Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
it didn't hurt donovan mcnabb versus georgetown. where's lydon ?

Q testing the waters isn't a good thing for us. Being 6'6 to 6'7, most likely he will be told that he will need to display typical small forward skills (more shots from the outside, including 3s along with showing other small forward/perimeter player type skills). We have him playing inside and as a power forward. If Marek leaves and we can't get a quality center, JB will ask Guerrier to play some center. If he goes back to college, he should go somewhere that will allow him to play his natural position, and I would not blame him at all - Marek's been playing out of position his entire time at Syracuse, Lydon did too. Filling a spot in a pinch is admirable and expected, but we ask too much from guys to play out of position most of the time. It's not a good look for guys with pro potential who need to showcase their talent.
hes not playing center. If he does that will mean JB has officially lost it.

my take:

• was he really injured or not? if he was, then he could actually be ready. But if he was I don't think it was that significantly that it really impacted his performance...he did slip as the season wore on...which is curious...he started off so hot...first few months he was NBA caliber...but that was also against scrub teams.
  • All things considered, he shouldnt be an all-game player even if he comes back, imo. A lot of it depends on who the other forwards are but Benny is one ...and he will play, hopefully a lot (cuz that means he will be good)...but he isnt that tall...at least one of the forwards needs to be a dominant inside force...and Q aint that against top teams...at least not yet. Would he accept less playing time next year in favor of being on a stronger team? 20 min seems about right. a POWER forward is necessary...not 2 small forwards, imo...
  • my preference for SU is 2 big power forwards at the forward slots that play above the rim and dominate...which q doesnt quite do. his offense was spotty vs teams with inside presence and good d...which is not a good sign for nba success, imo. needs to work on his game...but not sure that is at syr.
my hope:

his decision will not hold the portal pounding at his position hostage. I hope JB told him test the waters but we are going to test the portal and you might have to fight for your spot next year if you do come back...if they are holding a spot for him and he doesnt come back and that causes the team to miss out on a transfer beast...will be worst case scenario.

peace, and best of luck.
There is no way QG is ready for the NBA...he's short for a power Forward, plays with his back to the basket and can't finish against the smaller college guys yet... and does not shoot, handle, drive off the dribble or finish well enough yet for a wing in the NBA...I think he needs to spend a year working on his ball handling skills, shot and finishing. 6-7 guys are guards in the bigs... If he goes he will (like most other SU guys who left early) end up playing somewhere like Fargo SD for peanuts and will fade away...be patient young man...just look at the others who had visions of stardom and where they are now!

There is no way QG is ready for the NBA...he's short for a power Forward, plays with his back to the basket and can't finish against the smaller college guys yet... and does not shoot, handle, drive off the dribble or finish well enough yet for a wing in the NBA...I think he needs to spend a year working on his ball handling skills, shot and finishing. 6-7 guys are guards in the bigs... If he goes he will (like most other SU guys who left early) end up playing somewhere like Fargo SD for peanuts and will fade away...be patient young man...just look at the others who had visions of stardom and where they are now!
The issue is that hes never gonna get taller and thats his main issue. Hes 2 inches short for his skill set and staying a year isn't going to do anything for him to help that. So if he enjoys Cuse and wants a degree he can stay or he can go play in the G league or in a fairly high level euro league. Those are his choices today, tomorrow, next year and the year after.

I dont remember jim supporting any of them going pro.

JB about Flynn. Why do you make things up so much? Nothing better to do?

"I've known pretty much for a while," Boeheim said Thursday. "He's had a tremendous career here, and I think he's going to be a tremendous player at the next level. We hate to lose him, but the opportunity that he has and will take advantage of I think is tremendous. It's a lot of money and it's hard to not take. He's been great for us and we wish him nothing but the best."

I dont remember jim supporting any of them going pro.

I recall JB supporting Owens a lot when he declared

""Physically and mentally, he's as ready to go to the next level as any player we've had," Boeheim said."

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim said Owens will be one of the top draft choices and can expect to sign a contract worth at least $10 million.

'The only player in the draft who has comparable ability to Billy Owens is (UNLV forward) Larry Johnson,' Boeheim said. 'I would be shocked if he didn't go in the top three.'

Owens is projected as a small forward in the NBA, but also has the skills to play at guard or power forward, Boeheim said.

I recall JB supporting Owens a lot when he declared

""Physically and mentally, he's as ready to go to the next level as any player we've had," Boeheim said."

Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim said Owens will be one of the top draft choices and can expect to sign a contract worth at least $10 million.

'The only player in the draft who has comparable ability to Billy Owens is (UNLV forward) Larry Johnson,' Boeheim said. 'I would be shocked if he didn't go in the top three.'

Owens is projected as a small forward in the NBA, but also has the skills to play at guard or power forward, Boeheim said.
Don’t let facts get in the way of his agenda. Cmon man.

I think QG is smart to test the waters...why not. I think he has a chance to get some feedback and maybe be a late second round pick if he does well in workouts and the combine if he is invited. As SU fans of course we all wish him the best but also want him to come back to be a first rounder in 2022. The issue with him testing the waters is how late the withdraw deadline is and wether he is going to come back or not could really affect the decisions of other potential transfer forwards. Good luck one way or another QG!

JB about Flynn. Why do you make things up so much? Nothing better to do?

"I've known pretty much for a while," Boeheim said Thursday. "He's had a tremendous career here, and I think he's going to be a tremendous player at the next level. We hate to lose him, but the opportunity that he has and will take advantage of I think is tremendous. It's a lot of money and it's hard to not take. He's been great for us and we wish him nothing but the best."
He also was very supportive of Deion, told him he was ready for the NBA.

As a reminder, there ain’t a kid on this team going to The League this year, a league sure, The League, nfw.

Don’t let facts get in the way of his agenda. Cmon man.
For the people that use the words narrative and agenda, what exactly do you think their agenda/narrative is? I see those terms used here daily and get a chuckle out of it. Like are they undercover Georgetown fans putting in hours here to disparage the team and coach in hopes that recruits and their families see it? Are they hoping that the Post-Standard sees that they have excellent critical thinking and communication abilities? That JB is going to read their post and change his lineups and thank them on the radio show? Maybe they are hoping to recruit fellow board members into their anti-JB and Joe cult perhaps? It's really quite odd to think and then say that random anonymous people on a meaningless fan message board have an agenda as if they have some hopes of effecting something in real life with their NARRATIVE.

Other than Melo has JB ever agreed that any kid that left was ready?
Between his Frosh and Sophs never being ready to players never should leave Jim obviously likes his steak well done.

Well, to be fair, almost none of those players who left early have made it. Neither have many transfers, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't have become better players for us.

Would really be crappy if Q didn’t come back because of Jimmy... ugh

If Jimmy Boeheim is on our roster next year, I won't be able to bear to watch.

That would be awesome. Plus Benny and Jimmy b. That's a good forward group

Woody, Benny and Jimmy Boeheim would be a great forward group?
Are you kidding me?

With Edwards at center and 2 slow guys at guard, that will probably be the worst rebounding team in SU history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom