Quincy | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oshae Brissett was never an NBA level player either.

Except for a few games his sophomore year, we pretty much never saw a healthy Quincy due to groin and other nagging issues.

His ceiling was much higher here and its easier to say that now.
Well its easier to say now because I said it at the time and have the receipts.

Don't see the comparaison with OB. Was always a physical talent for the NBA, Quincy is undersized. The question with OB was always finishing inside and his shot which obviously his time focusing 100% on his game did him wonders.

Our forward positions are a mess right now. Think Q would have helped there? I'm not saying we could have gotten him to stay or I would have wanted him to stay with him shooting 17 threes a game. Point is, it doesn't matter if he scores 4 or 40 ppg at his new place, what matters is the production that would have been had here and how did we replace it.

Think Q would still be in school here for 4 years? He wanted the NBA after year 2.

What should be important is how we fill that void. It's a message board, if it's fun to chat about Q and Oregon, go for it. You say your part, I say mine, this big rock keeps spinning in the vast expanse of space and no one gets hurt.
Truth

Quincy with another tough game last night in a tough ten-point loss to #3 Houston. In the first half, Quincy played 11 minutes, shot 0-5 and had one point and zero rebounds. He did have a little bit better second half, but not across the board. For the game, he played 31 minutes and had zero rebounds, zero assists, zero blocks, zero steals, four turnovers and four fouls. He did end up with 12 points on 2-11 shooting (1-7 from 3) and 7-9 from the FT line. I watched the first half, and he just isn't getting involved like he should be. I wish he still played for our team but how does a guy his size get zero rebounds in 32 minutes. You know something is not right with him.

Yeah don't know the whole story but such a shame he didn't stay. Then again would the same thing have happened here?
This thread is kind of cringey. 1) we are on a multi year downturn that culminated with a sub .500 season last year and a loss to Colgate this year (again) and 2) it doesn't matter what these kids do once they transfer from Syracuse to me (unless they can help the Knicks), what matters is how they would have helped *Syracuse* had they stayed and how we've backfilled that gap.

Our forward positions are a mess right now. Think Q would have helped there? I'm not saying we could have gotten him to stay or I would have wanted him to stay with him shooting 17 threes a game. Point is, it doesn't matter if he scores 4 or 40 ppg at his new place, what matters is the production that would have been had here and how did we replace it.

Its been a disappointing split for both he and us in terms of what possibly could have been. You could say the same for KR who again is struggling much more than expected.

Think Q would still be in school here for 4 years? He wanted the NBA after year 2.

No idea. Also don't really care. What he wants and what can happen are two totally different things. Maybe he dips his toe in the water and he gets a report back that he's a long shot and stays? Maybe he goes to Europe to play? Who knows.

Again, my biggest issue isn't Q - he can do what he wants. It's how we back fill that forward void that occurs when he leaves, ya know? Again, unless these guys that leave can help the Knicks, my worry is about the gap left behind.

This thread is kind of cringey. 1) we are on a multi year downturn that culminated with a sub .500 season last year and a loss to Colgate this year (again) and 2) it doesn't matter what these kids do once they transfer from Syracuse to me (unless they can help the Knicks), what matters is how they would have helped *Syracuse* had they stayed and how we've backfilled that gap.

I think Woody is the guy who might have helped us the most.

I think Woody is the guy who might have helped us the most.

I liked Woody's potential (and production) when he was here, but...

He really hasn't done much, at all, for Okie Lite in his career there to date.

This year, he's appeared in ONE of their FIVE games played.
Last year, appearing in a whopping 17 games, all of his stats went DOWN as compared to what he compiled here in the 11 games he played in (during the CF that was the Covid season)
% from field, 3, and FG's all nosedived last season.

He had more points & rebounds in 11 games here, than in 17 there.

He's basically the G/F version of JBA now.

Last year, appearing in a whopping 17 games, all of his stats went DOWN as compared to what he compiled here in the 11 games he played in (during the CF that was the Covid season)

One thing about Woody ( neutral to his impact) is that his dad passed after the first game he played and he hasn't played since then.

Not disputing the numbers -- but Woody's father passed away unexpectedly like a week-and-a-half ago. I think that probably accounts for his absence in the early games this year.

Just FYI.

Not disputing the numbers -- but Woody's father passed away unexpectedly like a week-and-a-half ago. I think that probably accounts for his absence in the early games this year.

Just FYI.

Thx Zoo and RF. Yeah, I forgot all about that.

Poor kid. Feel awful for him.
Woody was the spitting image of his Pops, and obviously was very close to him.

OK - so, the jury is clearly still out for this season, but last year was last year.
And, it wasn't pretty.

While he’s playing himself out of what was promising draft potential, the attraction to have a career at Syracuse as a forward is a shell of what it was.

We can all say now that he likely made the wrong decision.
Meh. He woulda never beat out JB2! :)

As a general point, I think sometimes players are simply a better “fit” at one school vs another.
Case in point, I’ve always felt that Paul Harris would’ve been all-OBE if he played at Pitt. Similarly, Woody, Kadary, and QC would’ve been future great fits in our system, if they’d chosen to stay. In our microwave society and w/ the portal being available, kids don’t feel like they should have to wait a coupla years, develop, and emerge as a more finished product. Couple that with having to deal w/ an ornery cuss in HCJB, and many took the option of starting fresh elsewhere.
The best thing about experience is it offers lessons. The worst thing about experience is that those lessons are in hindsight. JMHO

Oregon is playing "that team from CT" tonight.

Looks like Quincy fouled out after 15 minutes.

Clingam looks pretty good. Runs well and has great hands. Active and stays engaged. It seemed our recruiting started to nosedive when we lost Jackson. He was supposed to be a lock to SU until UCONN went back to the Big East. First Jackson and the Akok and Clingam to the puppies. They are back to being ranked and relevant.

Clingam looks pretty good. Runs well and has great hands. Active and stays engaged. It seemed our recruiting started to nosedive when we lost Jackson. He was supposed to be a lock to SU until UCONN went back to the Big East. First Jackson and the Akok and Clingam to the puppies. They are back to being ranked and relevant.
Greatly dislike this post for many reasons, but it’s true.

Maybe he was promised a certain way to play, took it... he's in the "find out" part of that choice.

To this team, my worry is a guy like Benny that just is taking way too many jump shots. Won't go too rogue, but I keep saying, players need reminding that you can try to be KD, but you probably won't be him.

There are legit ways to get to the league without being KD as a wing that guys should focus on. It's like the Warriors came through, everyone started shooting threes or going to the tin and guys coming into college ball thought they needed to be shooting 3-7 from three every night.
Guys should be watching Iguadala and Draymond, not KD.

This is another situation where losing Hop made a huge difference to the program.
Hop left after the 2016-2017 season. Quincy didn’t arrive till the 2019-2020 season so I’m confused about any connection. I mean Quincy had 2 opportunities to play for Mike - initially when he committed to SU vs Washington in Mike’s 3rd season and for the 2021-2022 season after Quincy entered the portal. Unless I’m missing your point and you are assuming that if Mike had been still at SU, that he could have some how talked Guerrier from wanting to be a 3 point perimeter player to stay.

You know something is not right with him.

He is a cautionary tail of what can happen when you try and showcase for the NBA. He is far less appealing to the NBA now than he was when he left SU by pretending to be something he’s not.

It’s unfortunate because he and SU would have both benefited greatly by him sticking around. I hope he figures it out and gets a shot at the pros

Last edited:
Maybe he should just get a tattoo on his wrist that says something like "Act Normal".
Yes that’s great because they are winning easy right now. Let’s see if he remembers to behave when games get heated. Let’s also see if he can avoid getting wound so tightly that his team chokes miserably in a first round tournament game again. Cuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom