this board are going to be shocked how great Cole is going to be in our offensive scheme !

who said the program is healthy? Or that people aren’t frustrated? Again, you don’t get it.
You of course always get it.
Never wrong about anything.
I can’t imagine how it must feel to be you and always be right.
Kaiser’s old omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient routine should be yours now as you are always right.

Buddy did an outstanding job carrying the team to the sweet 16 last year.
We finished last season at #25.
Congrats to last yesr’s Team I don’t think that changes anything in what I said.
We had our fewest games on ESPN:ESPN2 last year.
We didn’t have any games in the regular season on CBS.
Our program isn’t getting the coverage it used too? Why because the regular season does kinda matter as well.

So you think the basketball program is on the right direction?
Right now, with the team I see coming back, yes. Now, longer term, it's tough to say it is on the right track with a coach that is 76 or 77. And we have no idea who the next coach will be. College hoops is in a state of real flux right now. Kids leaving all over the country. It's tough to put too many schools on the right track wrong track scale. I imagine you would have had us on the right track in football after Eric's sr year. How would that look now? I love our team next year. And you haven't heard me say that since 2012. The schedule bothers me and I have said this before, get 2 wins in Atlantis and we are off to the races.

Right. I just can’t seem to make these guys understand that logically losing Q for Cole and JBJ is not an even trade base on what they’ve done. If we could trade back tomm we’d do that 100 out of 100 times

Uh, there's only one JBJ! ;):)

1621270254818.png

You of course always get it.
Never wrong about anything.
I can’t imagine how it must feel to be you and always be right.
Kaiser’s old omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient routine should be yours now as you are always right.

LOL. There’s nothing to be right about.

I think people are going to be really surprised when they see how effective Swider is around the hoop. He isn't just a stationary jump shooter.
I do hope you’re right on that. I have my fingers crossed that these moves work out, but no crystal ball, so who the heck knows. One thing I do like is the possibility of having a healthy Sidibe and Jesse Edwards at center.

You are wrong. He saw that he couldn't play the 3 here. Period. That is why he left. I think it was the right decision for both. Oh, and I don't like the roster. I love it. Size and shooting ability will equal a lot of wins. And exciting hoop as well.
I mean, the fact that you and others seem so bullish on the roster moves does make me wonder if my doubts are unfounded. I am just very concerned about the lack of athleticism and not having someone who’s elite or even solid at attacking off the bounce and finishing at the rim. I hope Girard can develop into a guy who’s capable of that, and I think Benny could be that for us, too. Buddy has the backdown but it would be even better if he can continue to improve his driving/attacking ability off the bounce, which we saw more of as the season went on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors