Rankings Gripe..... | Syracusefan.com

Rankings Gripe.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
OK, we are at #2. Frankly, I will only care about being #1 come April, other than that anywhere in the Top 10 suits me fine and dandy. In many respects I would rather be the hunter......

Now, I do admit that I have not yet bothered to watch an Arizona game, but that is on my near term bucket list. So, I do not have any real basis for formulating an opinion that they are particularly better or worse than us.

My issue, is not the fact that they are #1 at this point in time, but by the magnitude of their margin. They are so close to unanimous other than a few scattered votes here or there for us and OSU.

Are they that much of a super team ? Hard to imagine that their schedule has been much tougher than ours since we have Maui plus two Top 10 wins against otherwise undefeated foes. Of ocurse, they have had some high profile wins against big name teams as opposed to against otherwise undefeated teams - LOL !!

I guess it is just the herd mentality, somebody has anointed them numero uno and there they will stay until they lose one. The voters can't seem to think for themselves. Maybe they should be #1, but I would think that perhaps there should be more symmetry in the polls.

"I guess it is just the herd mentality, somebody has anointed them numero uno and there they will stay until they lose one."

Seems like you already knew the answer. If a team is number one and didn't lose they won't be leap frogged. It would be nice to get a few more number 1 votes, but until they lose it doesn't really matter.

Not sure why people are so fixated on the margin of votes. It could be one or 100 but Zona won't lose the top spot unless they lose.

It is very simple. Arizona was several notches above of us in the preseason poll - and the voters have kept them there. This is why the otherwise irrelevant preseason polls matter.

OK, we are at #2. Frankly, I will only care about being #1 come April, other than that anywhere in the Top 10 suits me fine and dandy. In many respects I would rather be the hunter...

Now, I do admit that I have not yet bothered to watch an Arizona game, but that is on my near term bucket list. So, I do not have any real basis for formulating an opinion that they are particularly better or worse than us.

My issue, is not the fact that they are #1 at this point in time, but by the magnitude of their margin. They are so close to unanimous other than a few scattered votes here or there for us and OSU.

Are they that much of a super team ? Hard to imagine that their schedule has been much tougher than ours since we have Maui plus two Top 10 wins against otherwise undefeated foes. Of ocurse, they have had some high profile wins against big name teams as opposed to against otherwise undefeated teams - LOL !!

I guess it is just the herd mentality, somebody has anointed them numero uno and there they will stay until they lose one. The voters can't seem to think for themselves. Maybe they should be #1, but I would think that perhaps there should be more symmetry in the polls.

They are the only team to beat San Diego State and they beat them on the road. They beat Michigan on the road and Duke in MSG which Duke's 2nd homecourt. Arizona is worthy of the number 1 ranking. I don't have a problem being #2. The margin is because of preseason rankings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom