Ravian Pierce is a Mad Dog | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ravian Pierce is a Mad Dog

Hyperbole aside he is a good TE that blocks, has speed and can catch the ball...I like that in a TE. Never have anyone here said he is one of the best in college football or the like. He has his faults with foolish penaltys and fumbles no doubt, he ain't perfect by no means but he has a lot to offer this team and the point of this thread was his whole game, which can wonderful and maddening.

Babers praises his blocking ability

Every team has a few. It’s football not chess and I’m sure he will get a couple of personal fouls and people will cry to the high heavens as if it cost us something huge but whatever it’s football and it happens and there will be another one after him.

I think booted is a bit ridiculous. Geeze

Did you want MCNabb booted when he saluted army? You probably did.

Devendorf?
When did they get numerous personal fouls for late hits?

Every team has a few. It’s football not chess and I’m sure he will get a couple of personal fouls and people will cry to the high heavens as if it cost us something huge but whatever it’s football and it happens and there will be another one after him.

I think booted is a bit ridiculous. Geeze

Did you want MCNabb booted when he saluted army? You probably did.

Devendorf?

There’s a pretty big difference between taunting the crowd after a TD, and plotting out a cheapshot on a player on the sidelines. That was a real scrubby move by Pierce. We’re lucky it didn’t escalate, and also that FSU committed a dumb personal foul on the same play. I don’t know if much of FSU initially realized that it was intentional.

Last edited:
When did they get numerous personal fouls for late hits?

If anything Devo got in the heads of opponents and made them get out of control trying to get in personal battles.

Devo was one of those guys who could run his mouth nonstop while remaining focused on playing the game. He wasn’t out of control, trying to fight guys.

Get a grip

That is what we need Pierce to do. Get a grip.

It’s one thing to commit penalties on the field. It’s a whole different thing to commit them on the sidelines.

He’s lucky he wasn’t ejected for his sideline penalty because that was blatantly dirty and he’s lucky the coach grabbed him just in the nick of time the first time he tried to go after someone on the sideline. He’s gotta quit that stuff.

If anything Devo got in the heads of opponents and made them get out of control trying to get in personal battles.

Devo was one of those guys who could run his mouth nonstop while remaining focused on playing the game. He wasn’t out of control, trying to fight guys.

For all the crap he got, Devendorf was just a HOF trash talker. Nothing dirty about his game.

I'm still waiting for some mad numbers.

Ravian Pierce

as good as this guy was supposed to be, I'd like to see 50 catches this year. He's got a ways to go.

Last edited:
Didn’t Marvin Graves throw a football at a WVU players head? Lol.

Pierce is the beloved family Pit Bull.

Yes Marvin did throw that football - only once though :)

There’s a pretty big difference between taunting the crowd after a TD, and plotting out a cheapshot on a player on the sidelines. That was a real scrubby move by Pierce. We’re lucky it didn’t escalate, and also that FSU committed a dumb personal foul on the same play. I don’t know if much of FSU initially realized that it was intentional.

Standing in the white on the sideline and waiting for contact is bush league and stupid. If FSU didnt counter it with their own 15 there would be more talk. He doesn't exacrly light up the stat sheet to warrant this tude. Yea, he blocks well, so does every TE in cfb.

Pierce needs to take his emotion to the next level and channel it a bit. I’m always expecting him to mouth off or hit someone after a play or otherwise jeopardize us in some way with his fervor. Good lesson in personal leadership if he’s willing to accept it.

Yes Marvin did throw that football - only once though :)

Ha. Once, and it was in the heat of the moment after he just took a cheap shot. We’d remember it much differently if he got ejected. But even still...

Pierce wasn’t reacting to being cheapshotted, he went out of his way to deliver one, for no apparent reason.

Earlier in the game when a hit out of bounds by FSU on a SU running back, Pierce can be seen rushing towards the scuffling and was horse collared by an assistant. Again Pierce was not in the game there also. Energy is one thing but a disregard to the rules of the game is definitely of concern.

Earlier in the game when a hit out of bounds by FSU on a SU running back, Pierce can be seen rushing towards the scuffling and was horse collared by an assistant. Again Pierce was not in the game there also. Energy is one thing but a disregard to the rules of the game is definitely of concern.

Edinger was basically playing him man to man every play making sure he stayed in the game. SE is a super doorman;)

He was grabbed by three assistants on that play if I'm not mistaken. He probably should've been flagged for that as well. Didn't we go through this a few years back with an offensive tackle? Passion is one thing, but stupidity is another.

For the record, Devo is my least favorite SU hoops player in the 42 years I've been watching Cuse hoops.

He was grabbed by three assistants on that play if I'm not mistaken. He probably should've been flagged for that as well. Didn't we go through this a few years back with an offensive tackle? Passion is one thing, but stupidity is another.

For the record, Devo is my least favorite SU hoops player in the 42 years I've been watching Cuse hoops.

Very reasonable and agree with your take. Devo was barkley, Iverson, and white chocolate all wrapped in one...attitude wise. ;)

It was the lifting coach from Indiana that we got this summer

I don't think Rav realized where he was standing (on the white) during that play. He shouldn't have been there. When the FSU returner ran into him, it caught him by surprise and instinctively he defended himself. But, he has to be aware that he shouldn't have been there in the first place. That much was bad. He does commit a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties that have been costly. I hope he doesn't commit one that costs us a game.

I was yelling at Pierce through my tv. Hes a fantastic talent but hes an unsportsmanlike penalty waiting to happen. He cant be coached
I was there and I was yelling at him, as were most of the folks in our vicinity. The fact that he seems to want to run out into the field whenever there’s a scuffle is going to cause big trouble in a close game someday if he doesn’t chill out. He also always seems to be taking his helmet off on the field which is just asking to get flagged... Babers has his hands full with this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom