Rate the Early Signing Class... | Syracusefan.com

Rate the Early Signing Class...

corpjet

Board Prophet
I would give the class a B-, no Sampson and no RB's....whats your grade?

A

Top qb prospect on our board committed
2 of top 5 NYS athletes signed.
Several linebackers with good measurables
DB’s that wont look like smurfs against FSU/Miami
Wide Receivers that’ll put us back in the top 25
Solid OL recruits, including the empire state building

Just need some dlinemen/de’s and we’re chillin. No reason to believe the rb’s arent signing in feb.

I'll go A
All signs point to the 2 RBs will sign with us
This staff knows how to close out and I'm sure we will knock out the last few spots with kids in positions of need

Not going to get upset about only signing 3 of 4 four stars, I think we’ll somehow manage.

The Sampson decommitment is a big disappointment and dropped this early signing group from an A to a B+ (with the addition of Chance Amie). I'm not worried yet about our two RB verbals from what the veterans on the recruiting sub-forum are saying. I think we'll be okay -- actually more than okay -- come February.

B+

Trill Williams may have been the gem of the class even if Sampson had signed.
Hendrix seems like a player.
Lots of good athletes who will benefit from a redshirt year. Hopefully, we have the depth to do it.

A

Top qb prospect on our board committed
2 of top 5 NYS athletes signed.
Several linebackers with good measurables
DB’s that wont look like smurfs against FSU/Miami
Wide Receivers that’ll put us back in the top 25
Solid OL recruits, including the empire state building

Just need some dlinemen/de’s and we’re chillin. No reason to believe the rb’s arent signing in feb.

This. It's an A from me as well

fonzie-ayyy-79950717427.jpeg

Also - I'm relieved there were no (apparent) losses related to Sean Lewis' departure.

247Sports has SU rated #45 in a virtual tie with Duke and ahead of Pitt, UVA, GT, WF & BC. That's a major improvement.

Needs:
1. Sampson - although the probability is low as the star power programs will now be all over him like flypaper.
2. The two RBs. We all saw what a really good RB can do for an offense like BC's otherwise piece of crap.
3. Need some DLs, particularly DEs. Always need DLs.

If we're grading on a curve and comparing this class to past classes, I think Dino this year gets a solid A- to A even without Sampson

247Sports has SU rated #45 in a virtual tie with Duke and ahead of Pitt, UVA, GT, WF & BC. That's a major improvement.

Needs:
1. Sampson - although the probability is low as the star power programs will now be all over him like flypaper.
2. The two RBs. We all saw what a really good RB can do for an offense like BC's otherwise piece of crap.
3. Need some DLs, particularly DEs. Always need DLs.

Sampson is not coming here. Zero chance

For who we got yesterday i’m still at an A.

Hendrix
White
Williams

Three 4 stars.

How many four stars have we gotten and kept past signing day in the past 5 years combined?

Also two of these were home grown products. Imagine the stiffies this board would have popped if HCSS rallied and kept a 4 star like Trill or Qadir in state instead of letting them slip to the B1G

Are we rating this as far as college football programs go, or rating this compared to past Syracuse recruiting classes? For an SU class, so far I'd give it a B+. Compared to other college football classes, at the moment it's probably a B, B-.

I'd give it a B right now. If we get the 2 RBs in February, then I'll bump it up to a B+. Sampson prevents it from being an A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom