Quincy Guerrier | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier

The candyman is gunna be a fan favorite I think. Cant wait to watch our new guys!

Someone should teach him how to play poker, but otherwise, I'm excited!

Quincy is so critical to our success this year. With three good shooters in the starting lineup plus Marek and his passing ability, when he gets in Quincy should have the opportunity to get open in the paint and score. obviously we won’t shoot as well as we did against Bucknell very often and in any event we need defenses to stay honest and not just guard our perimeter shooters. You can see him gaining confidence especially given his limited experience over the past year. I’d like to see him start offensive possessions closer to the basket rather than on the perimeter. I also would like to see him drive more often and go up stronger and not be afraid to be blocked. We need him to get to the line. He actually showed more in the low post in Italy that he has so far at home although that might just be a reflection of the stiffs they were playing over there.
He is also critical as a rebounder given our lack of alternatives. I think he can be more physical than he has shown and also when he rebounds he needs to look for the outlet pass rather than cradle the ball.
It was interesting that JB said they got on him for not going for a loose ball and that he learned from it immediately and got a loose ball in the second half. I don’t think intensity and effort will ever be a problem for this kid. While I’m not sure he is a first round talent this year as suggested in one mock draft I am confident that this kid has more upside than anybody on the roster and will improve quickly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom