Class of 2017 - RB C J Holmes (CT) Dismissed from Notre Dame/ Walk on at PSU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB C J Holmes (CT) Dismissed from Notre Dame/ Walk on at PSU

This

I thought ND wasn't in his Final 4?

I guess that would "break the Internet" if he pulled a psych job like that - picking a team not listed in his 4.

Whatever.
Hope he picks SU.

If not, hopefully Tayon or some other stud RB does.

lets just say CJ has developed a hunger for attention
So this is more like a certain RB recruit from North Carolina? or maybe a TE recruit from CT?

So this is more like a certain RB recruit from North Carolina? or maybe a TE recruit from CT?
I wouldnt put him in that category. He hasnt de committed yet. I think he is just a kid who likes the attention he gets from fans on twitter. When Notre Dame and Alabama offered he got big on himself. This is the kinda stuff that happens with 17 year olds.

I wouldnt put him in that category. He hasnt de committed yet. I think he is just a kid who likes the attention he gets from fans on twitter. When Notre Dame and Alabama offered he got big on himself. This is the kinda stuff that happens with 17 year olds.
Fully understood, and I can't really blame him for enjoying it. It can get your head spinning I am sure. I was just hoping (and in some ways, I guess I still am) that we had a better shot and that a silent verbal might be in there. I realize we are not quite there yet, but the dream has to start somewhere. Not bitter, just trying to manage my lofty expectations. Anxious for the season to start!

I thought ND wasn't in his Final 4?

I guess that would "break the Internet" if he pulled a psych job like that - picking a team not listed in his 4.

Whatever.
Hope he picks SU.

If not, hopefully Tayon or some other stud RB does.

ND isn't in his final 4. Not sure why that's being brought up again.

Sometimes kids put schools in their final four that they already told people they aren't coming. Sometimes they leave out the school from their final list they are going to. Sometimes they just like to play games

Sometimes kids put schools in their final four that they already told people they aren't coming. Sometimes they leave out the school from their final list they are going to. Sometimes they just like to play games

Point taken. I'm not holding my breath anyway.

I think he'll commit to Charlotte like RW. Maybe that would break the Internet. Didn't RW live n CT for awhile as well? It's all coming together now...

the last time i remember hearing someone we were heavily recruiting say they were going to "shock the world". it was nerlens noel to kentucky.. I'm aware different sport, but i remember thinking at that time that mr. noel might not entirely know the meaning of the statement "shock the world"

hoping cj's version of "breaking twitter" is different.

Kid is too big for his britches. Not coming here. I'll put my money on it.

Holy tots.

Hope he enjoys 2-4 years of getting slapped around by MSU/Michigan/OSU/Wisconsin and like Iowa/Nebraska too.
I'm sure that's what other schools' fans would say if kids they were recruiting committed to SU. You need to land the big dogs to change the narrative. Maryland is going to try and do that.

I'm sure that's what other schools' fans would say if kids they were recruiting committed to SU. You need to land the big dogs to change the narrative. Maryland is going to try and do that.

Maryland also has monopoly money from Under Armour to throw around.

I'm not a Maryland fan what so ever but they did a great job turning around their recruiting.

Maryland is capable of producing NFL talent and after a few years of successful recruitment like this I'm sure they'll be well on their way to changing the narrative of the Big 10.

Im just bitter because I strongly dislike Maryland.

Trueblue25 said:
Maryland is capable of producing NFL talent and after a few years of successful recruitment like this I'm sure they'll be well on their way to changing the narrative of the Big 10. Im just bitter because I strongly dislike Maryland.

They are a true peer program. It will all be on coaching and W's. They don't get em, they won't continue recruiting like this.

Think UVa.

They are a true peer program. It will all be on coaching and W's. They don't get em, they won't continue recruiting like this.

Think UVa.

They are not a peer program for long with the money they have coming in from UA.

SUFan44 said:
They are not a peer program for long with the money they have coming in from UA.

Money is only a part of the equation. It's for facilities, right? A new practice facility and a reno'd dome solves some of that.

Hey, we tried. It shows you what Chris Beatty can do with the right tools.

Hey, we tried. It shows you what Chris Beatty can do with the right tools.
This is an interesting point. I know Maryland is creating a practice facility now, but does anyone see the recruiting success and Chris Beatty as a comment on our facilities? I realize there were other family reasons, but coupled with the Minnesota defections, (family and money were factors forCoyle too) it might be telling us to make sure we look in the mirror. We could and should be doing more with facilities. Here's hoping the Dome renovations do the job of creating money so we can continue to invest in other amenities and facilities.

are you guys talking about maryland because of the 5 star defensive end? that kid was born and raised in maryland.

Agreed, be interesting to see how his offense pans out as he hired a young up and comer. Maryland has to recruit at a very high level to change things up and compete with the big boys in their division, they certainly have a huge staff and resources. What they don't have is a proven system or HC, so who knows.