Class of 2019 - RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Garrison Johnson (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 2/6/19

Adonis Ameen Moore

Maybe size wise sure but we we're pretty poor at getting talent them. I would think this guy is way more talented and hopefully will be used more.

Maybe size wise sure but we we're pretty poor at getting talent them. I would think this guy is way more talented and hopefully will be used more.

AAM was poorly utilized. His last year he showed a lot of quickness for his size but barely saw the field, even when he was making positive plays. Hopefully this guy will be used more but AAM was a very good HS player in Colorado when he came here. Watch his HS tape, his below the waist agility for his size, especially in small spaces was very impressive.

AAM was poorly utilized. His last year he showed a lot of quickness for his size but barely saw the field, even when he was making positive plays. Hopefully this guy will be used more but AAM was a very good HS player in Colorado when he came here. Watch his HS tape, his below the waist agility for his size, especially in small spaces was very impressive.

I'm pretty sure I said hopefully used more. I remembering watching his HS tape and I liked him no idea why he wasn't used more but I'm going to guess he wasn't in shape .

AAM played for a totally different coaching staff. Why would you think that this staff wouldn't utilize Johnson.

And on a side note looks like AAM is doing well for himself.

Adonis Ameen-Moore
Dean of Campus Culture at Colorado Early Colleges Aurora
LocationDenver, ColoradoIndustryHigher EducationCurrentPreviousEducation

AAM played for a totally different coaching staff. Why would you think that this staff wouldn't utilize Johnson.

Adonis Ameen-Moore
That's good to see. It's always good to see former players succeeding.

Adonis Ameen-Moore
Loved him ‘Rome and Prince

I don’t like this offer. Seems like a backup at best. Wish they would keep the offer in back pocket for a different ‘19 or ‘20 prospect.

Seems like at this position we have the depth to be more selective and raise the bar. It certainly puts more pressure on the staff to hit on a ‘20 prospect but I think it’s a risk worth taking. Plus RB’s can usually contribute earlier if you need a ‘20 prospect to help as a freshman.

I don’t like this offer. Seems like a backup at best. Wish they would keep the offer in back pocket for a different ‘19 or ‘20 prospect.

Seems like at this position we have the depth to be more selective and raise the bar. It certainly puts more pressure on the staff to hit on a ‘20 prospect but I think it’s a risk worth taking. Plus RB’s can usually contribute earlier if you need a ‘20 prospect to help as a freshman.
You think 2.5 QBs is adequate depth?

You think 2.5 QBs is adequate depth?
Nope. Glad they were able to add to that depth today.

The RB position will have 5 scholarship backs next year and I think can afford to be selective.

You were saying? ;)
I’m confused. He said he didn’t like the pickup. Suggested we had enough depth already - presumably with TD, Welch, plus the possibility of Culpepper switching back. So my question was sincere. And for the record, I don’t think 2.5 WBs on the roster is sufficient. I like the additional depth Summers provides.

I’m confused. He said he didn’t like the pickup. Suggested we had enough depth already - presumably with TD, Welch, plus the possibility of Culpepper switching back. So my question was sincere. And for the record, I don’t think 2.5 WBs on the roster is sufficient. I like the additional depth Summers provides.

What recruit do you think he's referring to...in the RB Garrison Johnson thread?

Maybe he's not going to be a true running back. It's entirely possible that they make him a TE/FB like Elmore.

Hello. Welcome to the RB Garrison Johnson thread.