Ravian Pierce Injury | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ravian Pierce Injury

This was Babers' full quote:

"He's got an upper-body injury and he's going to be out for a while," Babers said. "It's really kind of disappointing, it kind of snuck up on us. He's such a tough guy. We don't know exactly when it happened."

For those debating football injury versus non-football injury, talk about reading a quote that might support either theory.

This was Babers' full quote:

"He's got an upper-body injury and he's going to be out for a while," Babers said. "It's really kind of disappointing, it kind of snuck up on us. He's such a tough guy. We don't know exactly when it happened."

For those debating football injury versus non-football injury, talk about reading a quote that might support either theory.

I really really hate to speculate but could it be a concussion/TBI based upon the quotes “it snuck up on us” and “We don’t know exactly when it happened”?

I really really hate to speculate but could it be a concussion/TBI based upon the quotes “it snuck up on us” and “We don’t know exactly when it happened”?
And no one on here knows exactly what happened either. Just because he didn't come off the field injured doesn't mean the injury didn't happen on the field. Fwiw, from what I hear his injury wasn't from anything off field.
More like the realization something was wrong occurred afterwards. I was told he will probably be out somewhere in the 4-6 week range.

Just a random note, but remember how the majority of people thought Gabe Horan would grow into a tackle? I honestly was praying he stayed as a TE after watching his HS tape. It is clear that he will stay at TE. He is a perfect sized tight end for ACC ball. Good hands and runs well, I am very excited to have him for four years. He will be a great addition to this offense. What I’m trying to say is I think we will be okay without Ravian. But I sure wish he was healthy, he is a beast.

Just a random note, but remember how the majority of people thought Gabe Horan would grow into a tackle? I honestly was praying he stayed as a TE after watching his HS tape. It is clear that he will stay at TE. He is a perfect sized tight end for ACC ball. Good hands and runs well, I am very excited to have him for four years. He will be a great addition to this offense. What I’m trying to say is I think we will be okay without Ravian. But I sure wish he was healthy, he is a beast.
The awareness and body control to spin away from the tackle and blindly extend over the goal line was impressive. Those are the little instinctual things you can't teach. I think Horan is going to be a dangerous player when he develops a little bit.

Right, you hate to speculate, yet that's exactly what you did and on an internet forum.

the plays that Pierce made for TDs i pretty much think all the TEs could handle or I at least hope so.. fake block, run 3 yds, turn catch, Pretty sure Elmore do do that.

Non existent? First, he blocks well. Second, he has 2 tds in 3 games and is a threat on the goal line. He hasnt gotten a ton of yards but saying non existent is hyperbole.

yes nonexistent, he is a walking penalty and has not been involved in the offense "hardly" at all. True he has 2 TDs in 3 games, he also averages 2 catches and 18yrds a game, so not sure I would call that hyperbole. I am a fan of his, just not sure he is a difference maker on offense. I think he has been penalized more yards than he has produced.

He is a great blocking tight end. Good technique and hates to lose which gives him his edge.

pretty easy one to confirm. dont they usually wire a jaw shut for short amount of time?

Im not a doctor, but i assume you can have a fractured jaw that doesnt require a wire. Similar to how you can havw a broken arm and not necessarily need a hard cast.

Standing on the sideline allowing a player to run into him sans helmet? Possible broken jaw? Hmmm... maybe? Perhaps?

Hope he heals soon and can be back on the field for his senior year ASAP. Now, it's time for the back ups to show what they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom