Quincy | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
While he’s playing himself out of what was promising draft potential, the attraction to have a career at Syracuse as a forward is a shell of what it was.

We can all say now that he likely made the wrong decision.
Draft potential? Undersized PF who can’t shoot.
Oh wait, does Canada have a draft?

You can say what you want about Hurley, but he’s kicking our butt on the recruiting trail and on the court. He has a top twenty team that has potential to go far come March. He owns us in recruiting. He’s gotten every top player that we were involved with that he wanted..

Clingam looks pretty good. Runs well and has great hands. Active and stays engaged. It seemed our recruiting started to nosedive when we lost Jackson. He was supposed to be a lock to SU until UCONN went back to the Big East. First Jackson and the Akok and Clingam to the puppies. They are back to being ranked and relevant.
Some mitigating factors (mom’s death) in the big guy’s recruitment made UCONN a near lock from the jump.

He was projected a first rounder on most sites midway through his sophomore year.

Yeah...he seemed like a nice enough teammate and player, but I never understood the hype for a Paul Harris style player who did everything worse than Paul Harris at a time when the game had changed dramatically to the specific disadvantage of guys with that build and skillset.

You can say what you want about Hurley, but he’s kicking our butt on the recruiting trail and on the court. He has a top twenty team that has potential to go far come March. He owns us in recruiting. He’s gotten every top player that we were involved with that he wanted..
I don’t understand it at all how kids want to play for him, but they seem to like him.
We have zero recruits next year and Hurley pulled 5 4 stars ( actually Castle may be a 5 star ) or something ridiculous like that. It’s mind bottling. Double pain because this years Yukon team looks pretty strong. Hate it.

He was projected a first rounder on most sites midway through his sophomore year.
If I recall correctly, he wasn’t a projected first rounder by the end of the year and I think he likely would have continued to decline the longer he stayed in school as teams realized he just didn’t have an NBA skillset.

And couldn’t shoot
And? There is more than just “undersized and can’t shoot”, there are more factors, but I really don’t expect you to understand that with your simple brain.

If I recall correctly, he wasn’t a projected first rounder by the end of the year and I think he likely would have continued to decline the longer he stayed in school as teams realized he just didn’t have an NBA skillset.
I think his only shot to the league was to show he could shoot, he never would’ve had that chance here and for good reason. That said, not a dumb strategy to go somewhere they’ll let him shoot to give him a shot at the league even when he really can’t.

And? There is more than just “undersized and can’t shoot”, there are more factors, but I really don’t expect you to understand that with your simple brain.
First off, the person I was responding to only brought up being undersized and not being to able to shoot, sorry your “simple brain” couldn’t understand that.

Second, what is your obsession with personal attacks? Are you 12? Grow up. And don’t pretend like people didn’t see your homophonic high school bull shyt in the other thread.

He continuously aggravated injuries filling in on O and D as cuse’s big man because sidibe couldn’t be healthy, and marek was incapable of matching up with big men. Guerrier was a constant double double threat when healthy but fatigue set in.

Honestly the kid was a warrior for us and we would have been a better team had he stayed. He likely would have been better for it too

Would have been something to see him play along with a legitimate center.

And couldn’t shoot
He took a total of 20 3-pointers during his time at SU. Do you think that he was given the green light from JB to shoot from deep?

He's shooting 35.6% from 3-point range in the NBA...which is slightly worse than the 36.8% college clip put up by noted marksman JG3

He took a total of 20 3-pointers during his time at SU. Do you think that he was given the green light from JB to shoot from deep?

He's shooting 35.6% from 3-point range in the NBA...which is slightly worse than the 36.8% college clip put up by noted marksman JG3
Did you watch him shoot in college? His shot mechanics were terrible, which is why he didn’t shoot 3s. He developed that in the NBA

Hop left after the 2016-2017 season. Quincy didn’t arrive till the 2019-2020 season so I’m confused about any connection. I mean Quincy had 2 opportunities to play for Mike - initially when he committed to SU vs Washington in Mike’s 3rd season and for the 2021-2022 season after Quincy entered the portal. Unless I’m missing your point and you are assuming that if Mike had been still at SU, that he could have some how talked Guerrier from wanting to be a 3 point perimeter player to stay.
May be he meant Hop may have been able to talk him out of transferring.

The various Devo podcasts, many players admitted to Devo they strongly considered transferring (back when transferring meant sitting out one year), Hak, Pace, Dion, Scoop, MCW and more and the difference was usually Hop. Hop being the buffer and Hop talked them out of it. Dion said he packed his bag and was on his way to the greyhound or Amtrak station and Hop intercepted him at the station to bring him back.

My last sentence notes that possible assumption. Well Dana Altman told Quincy what he wanted to hear ,sure hope Hop wouldn’t have done the same. Kids back then also had to sit out a year if they left that isn’t true now nor when Quincy left.Loved Hop when he was here but the landscape has changed for both head and ass’t coaches.

Grant was one of the best athletes ever to play at SU. His form was good at the foul line and he worked his butt off to make himself an excellent shooter in the NBA. He was also a very smart player. His two handed block and catch against St. John’s was one of the best plays ever at SU. He’s a huge success story for SU. You might say he could be top 5 in the NBA coming out of SU.

Grant was one of the best athletes ever to play at SU. His form was good at the foul line and he worked his butt off to make himself an excellent shooter in the NBA. He was also a very smart player. His two handed block and catch against St. John’s was one of the best plays ever at SU. He’s a huge success story for SU. You might say he could be top 5 in the NBA coming out of SU.
After Melo, Bing, and Coleman, he’s gotta be in that next tier with Douglas, Seikaly, and Owens so he definitely could be in the top 5. Don’t think I’m forgetting anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom