Rak | Syracusefan.com

Rak

Orange Barrel

2nd String
I enjoyed Donna's Q & A with Rak for the most part this morning, especially this when asked about being more aggressive:

Christmas:
Just get the ball when I'm in the post, being more assertive, not fading away from the basket, just going toward the basket. When I get the ball at the top of the key, just try to find an angle to go straight to the rim.

I'm looking forward to seeing that. Rak has all the tools to dominate.

On the other hand, I thought this was pretty low brow of Donna when asking about his past role:

Q: What was it like during the deepest, darkest depths of those critical practices and games?

Q:
Is it demoralizing, dehumanizing? How tough is it?

Ok, ask how tough it is. That's fine. But demoralizing? Dehumanizing? Deepest, darkest depths? Yikes. Troll much, Donna? Thanks for not taking the bait Rak. I left a comment about this on their site, but it was taken down in favor of a pat on the back from Axe.

I thought the "dehumanizing" part was a little strange as well. Coaches yell at players. They have for 150 years of college athletics and always will. Get over it.

I liked this part:

Q: Do you identify with the island culture?

Christmas: Last time I got back there, I didn't like seeing the way they were living. It was like watching a movie. My grandmother was in this really old hospital. People had outhouses. You had to go down to the river to wash your clothes. If I ever do make it, I want to give back to my family, help them out down there.

Guy has a big heart.

Words matter.

At the Sub-Standard, the talent doesn't seem to understand this.

Dehumanizing is so far from the appropriate word choice, I was shaking my head at that. Poor job by the writer, terrible job by the editor (though it's likely that those two positions are filled by the same person).

Words matter.

Dehumanizing is so far from the appropriate word choice, I was shaking my head at that. Poor job by the writer, terrible job by the editor (though it's likely that those two positions are filled by the same person).

Last night I posted a thread about the wording in the title of Donna's article, and was informed you can't call it a title, but have to refer to it as a headline? What the...

Then I was told writers don't ever come up with their own titles. Here, rather than recap it you can see the lessons I learned by poking fun at the wording associated with Donna: http://syracusefan.com/threads/jim-...o-talk-prostate-cancer-bleeding-orange.82791/

Words matter.

Let's focus on the great job his aunt did raising him when his mom passed away young. And where is the important info like that his aunt won the Mrs. Pennsylvania title this year. I like Donna but let's focus on what is most important.
267577995.jpg
upload_2014-11-13_11-20-13.jpeg

Last edited:
Let's focus on the great job his aunt did raising him when his mom passed away young. And where is the important info like that his aunt won the Mrs. Pennsylvania title this year. I like Donna but that was poor writing.
267577995.jpg
View attachment 29980

He had an excellent response to one of the questions, talking about looking after kids and having had a great life - "I lived on an island" or something like that.

Rakeem's a good one.

He had an excellent response to one of the questions, talking about looking after kids and having had a great life - "I lived on an island" or something like that.

Rakeem's a good one.
I think he also said that it's very rewarding to put a smile on their face. Exactly why I enjoy the company of children an elderly folks. I just like making them smile.

Sorry to seem shallow but I've said it before and I say it again. She is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally easy on the eyes!

No worries, I myself was thinking if my Aunt looked like that . . . . . well you know. Very good article although I don't think being yelled at or not being able to contribute on the court for a bball team should ever be attached to the would dehumanizing. Things that are dehumanizing are generally atrocious mistreatments of individuals or specific groups of people from my perspective.

I think Donna has felt dehumanized by JB. Probably just projection. I like Donna a lot. Ooooh, and I like JB, too. Ooh, ooh, and Christmas as well! Also, the holiday.

I just am in love with the world.

I think Donna has felt dehumanized by JB. Probably just projection. I like Donna a lot. Ooooh, and I like JB, too. Ooh, ooh, and Christmas as well! Also, the holiday.

I just am in love with the world.
Right back atcha, beadle! Love.

Su
Words matter.

the sub-standard and talent: 2 words I never thought would be used in conjunction.

I know it may never wind up on the stat sheets, but I'll always believe Rak is one of the most gifted big men we've had at Syracuse in a very long time. Athletic, and surprisingly skilled. I mean, the dude is just so smooth in his motions, from how he runs the floor to the mechanics of his jumper.

He's got a really smooth stroke for a big guy. I'm hoping he can put everything together this year and become an NBA power forward. I really think he's got the skill set, as long as it actually does come together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom