Rank prediction thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rank prediction thread

I go with 19-21 and prefer as much. Good to get back on the radar but a long ways to go and keep the bacon dangling in front.

My first thought was 15th and after reading other predictions, I am sticking with 15. Seems about right.

In 2009 we jumped into the top 10 after beating Cal and UNC. I think 19 Monday.

We beat 18 and 25. We'll probably come in around 20th, depends on how many other teams are still undefeated.

very surprised if we are inside the top 20. It just doesnt work that way. I will go #22

Yes, it does work that way in November as the first poll is not based on any actual results. There is no chance they will be only in the 20's after starting 6-0 and beating 2 very good ranked teams (and Texas A&M is actually better than their 25 ranking after beating a really good Gonzaga team). Should be around 15 /16, so if I can only pick one I'll go with 15.

It doesn't matter this early. For the coaches/players, let's keep a little disrespectful motivation. #25 going into two big games vs Wisconsin and G'town.

I'm going with #17 behind Purdue but ahead of Miami and ND who both lost. And Gonzaga will be ranked higher than us with 1 loss.

P.S. First time this season I actually looked at rankings! What fun!

Last edited:
Many teams have lost this week -- many to not so great opponents. Assuming no further surprises this weekend:

Current Top 25 Teams they Should Jumped (8 Teams)
#25 - Texas AM (We beat them)
#24 - Cincy (No losses but all cupcakes)
#22 - LSU (2 Losses This Week)
#21 - Oregon (See Cincy)
#20 - Wichita (2 Losses)
#18 - UConn (2 Losses)
#17 - Notre Dame (Lost to Monmouth)
#15 - Miami (Lost to Northeastern)
#14 - Cal (2 losses)
#13 - Indiana (2 losses)
#11 - Arizona (Lost to Santa Clara)

Likely Jumped (2 Teams)
#24 - Cincy (No losses but all cupcakes)
#21 - Oregon (See Cincy)

Maybe Jump
#19 - Vanderbilt (Only Loss to Kansas)

Doubt that we Jump:
#23 - Xavier (Undefeated and Assuming they win Tounrey this week)
#16 - Purdue (Stay Undefeated)
#10 -Gonzaga (Lost to a good Team, and hard to take a big fall from the Top 10)

Then we need to consider teams with votes outside of the top 26 who had really good weeks:
None of them had a last week -- Dayton could potentially beat Xavier and Iowa ... but if they beat Xavier we probably jump them.

So for sure #17 as of today (Pass 8 Teams), before we get to the weekend, and possibly as high as 14 as of today.

We can get a few more spots depending on what happens this weekend - but I don't see many upsets in those games.

EDIT - As corrected by POPPY

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom