Ravian Pierce is a Mad Dog | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ravian Pierce is a Mad Dog

I was there and I was yelling at him, as were most of the folks in our vicinity. The fact that he seems to want to run out into the field whenever there’s a scuffle is going to cause big trouble in a close game someday if he doesn’t chill out. He also always seems to be taking his helmet off on the field which is just asking to get flagged... Babers has his hands full with this one.

Loose cannon and there isn't alot of production where coaches put up with this behavior. Hell, it's college, shouldn't happen. He isn't Jeremy shocky for the love of God.

Because he probably wouldn't toe the company line and give us some quotes that would live in infamy.

Ha. He’s got that gold grill too. Would be glistening and might raise some questions. :cool:

I am not a football genius but I don't think this system has enough interest in involving the TE. Frankly I could have caught his two TD's Pierce has. Again, I don't understand Dino's system enough to know how often the TE is targeted but it seems like a higher priority in other schemes.

Coaches freak out if they're going to get a delay of game, which is only 5 yards, so they frantically waste a timeout.

I can't imagine how upset they must get by a 15 yard penalty from a guy who's not even in the game at the moment. Really could have been two if not for a coach save. The holding on the kickoff and the other late hit by FSU bailed him out.

Passionate moments on the field happen. When you're off the field, there's just no excuse. Sorry.

Eh, when you're playing Florida State, Miami or Va Tech, you need a few guys like that. He's just like Dungy in that respect. These guys are the Devos of this team.
being the devo on this team is not a good thing. JB didn't want devo on his 2010 team for a reason. And it wasn't basketball skill.

He might have to piss in a cup after the game!

latimer-the-program-600x323.png

I am not a football genius but I don't think this system has enough interest in involving the TE. Frankly I could have caught his two TD's Pierce has. Again, I don't understand Dino's system enough to know how often the TE is targeted but it seems like a higher priority in other schemes.

Dino's past teams:

2012 EI
https://eiu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/football/2012/EIUFBStats2012.pdf

Their top receivers were Erik Lora, Chris Wright, Chavar Watkins, Sam Hendricks and Von Wise.
Hendricks was 6-4 206 tight end, (presumably more a passing than a blocking TE). He was the only one listed as such and he caught 37 of 312 passes caught by this group, 12%.

2013 EI
https://eiu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/football/2013/2013_EIUFootball_Stats.pdf

Their top receivers were Lora, Adam Drake, Jeff LaPak and Keionndre Gober. None were listed as tight ends,. Only one player was: Eric Luhrsen, who didn't catch a pass. Ryan Meyer, who caught ten passes, was listed as a 6-4 214 safety. On the next spring's roster, he is listed as a tight end. Jeff LePak who was 6-6 222, was listed as a tight end on the 2014 fall roster. He had caught 51 passes in 2013 while being listed a s a wide receiver. Meyer's and Lepaks' 61 catches in 2013 were 19% of the 317 catches this group made.

2014 BG
2014 Bowling Green State Falcons Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Their top receivers were Roger Lewis, Brian Burbrink, Ronnie Moore, Gehrig Dieter and Heath Jackson. None of them were listed as tight ends. Dieter was the biggest one at 6-3 207. The only listed tight end with a catch was Chris Pohlman with 2 of them.

2015 BG
2015 Bowling Green State Falcons Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Their top receivers were the same guys as 2014 along with Derek Lee and Teo Redding. Lee was a 6-4 258 tight end with 18 catches. Chris Gallon was a 6-4 229 "WR" with 7 catches. 6-6 251 Hunter Folkertsma was listed as a tight end and had 2 catches. Lee's 18 catches were 5% of the catches made by him, Moore, Burbrink, Dieter and Lewis.

So I'd say that the tight end is no a prominent part of a Babers offense, unfortunately. I think the tight end is a great weapon if you've got a good one.

Dino's past teams:

2012 EI
https://eiu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/football/2012/EIUFBStats2012.pdf

Their top receivers were Erik Lora, Chris Wright, Chavar Watkins, Sam Hendricks and Von Wise.
Hendricks was 6-4 206 tight end, (presumably more a passing than a blocking TE). He was the only one listed as such and he caught 37 of 312 passes caught by this group, 12%.

2013 EI
https://eiu_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/football/2013/2013_EIUFootball_Stats.pdf

Their top receivers were Lora, Adam Drake, Jeff LaPak and Keionndre Gober. None were listed as tight ends,. Only one player was: Eric Luhrsen, who didn't catch a pass. Ryan Meyer, who caught ten passes, was listed as a 6-4 214 safety. On the next spring's roster, he is listed as a tight end. Jeff LePak who was 6-6 222, was listed as a tight end on the 2014 fall roster. He had caught 51 passes in 2013 while being listed a s a wide receiver. Meyer's and Lepaks' 61 catches in 2013 were 19% of the 317 catches this group made.

2014 BG
2014 Bowling Green State Falcons Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Their top receivers were Roger Lewis, Brian Burbrink, Ronnie Moore, Gehrig Dieter and Heath Jackson. None of them were listed as tight ends. Dieter was the biggest one at 6-3 207. The only listed tight end with a catch was Chris Pohlman with 2 of them.

2015 BG
2015 Bowling Green State Falcons Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Their top receivers were the same guys as 2014 along with Derek Lee and Teo Redding. Lee was a 6-4 258 tight end with 18 catches. Chris Gallon was a 6-4 229 "WR" with 7 catches. 6-6 251 Hunter Folkertsma was listed as a tight end and had 2 catches. Lee's 18 catches were 5% of the catches made by him, Moore, Burbrink, Dieter and Lewis.

So I'd say that the tight end is no a prominent part of a Babers offense, unfortunately. I think the tight end is a great weapon if you've got a good one.
Thank you so much for doing the work that I was too lazy to do. I am with you in terms of the TE being a weapon certainly demonstrated at the pro level.

Rewatched the entire game on my day off yesterday - I would bench him for an entire half or maybe the entire uconn game. Needs a punishment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom