Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier transferring to Oregon

JB gives his players - especially young ones and especially unpolished ones - a lane to follow...with dos and donts.

It works, mostly...the team generally wins...but I think it backfires some...I think Q was told not to dribble and drive...which doesnt make sense to me...I bet he shows on Oregon that he is very good at that this upcoming season.

Limiting what players can and cant do out there has plusses and negatives...sometimes the player isnt ready to freestyle out there but they can fill a role...and generally players get a bunch of leeway by the time they are seniors. But it also makes it very easy to scheme against for the more astute programs...they know what rules JB gives his players and play accordingly a la UVA.

Also, I think it sometimes prevents player development...hence, QGs nod to Altman for his player development...I feel like people are going to be impressed with QG this year...he might look like a different player.

I don't buy he wasn't allowed to dribble and drive. He tried to showcase it a few times and it wasn't pretty. He has had issues with being called for charges and getting his pocket picked when he did. I mean sure he could all the sudden showcase a big-time handle but I'm not buying it's some major skill that could have helped the team that was shelved.

He didn’t enter the portal until a couple weeks ago. That’s when he officially decided to leave Syracuse. Otherwise, he would have entered the portal the moment he opted to test the draft.
Yea im not going back and forth with this. Good for Quincy finding what he was looking for. He knew what his role at Syracuse would be...Benny coming in as a projected NBA talent at the 3 and him not being on any draft boards. He knew what he was looking for and found it. Your trying to hard to make my comment into something else...pretty straight forward here.

What fascinates me... college hoops could fix this on a macro level if they wanted to.

The pro game is officiated such that talent shines.

The college game is officiated such that disparities in talent can be minimized.
NCAA officiating is horrible...has at times pushed me to the brink of never watching again.

JB gives his players - especially young ones and especially unpolished ones - a lane to follow...with dos and donts.

It works, mostly...the team generally wins...but I think it backfires some...I think Q was told not to dribble and drive...which doesnt make sense to me...I bet he shows on Oregon that he is very good at that this upcoming season.

Limiting what players can and cant do out there has plusses and negatives...sometimes the player isnt ready to freestyle out there but they can fill a role...and generally players get a bunch of leeway by the time they are seniors. But it also makes it very easy to scheme against for the more astute programs...they know what rules JB gives his players and play accordingly a la UVA.

Also, I think it sometimes prevents player development...hence, QGs nod to Altman for his player development...I feel like people are going to be impressed with QG this year...he might look like a different player.
I hope he gets what he wants. But, I remember many times this year when he had the ball on the perimeter and he was allowed to shoot or drive. I’m not sure what else he will be able to do at Oregon.

This was a more recent prep highlight film. Looks a lot like his SU highlight film.

Why are we losing our best players - players that got significant playing time and would in the future - to peer/lesser programs? Is there a third Boeheim that we can add to replace him? Maybe a cousin?
Are we really a super program to these schools? At one time, but not so sure we are now.

If they give him free reign to shoot threes and dribble their entire staff should be canned.

Yea im not going back and forth with this. Good for Quincy finding what he was looking for. He knew what his role at Syracuse would be...Benny coming in as a projected NBA talent at the 3 and him not being on any draft boards. He knew what he was looking for and found it. Your trying to hard to make my comment into something else...pretty straight forward here.
I’m trying too hard... what? I mean, you can believe whatever you want. You’re just wrong.

It is straightforward: He tested the draft for about a month, received some feedback, understood we wouldn’t be able to give him the role he wanted based on that feedback, and entered the portal. These situations are fluid. He wasn’t transferring to Oregon all along.

I understand why he's transferring but I still can't believe he's going to play another year of college basketball. Unless he shoots 40% from deep and reaalllyy improves his handle I can't imagine he'll sniff the first round at his age. Especially if he wasn't hearing good things from the league this year.

I thought that the Oshae route was perfect for Q but I genuinely hope he has an All-American season and gets there this way.

maybe he likes the college experience? You ever been to those pac 12 campuses ?

I’m trying too hard... what? I mean, you can believe whatever you want. You’re just wrong.

It is straightforward: He tested the draft for about a month, received some feedback, understood we wouldn’t be able to give him the role he wanted based on that feedback, and entered the portal. These situations are fluid. He wasn’t transferring to Oregon all along.
I never said he was transferring to Oregon all along. I said he knew what he wanted to do. (Play in a system where he could showcase himself and knew what would be asked of him at cuse.) It really is that simple. He did dip his toe in the NBA waters fully knowing what his evaluation would more then likely be. There is nothing wrong about any of this but whatever...good for him, he was by all accounts a great teammate.

I never said he was transferring to Oregon all along. I said he knew what he wanted to do. (Play in a system where he could showcase himself and knew what would be asked of him at cuse.) It really is that simple. He did dip his toe in the NBA waters fully knowing what his evaluation would more then likely be. There is nothing wrong about any of this but whatever...good for him, he was by all accounts a great teammate.
He wasn’t transferring anywhere all along. He only decided to transfer a couple weeks ago. I agree it’s simple. For whatever reason, you’re insisting he had the whole thing figured out once the season ended. Had that been the case, he would have entered the portal immediately. That’s not what happened.

You’re right, it’s not worth arguing over. It’s not worth altering details either.

The
First, I am a gambler. second, I don't know you. You have a 1000 posts here and I have 34000. How do i know that I would get my winnings? Third, you want to bet me that we will not be as better than a 11 seed and won't be better than .500 in the ACC? IF I knew you, I would love that bet.
I’ll bet you over under 6.5 as our seed I’ll take the over. The bet will be one entry into a poker tournament for $200 by the loser.

I said 6.5 because that’s a top 25 team and I don’t think will be a top 25 team next year.

The

I’ll bet you over under 6.5 as our seed I’ll take the over. The vet will be one entry into a poker tournament for $200 by the loser.

I said 6.5 because that’s a top 25 team and I don’t think will be a top 25 team next year.
make it 7 1/2 and you have a bet. I think our OOC schedule is one of the toughest we have ever faced.

He wasn’t transferring anywhere all along. He only decided to transfer a couple weeks ago. I agree it’s simple. For whatever reason, you’re insisting he had the whole thing figured out once the season ended. Had that been the case, he would have entered the portal immediately. That’s not what happened.

You’re right, it’s not worth arguing over. It’s not worth altering details either.
200 (1).gif

make it 7 1/2 and you have a bet. I think our OOC schedule is one of the toughest we have ever faced.
How about this we find a neutral poster to set the line.
I say 690West
He is a gambler and pretty fair.
I think 6.5 because I think that is a top 25 team.
Let’s see what he thinks.

How about this we find a neutral poster to set the line.
I say 690West
He is a gambler and pretty fair.
I think 6.5 because I think that is a top 25 team.
Let’s see what he thinks.
You can’t be that down on this team if you’re not willing to take that bet.

You can’t be that down on this team if you’re not willing to take that bet.
I don’t think we are a top 25 team next year that is the bet.

I don’t think we will suck. I want to actually be a top 25 team going into the tournament.

Good luck, Quincy at Oregon if that is where you play. I enjoy the way you played while at Syracuse and appreciate the effort you shown in every game. At Syracuse, you filled a role where there was a void.

Understand your desire to show your perimeter skills and hope you have a chance,

I don’t think we are a top 25 team next year that is the bet.

I don’t think we will suck. I want to actually be a top 25 team going into the tournament.

I think top 25 is a fair line. A good argument could be made in either direction. I’m bullish so think a 5-6 seed is realistic.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom