Rank the following wide receivers... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rank the following wide receivers...

There is not a chance in hell Desean Jackson/Larry Fitz are better than Dez Bryant. Calvin and Dez are 1A and 1B.

Give Desean Jackson or Larry Fitzgerald a quarterback like Tony Romo (who is actually pretty damn good) and they put up similar or better numbers.

Keep in mind Fitz has had to deal with a combo of Kolb/Flynn and Palmer etc since Kurt Warner...

Jackson's dealt with Michael Vick who I don't think has ever had over 20 or 25 passing td's.

Give Desean Jackson or Larry Fitzgerald a quarterback like Tony Romo (who is actually pretty damn good) and they put up similar or better numbers.

Keep in mind Fitz has had to deal with a combo of Kolb/Flynn and Palmer etc since Kurt Warner...

Jackson's dealt with Michael Vick who I don't think has ever had over 20 or 25 passing td's.
well in real life you can't just "give them a qb" so you're ranking them on some absurd idea you have in your mind.

well in real life you can't just "give them a qb" so you're ranking them on some absurd idea you have in your mind.

Or I'm ranking them based on their talent, be it taken advantage of or not?

Just because Wes Welker puts up better numbers than Brandon Marshall, doesn't mean he's a more talented receiver.

You were all talking about if you had to pick a receiver for one game.. yada yada. Well that's my list of choices from one to ten.

Or I'm ranking them based on their talent, be it taken advantage of or not?

Just because Wes Welker puts up better numbers than Brandon Marshall, doesn't mean he's a more talented receiver.

You were all talking about if you had to pick a receiver for one game.. yada yada. Well that's my list of choices from one to ten.
Didn't say Welker, I said Dez.

Does that mean Dan Marino isn't worth ranking amongst all-time QBs, or Stockton/Malone amongst NBA greats?

I have bias against Moss since he quit on my Raiders.

One game? With his head on straight , it's Randy Moss. No one could dominate one game like him.

Two games or more? Jerry Rice.

Here are Moss' stats in conference title games and super bowls

1998 NFC championship 6/75 1 TD
2000 NFC championship 2/18
SB XLII 5/62 1 TD
SB XLVIII 2/41

Based on that and my overall hatred for him I can't rank him in a Mt. Rushmore of WR's. His best playoff game was vs. the greatest show on turf in the 1999 divisional round. 9/188 and 2 TDs.

Randy Moss Career Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Larry Fitzgerald is the most underrated wide out in the league. He'd be with the likes of Steve Smith, Andre and Calvin Johnson, reggie wayne ETC.

If he just had some semblance of an OL in his career!
Fixed it for you. The OLs in AZ have never been able to give Larry time to effectively run a route.

To this day I'd still take Herman Moore over TO and Moss. Guy broke a ton of records with Rodney Peete and Erik Kramer throwing him the ball behind no offensive line, and Barry Sanders being the focal point of the offense. But Rice > All.

I'd also take Harrison, Monk, Carter and Reed over TO/Moss too.

Maybe in different ways I suppose. I don't claim to know enough about Mackey. I'm going by what other HOF's said as well as having seen almost every game he played in and half of them in person. When he retired, he was widely considered the best TE in NFL history.
By all accounts, Mackey revolutionized the position, the first TE that was considered a pass catching weapon. Everyone after him has evolutionized the position, and some of that is attributable to the evolution of passing attacks over the last 40 years.

Rob Moore
Marvin Harrison
Quadry Ismail
Mike Williams
Rob carpenter
Shelby hill.

Michael Irvin
Lance Alworth
Drew Pearson

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2