Class of 2017 - RB C J Holmes (CT) Dismissed from Notre Dame/ Walk on at PSU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB C J Holmes (CT) Dismissed from Notre Dame/ Walk on at PSU

Ummm...ok, but when you're done, can we get back to discussing CJ Holmes?

Was referring to time to beat Notre Dame but I have no idea what you're thinking :confused:

He pulled a D*** move and listed us and 3 other schools as his final a few days ago, none of which he had any interest in attending, and then announced for ND today as everyone expected. What more is there to discuss? What brand of sneaker he likes?

whoosh...the sound of orangefog's play on words going right over your head. :D

Smacks of a diva imo...
Rather have solid talented lunch pail guys all day long...

Everyone has what they want to say to this kid, I say it sure was a dumb way in my book to choose a school of his choice to attend with naming 4 finalist and not one of them was his choice. And I do not wish him the best, , again just being honest with the way I feel. I do believe he has some maturing to do and growing up. But what 17 year old doesn't. jmo

Everyone has what they want to say to this kid, I say it sure was a dumb way in my book to choose a school of his choice to attend with naming 4 finalist and not one of them was his choice. And I do not wish him the best, , again just being honest with the way I feel. I do believe he has some maturing to do and growing up. But what 17 year old doesn't. jmo

You're wishing ill will to a kid for picking ND over SU because of how it played out on social media? You're judging a kid you don't know who has a full scholarship offer to go to ND and a host of other great schools? What of your maturity?

Btw, any kid in his right mind, who isn't a poster on this board, would choose ND over SU right now for all sorts of reasons. Its really not even close. Unfortunately, that may never change.

You're wishing ill will to a kid for picking ND over SU because of how it played out on social media? You're judging a kid you don't know who has a full scholarship offer to go to ND and a host of other great schools? What of your maturity?

Btw, any kid in his right mind, who isn't a poster on this board, would choose ND over SU right now for all sorts of reasons. Its really not even close. Unfortunately, that may never change.
I am not wishing him ill will to him personally. I just don't wish him the best mainly against us. I disagree with you that we may not ever get close to ND in recruiting. I remember not to long ago ND stunk as much as we did on the field and they were getting some descent recruits.. I for one do feel we will catch up to some of these schools that we will get some of those recruits that are choosing between ND vs SU. And if the wins start coming this year, it may just be a couple years down the road.

Louie and Bouie said:
You're wishing ill will to a kid for picking ND over SU because of how it played out on social media? You're judging a kid you don't know who has a full scholarship offer to go to ND and a host of other great schools? What of your maturity? Btw, any kid in his right mind, who isn't a poster on this board, would choose ND over SU right now for all sorts of reasons. Its really not even close. Unfortunately, that may never change.

Yeah, I think we can get close to them. Not everyone holds ND in that high of regard.

Yeah, I think we can get close to them. Not everyone holds ND in that high of regard.
Define close? I love your enthusiasm. The reality is something different. We are at the bottom of the P5 food chain right now. I hate ND football and most ND fans with a passion, however, the programs are world's apart right now and it would take an Everest type climb to be "close" to them.

We may beat them this Fall. I'll be there hoping for that. That would make my year. ND fans are very pompous.

Louie and Bouie said:
Define close? I love your enthusiasm. The reality is something different. We are at the bottom of the P5 food chain right now. I hate ND football and most ND fans with a passion, however, the programs are world's apart right now and it would take an Everest type climb to be "close" to them. We may beat them this Fall. I'll be there hoping for that. That would make my year. ND fans are very pompous.

Baylor loses to a one loss Texas team in Briles first year 45-21.

Baylor loses to a one loss BCS championship runner-up by a large margin.

Baylor beats Texas in Briles third year.

That close.

Give Syracuse 20 years with the kind of money ND was pulling in with their TV deal while Syracuse was stuck in the Big East and I do think you'll see this gap start to close. Syracuse has just begun to get off the ground, here.

The money/facility issue is over. At this point when it comes to facilities,housing and exposure we are good to go. We just have to win. Everything else is in place.4

The money/facility issue is over. At this point when it comes to facilities,housing and exposure we are good to go. We just have to win. Everything else is in place.4
Right. But what I'm saying is now that money is not so exclusive, recruits and fans will have an adjustment period to realize that the power balance is not as lopsided as it used to be. That's why I say give it 20 years