Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

Why on earth would a starter leave Syracuse to go to Oregon to play basketball? I just don't understand these transfers from a common sense standpoint?

Is it simply because kids just want to try something new?
“He was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

“He was looking for my position and I was looking for the same thing. I’m going to play more at the three and I’m going to be able to play more on the perimeter and put the ball more on the floor. That was really the main reason why I left Syracuse because I couldn’t really do that. Now I will be able to show my full potential.”

I mean find a way to let him expand his skillset a bit while keeping him in the program. Get creative with offensive sets using both the 3 and the 4. Show him tape of John Wallace. Show him a path for him and Benny to do what they do well here. Losing Q and Kadary is absolutely devastating to our upside next year.

Not sure how you made that leap, but OK.
Lol. There was no leap there. Kid knew what he was looking for (his own words) and its not a leap at all to think he knew what his chances were to get drafted this year. I think everyone knew that...now going overseas is a different story.

I mean find a way to let him expand his skillset a bit while keeping him in the program. Get creative with offensive sets using both the 3 and the 4. Show him tape of John Wallace. Show him a path for him and Benny to do what they do well here. Losing Q and Kadary is absolutely devastating to our upside next year.
The winning margin for us and almost everyone else is small. Q would hurt us at the 3. It really is that simple.

Lol. There was no leap there. Kid knew what he was looking for (his own words) and its not a leap at all to think he knew what his chances were to get drafted this year. I think everyone knew that...now going overseas is a different story.
I was wondering if he did a few meetings with scouts, or even workouts, they told him what he needed to show, and he realized quickly that the NBA wasn't an immediate yes, so he found the right situation for him.

Good for him. Wonder if the Pac12 will be better than the ACC again this year.

I understand why he's transferring but I still can't believe he's going to play another year of college basketball. Unless he shoots 40% from deep and reaalllyy improves his handle I can't imagine he'll sniff the first round at his age. Especially if he wasn't hearing good things from the league this year.

I thought that the Oshae route was perfect for Q but I genuinely hope he has an All-American season and gets there this way.

I like Q, but Wallace had 10 times the dribbling skills that he has and was a wayyy better athlete.

Fans here are going to make the comparison to Oshae and I don’t think thats even a good one as Oshae was a way better athlete and much better ball handler.

I’m sure it came down to JB saying Benny is our SF next year and Quincy wasn’t down with being in the same role as this year because that wasn’t going to win over NBA scouts.

We gamble.
First, I am a gambler. second, I don't know you. You have a 1000 posts here and I have 34000. How do i know that I would get my winnings? Third, you want to bet me that we will not be as better than a 11 seed and won't be better than .500 in the ACC? IF I knew you, I would love that bet.

I understand why he's transferring but I still can't believe he's going to play another year of college basketball. Unless he shoots 40% from deep and reaalllyy improves his handle I can't imagine he'll sniff the first round at his age. Especially if he wasn't hearing good things from the league this year.

I thought that the Oshae route was perfect for Q but I genuinely hope he has an All-American season and gets there this way.
I don’t see a way he gets drafted. He could have had a g league year like Brissett and get paid to play basketball. You’re going down a level in competition for maybe two years at Oregon?

Just a very short sighted move by a guy that couldn’t hit an open three.

First, I am a gambler. second, I don't know you. You have a 1000 posts here and I have 34000. How do i know that I would get my winnings? Third, you want to bet me that we will not be as high as a 11 seed and won't be better than .500 in the ACC? IF I knew you, I would love that bet.
Easy solution...we can just send CR after him to rough him up if he doesnt pay!

First, I am a gambler. second, I don't know you. You have a 1000 posts here and I have 34000. How do i know that I would get my winnings? Third, you want to bet me that we will not be as better than a 11 seed and won't be better than .500 in the ACC? IF I knew you, I would love that bet.

It was mostly tongue in cheek. Congrats on your post count though. I think our lack of athleticism is an enormous problem on both ends of the floor next year.

I still think he's playing pro ball somewhere next season.

It was mostly tongue in cheek. Congrats on your post count though. I think our lack of athleticism is an enormous problem on both ends of the floor next year.
I don't think it will be. We have basketball players. We are big and we can shoot. Tough schedule next year but I think we are going to be up for it. And the post count wasn't a shot. Just that if you have 30000 posts, it would easier to trust a bet with you or anyone. I made a bet with someone in 2016 (politics) and paid.

I don't think it will be. We have basketball players. We are big and we can shoot. Tough schedule next year but I think we are going to be up for it. And the post count wasn't a shot. Just that if you have 30000 posts, it would easier to trust a bet with you or anyone. I made a bet with someone in 2016 (politics) and paid.

Touche, and I respect your basketball knowledge. I honestly hope I am wrong.

Why on earth would a starter leave Syracuse to go to Oregon to play basketball? I just don't understand these transfers from a common sense standpoint?

Is it simply because kids just want to try something new?
You realize Oregon is pretty good at basketball, right?

in the last 4 NCAA tourneys, 2 sweet 16 and a final four

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom