Class of 2016 - RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Abdul Adams (MD) Oklahoma Transfer / TRANSFERRED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be like European soccer where the elites cherry pick the talent from everyone else. Eric Dungey blows up... hey look Oregon needs a qb, Eric why don’t you come home? Hey Ish, you’re a pretty good receiver as a senior, why don’t you go home and play for the U your senior year...

Roster limits are meaningless... kids get encouraged to leave all the time. If they pass rule eliminating the 1 year sitting period for transfers they need to also add a rule limiting how many transfers a program can take... like 1 very two years or something or this will totally get out of control.

You’re framing it as if teams can recruit players on other teams. I’m sure that there will be rules around tampering - I.e. a kid has to request a transfer first before schools contact him.

Now is there more incentive for kids to read the tea leaves and be more proactive about their futures? Absolutely. And I think there will be more transfers as a result but I don’t expect it to explode if it passes.

It would be like European soccer where the elites cherry pick the talent from everyone else. Eric Dungey blows up... hey look Oregon needs a qb, Eric why don’t you come home? Hey Ish, you’re a pretty good receiver as a senior, why don’t you go home and play for the U your senior year...

Roster limits are meaningless... kids get encouraged to leave all the time. If they pass rule eliminating the 1 year sitting period for transfers they need to also add a rule limiting how many transfers a program can take... like 1 very two years or something or this will totally get out of control.

Maybe. What are they offering that a starter here isn’t already getting here? There is no salary to entice kids (paper bags, excluded).

Transfers transfer because they are unhappy. Starters on an ACC level Team won’t transfer up.

Plus, all the kids who are on name elite schools as 2nd and 3rd stringers might see starter at Syracuse as a move up.

Maybe. What are they offering that a starter here isn’t already getting here? There is no salary to entice kids (paper bags, excluded).

Transfers transfer because they are unhappy. Starters on an ACC level Team won’t transfer up.

Plus, all the kids who are on name elite schools as 2nd and 3rd stringers might see starter at Syracuse as a move up.
Oregon would be all over Dungey if transfers without sitting became allowed.
They would be getting a guy perfect for their system and proven at a P5 level.

If you don’t think the big boys would take starters from other P5 teams you are forgetting how competitive these coaches are. They are cutthroat.

Transfers without sitting should be limited to players that see their HC leave.

You’re framing it as if teams can recruit players on other teams. I’m sure that there will be rules around tampering - I.e. a kid has to request a transfer first before schools contact him.

Now is there more incentive for kids to read the tea leaves and be more proactive about their futures? Absolutely. And I think there will be more transfers as a result but I don’t expect it to explode if it passes.
Its going to create a free for all and schools like SU will have promising prospects poached in short we become the equivalent of the G league not to mention what happens to the lesser conferences. Just my opinion but i think it opens up a huge can of worms.

If you don’t think the big boys would take starters from other P5 teams you are forgetting how competitive these coaches are. They are cutthroat.

How will coaches control players discipline players. Kids will just Fu and move on. Total uncontrollable mess.

Wouldn’t the school still have to release the player?

You think they really wouldn't be tampering? Speaking to a HS coach. Your guy is looking good at fill-in-the-blank school. Wink, wink.

Now you are saying this kid is interested to transferring to SU? If not exactly what then are you putting forth
?
I think he's refering to how proactive this staff is more than anything about this specific player.

Wouldn’t the school still have to release the player?
Technically maybe. But what kind of bad press would schools get for not releasing a guy?

Schools still have to release the player.
Kids are able to transfer without sitting after the graduate and a lot of them are doing that year 3.
Oregon could NOT say "Eric we need a QB come back home". Even the inept NCAA would do more then slap them on the wrist.

Schools still have to release the player.
Kids are able to transfer without sitting after the graduate and a lot of them are doing that year 3.
Oregon could NOT say "Eric we need a QB come back home". Even the inept NCAA would do more then slap them on the wrist.
Why not? Kids dont decide to transfer without an indication of other interest. It would be impossible to police.

Getting back to Adams...is he on campus?

I haven't been able to verify his transfer intentions or his interest in SU. Does anyone have belief WITH evidence?

Why not? Kids dont decide to transfer without an indication of other interest. It would be impossible to police.

I seriously doubt a coach is going to jeopardize his feature over something silly like trying to get a kid to transfer illegally.

Getting back to Adams...is he on campus?

I haven't been able to verify his transfer intentions or his interest in SU. Does anyone have belief WITH evidence?

Late registration for the spring ends the 23rd. If he’s looking to enroll for the spring then a visit this weekend and a decision makes sense. Not sure if that’s his intention though however.

If it is though, and he’s visiting us, I’d say that’s a very good sign for us.

I seriously doubt a coach is going to jeopardize his feature over something silly like trying to get a kid to transfer illegally.
Like they would actually get in trouble for it. If the NCAA doesn’t make a kid sit out for a year, SU and similar schools will become glorified farm teams.

Like they would actually get in trouble for it. If the NCAA doesn’t make a kid sit out for a year, SU and similar schools will become glorified farm teams.
You are correct.

That doesn’t answer my question: what does Eric gain by playing at Oregon that he doesn’t get here?

- both play top competition
- both offer quality education
- both get you in front of NFL people
- both get you TV time

I guess playing in front of your home town and better lockers? Maybe paper bags and other illegal perks get richer?

Plus it’s no small thing to be on a team (esp as an established starter/leader) and then decide to ditch your football family.

I just don’t see it being a comp to professional free agency.

How will coaches control players discipline players. Kids will just Fu and move on. Total uncontrollable mess.

Talented kids with issues hit the market now - and sometimes schools bite and sometimes they don’t. No different now.

I will say the I wouldn’t trust the NCAA to regulate something like this. Toothless.

That doesn’t answer my question: what does Eric gain by playing at Oregon that he doesn’t get here?

- both play top competition
- both offer quality education
- both get you in front of NFL people
- both get you TV time

I guess playing in front of your home town and better lockers? Maybe paper bags and other illegal perks get richer?

Plus it’s no small thing to be on a team (esp as an established starter/leader) and then decide to ditch your football family.

I just don’t see it being a comp to professional free agency.
I would bet Dungey grew up wanting to be Oregon QB.
He would get to play at home. That appeals.

Sure. But that’s different than pro sports where it’s “desirable city + pay increase”...

It would be interesting that’s for sure. Doubt it happens...

Kids would move for many reasons. As example it might be as simple as going home. It might be playing behind a better Oline or with better skill players around you or simply playing for a winning team. In Erics case a better team might help him to showcase his talents and avoid injury. There are a million reasons that this would become a free for all. Having to sit a year makes the decision one that has a downside thus creating more thought and less knee jerk reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.