Quincy | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes to show how playing for JB can cause permanent damage. Sometimes it’s like a delayed reaction poison. Too bad.

#21 ranked Oregon lost to UC Irvine. Former Cuse star, and fan favorite, Quincy Guerrier played 24 minutes and had the following stats: 0 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists.

Pretty rough game for a 23 year old senior with professional expectations. Hope he turns it around but I still shake my head about his transfer. And Bobby Braswell.

Oregon has a couple tough games coming up vs Houston, on 11/21 and vs Yukon on 11/24, so we will see what kind of coach Dana Altman is.
better luck next time

5dcdbd1d02f8350008207f2b_giphy.gif

Wait…..6 points, zero assists and 4 personal fouls in 20 minutes isn’t good?! #lotterypick

Shooting 80% from the floor, and has committed zero turnovers in two games if we want to post the positives too.

They’ve won by 27 and 36 points and basically the whole team has played about half the game, with their leading scorer averaging 11 ppg(Kadary is at 7.5), not sure how much you can take away from laughers like that. Guy certainly isn’t a shoot first guy or a stat hunter.

Sounds like you’ve got a bone to pick?

Shooting 80% from the floor, and has committed zero turnovers in two games if we want to post the positives too.

They’ve won by 27 and 36 points and basically the whole team has played about half the game, with their leading scorer averaging 11 ppg(Kadary is at 7.5), not sure how much you can take away from laughers like that. Guy certainly isn’t a shoot first guy or a stat hunter.

No bone to pick. I just remember there being a 97 page thread when he entered the portal, with lots of talk about his lottery status/NBA future. Now don’t get me wrong, was KR a very good to even a great fit up top in our zone D? You bet he was! Did he have a good handle along with vision? Yes. Unfortunately, everything off the court seemed to be questionable with him, from his work ethic to the partying.

You mentioned he isn’t a “stat” hunter…..well he was certainly a “starter” hunter. He would have been a huge piece to the puzzle here playing at least 20-25 minutes a game (which he ultimately played last year) but left because he wasn’t guaranteed to start. Heck, he didn’t even start every game for SH.

Again, no bone to pick, but ultimately he didn’t want to be here.

He doesn't have the drive to be a next level guy that i have seen. That said through 2 blowouts it means nothing in terms of being good at SH at this level.

No bone to pick. I just remember there being a 97 page thread when he entered the portal, with lots of talk about his lottery status/NBA future. Now don’t get me wrong, was KR a very good to even a great fit up top in our zone D? You bet he was! Did he have a good handle along with vision? Yes. Unfortunately, everything off the court seemed to be questionable with him, from his work ethic to the partying.

You mentioned he isn’t a “stat” hunter…..well he was certainly a “starter” hunter. He would have been a huge piece to the puzzle here playing at least 20-25 minutes a game (which he ultimately played last year) but left because he wasn’t guaranteed to start. Heck, he didn’t even start every game for SH.

Again, no bone to pick, but ultimately he didn’t want to be here.
Don’t know about the off court/work ethic and yeah he probably fit better here than he seems to at SH so far.

Still think he should’ve started. Looked like a no brainer to me. Best ball handler, passer, and defender and a better fit next to either one of our other guards than they were next to each other.

Don’t care anymore though now that Symir has seemingly turned a corner, and Judah looks like a potential future star.

kinda sad, honestly, we have a losing record last year and our big ITYS is dunking on the kids that left. Considering how bad they are, we probably would have been even worse last year if they stayed, I guess.

kinda sad, honestly, we have a losing record last year and our big ITYS is dunking on the kids that left. Considering how bad they are, we probably would have been even worse last year if they stayed, I guess.

Yeah measuring their value by whether they look like a draft pick or not is crazy. As collegiate players in orange they make a difference hands down and that's all that matters.

QG certainty has regressed since he came in with reasonably high expectations. I think that Bobby just wanted extra PT. He seemed like a good kid.
Bras also wanted to be close to home.

Quincy with another tough game last night in a tough ten-point loss to #3 Houston. In the first half, Quincy played 11 minutes, shot 0-5 and had one point and zero rebounds. He did have a little bit better second half, but not across the board. For the game, he played 31 minutes and had zero rebounds, zero assists, zero blocks, zero steals, four turnovers and four fouls. He did end up with 12 points on 2-11 shooting (1-7 from 3) and 7-9 from the FT line. I watched the first half, and he just isn't getting involved like he should be. I wish he still played for our team but how does a guy his size get zero rebounds in 32 minutes. You know something is not right with him.

