Random hypothetical: 2018 Bama vs 2001 Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Random hypothetical: 2018 Bama vs 2001 Miami

i am not that convinced Tua is all that great.. sure he throws well to wide open guys..

WHAT? Have you watched a Bama game THIS year? Or just tuned in to highlights on a weekly basis? Second coming of Steve Young
... no joke...

watched almost every game he has played. he so seldom has to make throws into small windows or make any progression reads who knows how he will do. i do see a guy who makes bad decisions a lot the few times he is under pressure.

Good point and I understand what you are saying. One explanation that has been thrown around year to year is the overrating of the SEC teams. I believe MSU was their other challenging SEC game. Other than those 3 games its been a cruise for Bama.

Clemson played two teams this year who finished ranked and was taken to the absolute wire by both of them. In recent years I agree SEC was overrated outside of Bama but this year I think they've separated themselves as a conference from everyone else. ACC is horrible this year which gives me some pause on how good Clemson actually is.

Miami. More future NFL HOFers on that team than Alabama.

I just wonder about the 17 year difference. Athletes are getting bigger and stronger. And 17 years seems like a long time to me. plus, we don't know what these Bama players are going to be thought of in 10 years like we know about the Miami players. Alabama might have three all-pros on the bench right now that someday we will say, can you believe those guys didn't start for Bama back in '18?
I think if you look at measurables they match up fine.

Clemson played two teams this year who finished ranked and was taken to the absolute wire by both of them. In recent years I agree SEC was overrated outside of Bama but this year I think they've separated themselves as a conference from everyone else. ACC is horrible this year which gives me some pause on how good Clemson actually is.

I agree about the ACC being down but the SEC has been down for a few years now. Clemsons win @ TAM is underated. That team is gonna explode next year and thats one of the toughest road tests in CFB.

For what it's worth, I still think the 16-0 2007 Patriots are the greatest team ever even though they didn't win it all. I don't think any other team would be favored against them.
That’s just because the Pats didn’t have to play a Dino Barber’s Syracuse squad.

Neutral field, what would you set as the point spread in this game and why?
Alabama -42...

I figure Alabama is about 4 TDs better than us and, if you don’t know how that makes Alabama 42 points better than Miami, then you were not on the board in 2001 and you need to be a member of the pay side to get an explanation.

I agree about the ACC being down but the SEC has been down for a few years now. Clemsons win @ TAM is underated. That team is gonna explode next year and thats one of the toughest road tests in CFB.

ACC has been right there or a little better than the SEC as a whole in past years but this year I think there's a pretty substantial gap between the two. SEC is really good this year evidenced by their strong non-conference record against other P5's this season. ACC showed terrible in similar match ups.

I'm with you on the A&M win being a good win. That's a pretty good team and a tough place to play. That A&M team was 5-3 in conference play this year though which I think speaks to the strength of the SEC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom