Class of 2018 - RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Akeem Dixon (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Not taking sides here, but it's not as if we recruit kids for only 2 months and they commit. I mean, he was offered in January of 2016, shortly after Hart started here. I don't know if Hart was the lead recruiter on Dixon, but if he was, to dismiss out of hand Hart's involvement doesn't hold water.
Perhaps, though neither player decided until well after he was gone and Jordan's entire Cuse recruitment happened very fast. Like entirely after Hart left fast. Putting the label of "Hart's guys" on these guys requires some logical gymnastics.

Not taking sides here, but it's not as if we recruit kids for only 2 months and they commit. I mean, he was offered in January of 2016, shortly after Hart started here. I don't know if Hart was the lead recruiter on Dixon, but if he was, to dismiss out of hand Hart's involvement doesn't hold water.

Just going to throw this out there, but generally if the position coach is that important to a recruitment, a kid generally doesn’t commit let alone commit early if that coach leaves the program.

LOL!!! if it were so easy to recruit RB's we'd have some uberstuds on the roster ...we dont.
if it were so easy to come in and play day 1, last yrs guys would have.
my understanding is that the staff has put a truckload of work in to Pierre, hoping he'll pan out...and stritzinger did not look impressive at all.Neal looked good as the season went on.Perkins showed some promise, and Strickland did pretty well given what he had to work with.
i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts those rb recruits are looking for greener pastures.C'mon: a 4-8 team in the frozen north that hasnt been able to run the ball? would YOU see what else is out there?
It's hilarious how uninformed your post is.

LOL!!! if it were so easy to recruit RB's we'd have some uberstuds on the roster ...we dont.
if it were so easy to come in and play day 1, last yrs guys would have.
my understanding is that the staff has put a truckload of work in to Pierre, hoping he'll pan out...and stritzinger did not look impressive at all.Neal looked good as the season went on.Perkins showed some promise, and Strickland did pretty well given what he had to work with.
i'm willing to bet dollars to donuts those rb recruits are looking for greener pastures.C'mon: a 4-8 team in the frozen north that hasnt been able to run the ball? would YOU see what else is out there?
What kind of work did they put into Pierre...new shocks and struts?

Also, how would anyone know what Stritzinger looked like at the RB position? He played 9 games on special teams because there are 3 RB's ahead of him and he is a Freshman.

yeah im just way out in left field, please enlighten me
Jahwar is a NY native, so I don't think he's concerned about the "frozen north". Stritzinger didn't play RB yet so not sure what you'd base him "not looking impressive" on. The OL picking up the schemes was the biggest issue last year. Once we hit that 5-6 game mark our rushing game improved immensely.

Neither RB is looking for greener pastures.

Jahwar is a NY native, so I don't think he's concerned about the "frozen north". Stritzinger didn't play RB yet so not sure what you'd base him "not looking impressive" on. The OL picking up the schemes was the biggest issue last year. Once we hit that 5-6 game mark our rushing game improved immensely.

Neither RB is looking for greener pastures.

Stritz got a handful plays in the first game at RB, which led to a TO and something else not good, I forget the specifics.
It was imminently forgettable, so it's understandable that you did just that.

Stritz got a handful plays in the first game at RB, which led to a TO and something else not good, I forget the specifics.
I think that was the Florida freshmen who fumbled and never played again this year. Not positive though.

He never saw action at RB in any game, that was Markenzy Pierre.

Striz played against Central Conn and fumbled.
No he didn't, go back and watch.

Show me in the box score where he got a carry and was tagged with a fumble?

Central Connecticut vs. Syracuse - Box Score - September 1, 2017 - ESPN

Here are the official rushing stats from Syracuse University, both the link and the clip. SHow me where Stritz shows up on here as having a carry?

http://cuse.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2017&

upload_2017-12-23_18-57-29.png

He never saw action at RB in any game, that was Markenzy Pierre.

No he didn't, go back and watch.

Show me in the box score where he got a carry and was tagged with a fumble?

Central Connecticut vs. Syracuse - Box Score - September 1, 2017 - ESPN

Here are the official rushing stats from Syracuse University, both the link and the clip. SHow me where Stritz shows up on here as having a carry?

Syracuse University Athletics - 2017 Football Cumulative Statistics

View attachment 118031
I’ll go pull up the espn 3 footage where he played and fumbled after the handoff from Culpepper In the fourth quarter.

Striz played against Central Conn and fumbled.
From Syracuse.com

Just wanted to end the debate.

WORST PLAY
Freshman running back Allen Stritzinger ran into the throwing motion of Culpepper, jostling the ball loose and causing SU’s second turnover. The play happened in mop-up time, and Syracuse pounced on a fumble on the next play to regain possession. So, no harm no foul in the grand scheme of things.

Best and worst from Syracuse football vs. Central Connecticut State

From Syracuse.com

Just wanted to end the debate.

WORST PLAY
Freshman running back Allen Stritzinger ran into the throwing motion of Culpepper, jostling the ball loose and causing SU’s second turnover. The play happened in mop-up time, and Syracuse pounced on a fumble on the next play to regain possession. So, no harm no foul in the grand scheme of things.

Best and worst from Syracuse football vs. Central Connecticut State
If he ran into the throwing motion of Culpepper, then he didn't fumble, Culpepper did. So the statement that "he fumbled" was incorrect.

You guys do know the official play-by-play is available at Cuse.com

Syracuse University Athletics - Football vs Central Connecticut State on 9/1/2017

Syracuse at 05:51
1st and 10 at SU17 SYRACUSE drive start at 05:51.
1st and 10 at SU17 Culpepper, R. rush for loss of 7 yards to the SU10, fumble by Culpepper, R. recovered by CCSU C. Teixeira at SU13.
TOTAL 1 plays , -4 yards Time of Possession: 0:05

C. Connecticut State at 05:46
1st and 10 at SU13 C. CONNECTICUT STATE drive start at 05:46.
1st and 10 at SU13 T. Kingsley rush for loss of 10 yards to the SU23, fumble by T. Kingsley recovered by SU Ruff, K. at SU21.
TOTAL 1 plays , -8 yards Time of Possession: 0:06

Striz played had a couple carries and went the wrong way on one play and ran into the QB. End of discussion.

If he ran into the throwing motion of Culpepper, then he didn't fumble, Culpepper did. So the statement that "he fumbled" was incorrect.

But he did see time at RB, so everybody was wrong.

Ok . . . you got me. What are we arguing about?

But he did see time at RB, so everybody was wrong.

Actually, no. I was correct.
I said he played RB, and did something that lead to a TO.

No need to thank me. I know I'm awesome. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom