Class of 2015 - RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Dontae Strickland (NJ) Signed LOI

The young man is driven, let's just trust that he will get his 60+. Trey improved 200 points from spring jr year to fall senior year and didn't have Kaplan! I have no reason to doubt his English teachers assessment of him and neither should anyone else. This is Trey's dad btw.

I really do want to trust that he will get the score, and he deserves it for everything he has gone through, but our luck when it comes to this stuff isn't that great. Just looking back the last 2 years we've had our top recruits all not qualify. Last year nobody even thought KJ, and Alin were concerns, and kept being told there was nothing to worry about.

The young man is driven, let's just trust that he will get his 60+. Trey improved 200 points from spring jr year to fall senior year and didn't have Kaplan! I have no reason to doubt his English teachers assessment of him and neither should anyone else. This is Trey's dad btw.

Ron you need to get your own account set up on here and post more. :)

$avage ‏@tae_strick_23 57m57 minutes ago

Started with a dollar and a dream
1f4ad.png
1f34a.png
1f64c.png
#DreamChasers https://instagram.com/p/zsvmY4Fceh/

I think the ACTs were yesterday. Hope he was studying and not practicing for this meaningless game (like Franklin Howard).

Great news on the Dontae front. He got his ACT scores the other day and he improved quite a bit. All he needs to do to qualify now is to keep his grades at an A/B level this marking period (he has been getting As and Bs all year from what I'm told) so, barring something unforeseen, I'm going to say that we'll see him in Orange next season.

Great news on the Dontae front. He got his ACT scores the other day and he improved quite a bit. All he needs to do to qualify now is to keep his grades at an A/B level this marking period (he has been getting As and Bs all year from what I'm told) so, barring something unforeseen, I'm going to say that we'll see him in Orange next season.

boom.jpg

Awesome news!!!

Good to hear. I think we're going to need him.

That's a huge relief. Thanks for the info. I could see Dontae having a huge role this season.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is Strickland only going to play RB? It seems to me we have an equally huge need in the secondary. I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread somewhere. Might a final determination be made this summer? Thanks.

iommi said:
I know this is probably a stupid question, but is Strickland only going to play RB? It seems to me we have an equally huge need in the secondary. I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread somewhere. Might a final determination be made this summer? Thanks.

Think the staff has him at RB. My guess is that he starts there and depending how it goes - might get moved.

But one of the reasons he liked us was that he wanted to play RB.

If Strickland is as good as he appears to be, he will play his way on to the field somewhere based on merit. We need talent upgrades all over the field and can not afford to not play the best players. It looks like his first chance will be at RB.