Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

I can't tell if you are being serious not... Which in and of itself is kinda hilarious

Completely joking. Playing off their board a few years ago reminding everyone, if they were going to the FB game or maybe it was a bowl game, to leave their TV's on to increase their TV ratings.

image-3445509143.jpg

Spoke to my cousin again today about Dontae -

1. No qualifying issues whatsoever.
2. He's another kid with a great story of overcoming adversity - there's a newspaper article about him coming out next week and I don't want to spoil it for him so you'll all just have to wait. I'll post it here but I assume that somebody will probably beat me to it.
3. Not a surprise really but coach absolutely expects him to be on the field next year.
4. The Rutgers rumors are complete BS - never intended to go there - he wanted to get out of town. He was Cuse all the way from day 1.

Can't wait to see him at the dome next year.

Kaplan SAT prep does a good job of teaching people to the test specifically. I had friends in High School who struggled with the SAT and Kaplan did a good job of focusing their attention on what matters, as well as providing assistance in how to take the test. An old girlfriend raised her score significantly and she said it was mainly because Kaplan taught her how to prioritize questions. Meaning essentially if she was stumped, to simply move on so she could spend ample time answering questions she was more equipped to answer correctly. Best of luck to him, sounds like he could use a break.

He told trey this morning on Twitter he took it a couple weeks ago and is waiting for the score but is confident he is all set now.
Just gotta hope he was able to get it done.

How many more SAT opportunities are there this year? 2?

Did we know he still hasn't qualified?

P-S story on him (great piece as well)

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb..._freshman_dontae_strickland.html#incart_river

"The running back is the highest-rated recruit the program reeled in this year, though he still needs to score higher on his SAT in order to academically qualify for the fall semester."

It was mentioned several times. All along Strickland and Blair have been my 2 biggest worries getting qualified. Sucks they just so happen to be 2 of our biggest recruits. Really hope he is already signed up for the other tests, and hasn't stopped studying.

Reactions: 007
Taking a class if he hadn't before should be enough for a 60+ point jump, especially if he wasn't familiar with test taking strategies and whatnot.

I could get him that in 2 hours. Easy. I helped 2 local D 1 bball guys qualify back in the day. Each went up 100+ points in math.
I couldn't pass a math class to save my life but was great in narrowing it down to one two answers without knowing the formulas for getting there and got vastly undeserved high scores. So I think strategies can make a difference.

I couldn't pass a math class to save my life but was great in narrowing it down to one two answers without knowing the formulas for getting there and got vastly undeserved high scores. So I think strategies can make a difference.
Me too I was good at narrowing down, but a terrible guesser.

The young man is driven, let's just trust that he will get his 60+. Trey improved 200 points from spring jr year to fall senior year and didn't have Kaplan! I have no reason to doubt his English teachers assessment of him and neither should anyone else. This is Trey's dad btw.