Wh
Quincy with another tough game last night in a tough ten-point loss to #3 Houston. In the first half, Quincy played 11 minutes, shot 0-5 and had one point and zero rebounds. He did have a little bit better second half, but not across the board. For the game, he played 31 minutes and had zero rebounds, zero assists, zero blocks, zero steals, four turnovers and four fouls. He did end up with 12 points on 2-11 shooting (1-7 from 3) and 7-9 from the FT line. I watched the first half, and he just isn't getting involved like he should be. I wish he still played for our team but how does a guy his size get zero rebounds in 32 minutes. You know something is not right with him.
What business does he have taking 7 3s? Lol

This thread is kind of cringey. 1) we are on a multi year downturn that culminated with a sub .500 season last year and a loss to Colgate this year (again) and 2) it doesn't matter what these kids do once they transfer from Syracuse to me (unless they can help the Knicks), what matters is how they would have helped *Syracuse* had they stayed and how we've backfilled that gap.

Our forward positions are a mess right now. Think Q would have helped there? I'm not saying we could have gotten him to stay or I would have wanted him to stay with him shooting 17 threes a game. Point is, it doesn't matter if he scores 4 or 40 ppg at his new place, what matters is the production that would have been had here and how did we replace it.

This thread is kind of cringey. 1) we are on a multi year downturn that culminated with a sub .500 season last year and a loss to Colgate this year (again) and 2) it doesn't matter what these kids do once they transfer from Syracuse to me (unless they can help the Knicks), what matters is how they would have helped *Syracuse* had they stayed and how we've backfilled that gap.

Our forward positions are a mess right now. Think Q would have helped there? I'm not saying we could have gotten him to stay or I would have wanted him to stay with him shooting 17 threes a game. Point is, it doesn't matter if he scores 4 or 40 ppg at his new place, what matters is the production that would have been had here and how did we replace it.
This is another situation where losing Hop made a huge difference to the program.

If it doesn’t matter to you how they do after they transfer, then this probably isn’t the thread for you. I think it is plenty okay for fans to keep up on how players are performing after they leave Syracuse, sometimes it provides the needed reality check for fans to remind them that a coach of 46+ years might just know what he’s talking about when he tells a player what their best skill set is.

I don't necessarily agree. Some people have a lot of interest in former players. I wish Quincy and others great success in their future.

If it doesn’t matter to you how they do after they transfer, then this probably isn’t the thread for you. I think it is plenty okay for fans to keep up on how players are performing after they leave Syracuse, sometimes it provides the needed reality check for fans to remind them that a coach of 46+ years might just know what he’s talking about when he tells a player what their best skill set is.

What should be important is how we fill that void. It's a message board, if it's fun to chat about Q and Oregon, go for it. You say your part, I say mine, this big rock keeps spinning in the vast expanse of space and no one gets hurt.

Nothing about Quincy’s departure or how he’s played since has made sense to me.

He’s taking 4.5 3’s a game….he took 0.8 and 2.6 in his 2 years here. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’d probably be taking 4.5 a game here by his senior year.

He’s shooting 23% from 2 and not rebounding. Makes me wonder if he’s healthy? He was hobbled here that one year and it greatly affected his play for awhile. When healthy he was always a strong rebounder that could finish around the basket.

Nothing about Quincy’s departure or how he’s played since has made sense to me.

He’s taking 4.5 3’s a game….he took 0.8 and 2.6 in his 2 years here. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he’d probably be taking 4.5 a game here by his senior year.

He’s shooting 23% from 2 and not rebounding. Makes me wonder if he’s healthy? He was hobbled here that one year and it greatly affected his play for awhile. When healthy he was always a strong rebounder that could finish around the basket.

Maybe he was promised a certain way to play, took it... he's in the "find out" part of that choice.

To this team, my worry is a guy like Benny that just is taking way too many jump shots. Won't go too rogue, but I keep saying, players need reminding that you can try to be KD, but you probably won't be him.

There are legit ways to get to the league without being KD as a wing that guys should focus on. It's like the Warriors came through, everyone started shooting threes or going to the tin and guys coming into college ball thought they needed to be shooting 3-7 from three every night.

While he’s playing himself out of what was promising draft potential, the attraction to have a career at Syracuse as a forward is a shell of what it was.

We can all say now that he likely made the wrong decision.

While he’s playing himself out of what was promising draft potential, the attraction to have a career at Syracuse as a forward is a shell of what it was.

We can all say now that he likely made the wrong decision.
The wrong decision was probably going to Oregon vs playing abroad. Rather than coming back to Syracuse. He was never an NBA level player, imo.

The wrong decision was probably going to Oregon vs playing abroad. Rather than coming back to Syracuse. He was never an NBA level player, imo.
Oshae Brissett was never an NBA level player either.

Except for a few games his sophomore year, we pretty much never saw a healthy Quincy due to groin and other nagging issues.

His ceiling was much higher here and its easier to say that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom