R.I.P. UConn Football | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

R.I.P. UConn Football

Tweeted after linking the article above that essentially essentially has him collecting his buyout in a year or two.

Scumbo.
Honestly the guy is such trash.
He cheats the state laws to get his son on the staff.
He screwed the program when he left them in the middle of the night for Maryland.
Then crawled back because he wasn’t getting any other job.
The guy is lucky he got another couple million out of UConn and should shut up but can’t.
We are lucky we didn’t hire him.

I see Randy Edsall moving to Alabama and will be one of the 173 extra staffers for Saban in a year or two.
If he doesn’t care about money and wants a crack back into coaching that is the route to go.
Saban basically uses his name to get these fired coaches on buyouts to do all extra film study and use them for that.
Then because his staff is raided each year has people ready to takeover.
It’s smart by Saban he pays those guys peanuts.

Fitting, since The Rent is dirtier, and has less charm, than the bottom of the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese.

I thought Connecticut's faculties were supposed to be 'way better' than ours. At least that's what was said in one of those endless threads we used to have about facilities.

I thought Connecticut's faculties were supposed to be 'way better' than ours. At least that's what was said in one of those endless threads we used to have about facilities.
They were better for about 5 years...then TGD spent some $$$

zo9u8m.jpg

H/T: CardinalJim

Last edited:
Athlon Sports coaches rankings

104. Randy Edsall, UConn
The Huskies have struggled in Edsall’s second act in Storrs. UConn is only 4-20 over the last two years and a deeper look at the team’s performance in 2018 shows just how far this program needs to come to be competitive in the AAC. The Huskies surrendered 50.4 points and 617.4 yards a game – both records at the FBS level – and averaged only 22.2 points a game. Edsall and his staff are building with youth, so there could be some noticeable progress by the end of 2019. While progress has been hard to find in Edsall’s second stint, he previously went 74-70 with the program from 1999-2010 and 22-34 at Maryland from 2011-15.

An independent in football is like a NASCAR racer who is not part of the 'pack', which motors on my him because they work together to burrow a hole in the air for all of them to go through.

View attachment 167063
You don't run restrictor plates at Bristol and you don't bring your Glen car to the Poconos.
UConn football always running the wrong race.

If there are not takers after a few years then it may need to be euthanized.

Usually the first step for a homeless dog is to spay or neuter it.

Just sayin'

Our 2018 season was better than anything UConn has ever done. If you've never played big time football is it possible for big time football to be dead?

UConn, paying money to the AAC to get less money from the Big East.

It’s kind of mind blowing. The economics may very well work out in total. The BE TV deal pays about $3 million less than the AAC’s new deal. But travel costs will be reduced. And I’m sure UConn is banking on men’s hoops attendance improving, along with alumni donations. Still.

It’s kind of mind blowing. The economics may very well work out in total. The BE TV deal pays about $3 million less than the AAC’s new deal. But travel costs will be reduced. And I’m sure UConn is banking on men’s hoops attendance improving, along with alumni donations. Still.
Plus, they are all convinced over at the BY that Fox is going to "help" their football program along and nurture it until it blooms.

Plus, they are all convinced over at the BY that Fox is going to "help" their football program along and nurture it until it blooms.

Friday Night games on FS2?

Yep. They were knocked on their keister for 48 hours following the Big East news but the football fanatics on that board are all chippy again. One guy is even saying he can see the football product alone bringing in 12-15 million between Fox and SNY. Delusional hardly begins to describe some of those "people."

The TV deal probably isn’t $3 MM less. These deals are back loaded. The BE is halfway through their deal, so the payments to go are X>$4.16 MM, and the AAC is just starting, so the payments for the same period as the BE deal are on average X<$7 MM.

I don’t know the exact structure, so there’s no way of knowing how big the gap is, if there is one at all.

PLUS, UConn can now keep ALL of their football TV revenue, so they’d be ahead from a TV perspective, even if conference payouts are equal.

Then there the softer benefits of being in the BE, like basketball attendance, travel, etc.