Quint's Top 20: Focus on the Journey | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Focus on the Journey

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1. Syracuse Otto had the weekend off. Owning wins over Siena, Albany, Virginia, St. John's, Johns Hopkins, Duke and Notre Dame is the recipe for a top ranking. Let's see how long it lasts.

On a chilly Wednesday night in Geneva, N.Y., Syracuse had their bus egged and rowdy Hobart fans chanted nasty insults. I love the passion, but let's be careful not to cross the line. Friends don't let friends egg the bus.

The 17-11 Orange win sent those hooligans home unhappy. This has become a one-way rivalry. Hobart's top shooters went 5 for 40 while SU's Nate Solomon and red-hot Nick Mariano scored four goals each. Goalie Evan Molloy made 17 saves. SU's EMO was 5-for-5. SU blew open a 9-7 lead with a 4-1 run. #HeadHeartHustle are at North Carolina on April 15 in a rare natural grass game for Otto.

Quint's Top 20: Focus on the Journey

Quint almost said something nice...nah. He is right on two points the wins we are worthy of a #1 ranking; and questioning how long the ranking lasts.

His comment on the natural grass issue may be moot, if I recall, SU has some natural grass fields for practice when preparing for opponents on grass.

Quint almost said something nice...nah. He is right on two points the wins we are worthy of a #1 ranking; and questioning how long the ranking lasts.

His comment on the natural grass issue may be moot, if I recall, SU has some natural grass fields for practice when preparing for opponents on grass.
Can you ever really prepare for opponents on grass? They are so unpredictable. But, mostly hungry.