Class of 2014 - RB Erv Phillips (CT) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Erv Phillips (CT)

That kid is faaaaast. That one step cut he does is really a thing of beauty.

pretty impressive highlight film. it's going to be interesting to see how this translates over with the increased competition.

Agreed! Really great addition - speed and quickness kills!

He prefers slot receiver over RB. He may never play RB here at all.
He prefers slot receiver over RB. He may never play RB here at all.
Sorry I'm not biting on this one.When that comes from the lips of an SU coach then I'll bite.I presume then that Witter will be our "big" RB recruit for this recruiting year.:rolleyes:

Sorry I'm not biting on this one.When that comes from the lips of an SU coach then I'll bite.I presume then that Witter will be our "big" RB recruit for this recruiting year.:rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure he said he was recruited as an H-Back

H-Backs can take the occasional hand off on a jet sweep or we can line him up at runningback on some plays. I'm not too worried about what position he was recruited for. I think he will be utilized in any way to get him into some open space to make people miss. And frankly, as long as he does what he showed in his tape then it won't matter where he is lined up at.

and rvls quickly gave him a 2 star 5.3 rating. almost as low as they can go.

247 has him as a 3 star as well. The kid looks like a 3-4 star which is most important. Oh wait, he committed to SU, I had better drop that rating

In 2012, Phillips had 125 carries for 1,057 yards, amassing 23 total touchdowns. 247 Sports has him as the #18 all purpose back in the country.

In 2012, Phillips had 125 carries for 1,057 yards, amassing 23 total touchdowns. 247 Sports has him as the #18 all purpose back in the country.

and yet, he has two legit scholarship offers?

Grades?

Sometimes perception is everything and living in the South my perception of CT is that it isn't a football powerhouse. Perhaps this put some programs off from looking at him. The only program that I am surprised didn't offer is UConn.

Sometimes perception is everything and living in the South my perception of CT is that it isn't a football powerhouse. Perhaps this put some programs off from looking at him. The only program that I am surprised didn't offer is UConn.

I'm surprised with the lack of UCONN and BC offers.

That being said, SU didn't offer Jordan Canzeri and he played as a freshman at Iowa. SU didn't offer Rouse and he's at BC now on scholarship. Rutgers didn't offer Dion Lewis and he tore it up at Pitt and was a freshman AA. So who knows. All 3 of those guys were pretty lightly recruited by major programs outside of the one they committed to.

BC and UConn have already received commitments from running backs from Connecticut.

BC landed a four-star TB in Marcus Outlow from Norwich Free Academy and UConn received a commitment from Arkeel Newsome, who rushed for more than 2,000 yards last season.

Unusually good year for tailback recruits in small state like Connecticut.

Don't believe what people are saying about the caliber of football in Connecticut. While it doesn't compare with some of the rich football areas across the country, West Haven (Erv Philips) plays a competitive schedule of some of the best programs in Connecticut.

His first game is at Greenwich, one of the best teams in the state every year (they went down to Florida a few years back and got beat by a few TDs to the #12 team in the state, but didn't look totally out if their league). Maybe I'll shoot down there and check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom