RB George Morris - more senior film | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RB George Morris - more senior film

Smallwood won't be at SU next season.
Yeah, that's what I thought but then the P-S recruiting article said he would be here in January if his grades were in order.

It is being reported by the Milford coach that he will indeed "qualify" and be at SU next season with Broyld.
I guess that's where the P-S got it from. Well, hope he makes it.

You keep saying this, people ask why and you give no answer. Spill the beans why or knock it off.

He can't there is no pay side ...

I guess that's where the P-S got it from. Well, hope he makes it.
Bob L on Scout also says he'll qualify.

not as fast as i thought,but great hips and quikness.

big and shifty like mike mcloud

Your comment about the hips is very astute. While watching the film, I kept thinking that the way he moves through the hips - i.e. his shiftiness and the ease with which he changes direction, reminds me a lot of watching old Jim Brown highlights.

I think his speed is deceptive. Not many guys caught him in the open field in that film.

If this kid can stay healthy, I predict he will be a stud wherever he goes.

Your comment about the hips is very astute. While watching the film, I kept thinking that the way he moves through the hips - i.e. his shiftiness and the ease with which he changes direction, reminds me a lot of watching old Jim Brown highlights.

I think his speed is deceptive. Not many guys caught him in the open field in that film.

If this kid can stay healthy, I predict he will be a stud wherever he goes.

Unless there is a major change in the next couple weeks Morris will be Cuse bound.

Unless there is a major change in the next couple weeks Morris will be Cuse bound.
That's great news. But yesterday I think you said we were in a three way race. Is this new opinion based on new info?

That's great news. But yesterday I think you said we were in a three way race. Is this new opinion based on new info?

Yes it is ... one of the players appears to have been removed from the race ... again not sure which one ... waiting for word ... we are one step closer.

Just watched his video. Man that kid is deceptive. Reminds me of a poor man's Barry Sanders in the way he can quickly shift directions while looking for the big yardage. Also a tough runner who broke a bunch of poor tackles en route to big runs. Overall looks very solid and would be exactly the type of runner I'm sure HCDM wants and needs here. Imagine him with a running QB. Scary thoughts for opposing coaches.

Yes it is ... one of the players appears to have been removed from the race ... again not sure which one ... waiting for word ... we are one step closer.
Awesome, thanks for the intel!!

I think this kid has a chance to be special; reminds me of a young Arian Foster. While DC3 was great and I'm glad he made the league, it's been awhile since SU had a real gamebreaker at RB. I think Morris can be that guy.

Awesome, thanks for the intel!!

I think this kid has a chance to be special; reminds me of a young Arian Foster. While DC3 was great and I'm glad he made the league, it's been awhile since SU had a real gamebreaker at RB. I think Morris can be that guy.

Georgia Tech is recruiting a teammate of his and was contemplating also throwing their hat in the ring but because they are comfortable with what they currently have on the roster they did not offer Morris. If they had less RBs on scholarship they would also be pursuing him ... he is a very good football player and I think would be very successful at SU. Right now if a leader had to be declared we are the leader and in a good position to get him. Zook and the Illini offered this kid a scholly about 9 months ago which tells you something.

... he is a very good football player and I think would be very successful at SU. Right now if a leader had to be declared we are the leader and in a good position to get him.
We close w/ this kid and Morgan, I don't care what the final rankings are, this will be a great class.

If we get Morris I think that really opens up options for McFarlane. He looks like he has good hands and would make a good slot receiver. An offense with Morris, McFarlane, Parris and Thompson on the field might be fun to watch in a few years.

If we get Morris I think that really opens up options for McFarlane. He looks like he has good hands and would make a good slot receiver. An offense with Morris, McFarlane, Parris and Thompson on the field might be fun to watch in a few years.

What sets Morris apart from some of his other 5A contemporaries is that he has better vision and is a little more shifty than some of the other backs at that level ... he also has a nose for the endzone ... one of the leading scorers in 5A this season.

You keep saying this, people ask why and you give no answer. Spill the beans why or knock it off.
Heard it from a very very reilable source. He will not be offered a schoarship. Can't say who I heard it from.

Heard it from a very very reilable source. He will not be offered a schoarship. Can't say who I heard it from.

So it won't be grades but ... no seat at the table ... sounds like the staff is really confident that a couple RBs are coming to town. I heard a week ago that Morris' timetable for his decision is by Christmas ... so we should know in a matter of about 3-4 weeks for sure where he is going ... again based on what I was told this morning if I was going to put my money on a school ... it would be Cuse.

He would be one of our top gets in the last five years. Great talent

While I don't want to call out names of some of the best backs to ever play the game, I do think that he has a throwback style to him that really does remind me of the old clips of certain #44s that attended Syracuse. Again, not saying we have a HOF here, even at the collegiate level, just saying that he really does look like an old school back with a good mixture of speed, vision, and power. Not a ton of wiggle, but enough to make that one hard cut and go... which is actually the type I prefer. And then he just glides.

I do think that he has a throwback style to him that really does remind me of the old clips of certain #44s that attended Syracuse. Again, not saying we have a HOF here, even at the collegiate level, just saying that he really does look like an old school back.

This^

He's built similarly to older backs, so is Perkins.

Morris - 6'1, 190 (just needs to add a few lbs of muscle)

Perkins - 6'2, 210

Ernie Davis - 6'2, 212

Jim Brown - 6'2, 232

Floyd Little - 5'10, 196

While I don't want to call out names of some of the best backs to ever play the game, I do think that he has a throwback style to him that really does remind me of the old clips of certain #44s that attended Syracuse. Again, not saying we have a HOF here, even at the collegiate level, just saying that he really does look like an old school back with a good mixture of speed, vision, and power. Not a ton of wiggle, but enough to make that one hard cut and go... which is actually the type I prefer. And then he just glides.

This is exactly what I saw on that film and mentioned above. To me, the resemblance of the film to films of JB is striking. Even his hard cuts looked smooth. I really want him in orange. So much so that, if it wouldn't get anyone in trouble, I would buy him a car. Seriously. Not a really nice car, but a decent late-model, relatively low mileage, used Japanese economy sedan. A comfortable and reliable type car that will run forever given regular maintenance.

This is exactly what I saw on that film and mentioned above. To me, the resemblance of the film to films of JB is striking. Even his hard cuts looked smooth. I really want him in orange. So much so that, if it wouldn't get anyone in trouble, I would buy him a car. Seriously. Not a really nice car, but a decent late-model, relatively low mileage, used Japanese economy sedan. A comfortable and reliable type car that will run forever given regular maintenance.
LOL

The older box style accords run forever, the body will go before the engine.

All signs here point to him going to the Cuse ... you don't have to buy a Honda hatchback :)

This^

He's built similarly to older backs, so is Perkins.

Morris - 6'1, 190 (just needs to add a few lbs of muscle)

Perkins - 6'2, 210

Ernie Davis - 6'2, 212

Jim Brown - 6'2, 232

Floyd Little - 5'10, 196
Jim Brown was a brick *thouse... 6'2 232 is big now, back then, I bet he was the size of OL's!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom