RB George Morris - more senior film | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RB George Morris - more senior film

While I don't want to call out names of some of the best backs to ever play the game, I do think that he has a throwback style to him that really does remind me of the old clips of certain #44s that attended Syracuse. Again, not saying we have a HOF here, even at the collegiate level, just saying that he really does look like an old school back with a good mixture of speed, vision, and power. Not a ton of wiggle, but enough to make that one hard cut and go... which is actually the type I prefer. And then he just glides.
His change of direction without slowing down is very Dorsett-like. Might lack the break-away speed of Tony, however.

His change of direction without slowing down is very Dorsett-like. Might lack the break-away speed of Tony, however.
Good call. Used to love Tony D -- hated the Cowboys ever since they traded him!

And you're right, Morris doesn't have TD's blazing speed (4.3 range) but GM is definitely fast. If you notice in the clips, he often outruns pursuit angles and once in the clear, he never gets caught from behind. When you see the Dorsett's and Chris Johnson's of the world, you usually see the gap widening between them and the defenders chasing them. With Morris, you don't really see that gap widening but you don't see it closing either; they're not catching him! That demonstrates outstanding speed in Georgia 5A ball, just not the elite speed of a TD, CJ, or the kid at Florida.

With GM's build and gliding sort of gait, I think he compares more favorably to Arian Foster (also 6'1) than Dorsett (5'10). But I agree, he definitely cuts at full speed the way TD33 did it back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom