RB George Morris - more senior film | Syracusefan.com

RB George Morris - more senior film

This is also against arguably the best competition in the nation, too.

Looks very impressive. Would love to see him wear Orange !

This is also against arguably the best competition in the nation, too.
True dat. He's not running away from kids who will never get a sniff of college ball; that's big boy HS ball down there.

Also, he's really impressive as a receiver out of the backfield. Hope Wheatley/Marrone close this out. He's the kind of playmaker this offense is starving for.

Very impressive. Kid really knows what to do with a football in his hands.

Love the tape, my only (very very small) concern is his willingness to run backwards and east west. At the college level that isn't going to work.

His power and speed are very well balanced and it looks like he has great vision and tackle breaking skills.

If he signs, could be our best back the day he arrives on campus.

Impressive senior reel. Nice quicks, good balance, runs hard and fast.
I flat out love this kid. His film is extremely impressive. He and McFarland would be a home run for us at RB.

He and McFarland would be a home run for us at RB.
With Smallwood reportedly coming in too, that's a nice haul at RB. Three diverse talents but all 3 look like playmakers.

strange that a kid that talented from such a prolific school wouldnt have UGA or GA offers

Supposedly his favorites are FIU and us. Utah recently offered.

Its a three horse race according to a few people I talked to down here ... Vandy and the Illini were also making a push ... not sure which schools are in the top 3 with us though.

strange that a kid that talented from such a prolific school wouldnt have UGA or GA offers

UGA landed Crowell last year and don't have a true tailback need so they have the luxury of only offering the top 5 in the class and then moving on if no one bites ... GT if I recall has about 4 possibly 5 frosh or soph tailbacks that they are very happy with right now. The GT people I talk to insist they are pushing hard for the next Calvin Johnson more than they are worried about a tailback. Also with the #1 RB in the state going to Florida (Davis from Stephenson) and Moon (Davis' backup from Stephenson) going to FIU it helps to increase our odds with Morris. FSU was never interested and Miami is trying to win the Wes Brown sweepstakes so other than Vandy or Tennessee he won't get much SEC/ACC love down here. I am willing to bet Arkansas is banking on signing Lynch and Bama already has 2 RBs committed to this class.

Actually after a double check Tennessee has two RB commits ... both from GA already.

He may be a step slower than what the SEC would want for an RB. He would be perfect for us. He's got the size and speed that would be perfect for the back we're looking for to be an all-purpose back and get 25 carries a game. How are his hands?

He may be a step slower than what the SEC would want for an RB. He would be perfect for us. He's got the size and speed that would be perfect for the back we're looking for to be an all-purpose back and get 25 carries a game. How are his hands?

Hands are average from what I understand his speed isn't as bad as the film would suggest ... he plays in 5A the highest level of ball here ... some of those guys he is squaring off with have elite high school speed ... he is not a burner like Demps but I bet you he is equivalent in footspeed or just a touch slower than Isiah Crowell who was the top RB in last year's class. Some of those guys you see in that film playing defense are the top defenders in the state and going to SEC schools and some of those guys could even chase down Trent Richardson. I wouldn't worry too much about Morris' speed.

Late bloomer at RB. Those schools prolly identify their primary RB targets when they're freshman and sophomores (the good ones usually show it early) and close the deal quickly. Plus if you look at GM's junior film, while it was impressive, you can clearly see he improved his senior year. This kid is just scratching the surface as a running back.

With Smallwood reportedly coming in too, that's a nice haul at RB. Three diverse talents but all 3 look like playmakers.
Smallwood won't be at SU next season.

I like this kid's video more than any other SU RB recruit's video I've seen in the past few years.

I thought I saw a post a few days ago saying that he was going to qualify/make it in January? Did I imagine that or was that post incorrect? Not challenging your info, just asking...

It is being reported by the Milford coach that he will indeed "qualify" and be at SU next season with Broyld.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom