Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

The kid Jamison just got drafted in the 7th in April didn't he? Or did he go undrafted after leaving a year early?
Jamison was drafted by the Skins. And Joe Martinek was most recently on the Giants practice squad but now he's a FA.

Rutgers has 31 players in the NFL, 7 of which are at Tampa Bay - not a coincidence I'm sure. That includes offseason FA's that may get cut prior to finalization of rosters. Rutgers has Rice, Leonard and now Jamison in the league as RB's.

Syracuse has 17 and only 1 with the Bills - so no real bias there. We have DC and Fiametta right now.

Rutgers has 31 players in the NFL, 7 of which are at Tampa Bay - not a coincidence I'm sure. That includes offseason FA's that may get cut prior to finalization of rosters. Rutgers has Rice, Leonard and now Jamison in the league as RB's.

Syracuse has 17 and only 1 with the Bills - so no real bias there. We have DC and Fiametta right now.

I might add that Rutgers is coming off their most successful stretch in program history, while Syracuse is doing the opposite.

Those numbers are sure to change in the coming years. I have no doubt in my mind.

I might add that Rutgers is coming off their most successful stretch in program history, while Syracuse is doing the opposite.

Those numbers are sure to change in the coming years. I have no doubt in my mind.

Given the fact we have Jerome Smtih and PTG both of whom I expect to see as pros in the near future, I agree with you there

If they're pros, Delone Carter and Curtis Brinkley are All-Pros.
I'm just saying, they made it to the NFL and are earning a paycheck with the signature of a billionaire on it. Never said they will amount to anything better than a body on a practice team. You only asked if Rutgers has put RB's in the NFL, not if they did anything worth noting.

I'm just saying, they made it to the NFL and are earning a paycheck with the signature of a billionaire on it. Never said they will amount to anything better than a body on a practice team. You only asked if Rutgers has put RB's in the NFL, not if they did anything worth noting.

Considering Jamison was a 7th rounder (many don't make the team) and Martinek was just practice fodder, I don't consider that making it in the NFL. Nothing personal against your post.

Given the fact we have Jerome Smtih and PTG both of whom I expect to see as pros in the near future, I agree with you there
Smith yes, PTG will not make an NFL squad in my opinion

Smith yes, PTG will not make an NFL squad in my opinion
I agree he is too frail to take a chance on with a contract. Regardless of how he gets hurt it seems to happen with regularity. He isn't "that" fast to make him a slot receiver. His power is dubious at best so I don't see it happening . He has had one great game with us comingI n the last Pinstripe Bowl game which admittedly a great show on his part but not enough to get him into the NFL.:oops:

I agree he is too frail to take a chance on with a contract. Regardless of how he gets hurt it seems to happen with regularity. He isn't "that" fast to make him a slot receiver. His power is dubious at best so I don't see it happening . He has had one great game with us comingI n the last Pinstripe Bowl game which admittedly a great show on his part but not enough to get him into the NFL.:oops:

Well his eligibility isn't up yet, and he has a chance to build off that pinstripe bowl. If he is a great 1-2 punch with Jerome this year, PTG will get drafted by somebody in the late rounds.

Well his eligibility isn't up yet, and he has a chance to build off that pinstripe bowl. If he is a great 1-2 punch with Jerome this year, PTG will get drafted by somebody in the late rounds.

My glasses are tinted orange, and PTG will still not get drafted.

My glasses are tinted orange, and PTG will still not get drafted.

Maybe I'm just expecting a bigger jump forward from him than most, but if he can put up 800-1000 yards behind Jerome's 1100-1200 (which is doable given our incredible need to be a dominant ground team this year) and makes some big plays here and there, he's got a shot.

For comparisons sake, PTG put up 830 yards a year ago, while Jerome Smith ran for 1171. And that was on a pass first team, desperate to move the ball through the air with Nassib. Take Nassib and proven receivers away, I think it's a good guess we try to tote the rock next year, I could easily see more than 2000, and maybe even 2500 yards on the ground between PTG and Jerome.

Maybe I'm just expecting a bigger jump forward from him than most, but if he can put up 800-1000 yards behind Jerome's 1100-1200 (which is doable given our incredible need to be a dominant ground team this year) and makes some big plays here and there, he's got a shot.

For comparisons sake, PTG put up 830 yards a year ago, while Jerome Smith ran for 1171. And that was on a pass first team, desperate to move the ball through the air with Nassib. Take Nassib and proven receivers away, I think it's a good guess we try to tote the rock next year, I could easily see more than 2000 yards on the ground between PTG and Jerome.

You've also got to take into consideration that the reason we ran the ball in chunks was because we were a pass first team. We are not nearly as productive on the ground last year without Nassib's efficiency.

You've also got to take into consideration that the reason we ran the ball in chunks was because we were a pass first team. We are not nearly as productive on the ground last year without Nassib's efficiency.

Not in a yards per carry piece no. If we run the ball the exact same number of times, our total yardage will undoubtedly be worse. But since we will be a run first team, we will run the ball a lot more than a year ago. The RBs on this team are the undeniable strength IMO. It would be stupid not to hand them the rock and let them roll.

Not in a yards per carry piece no. If we run the ball the exact same number of times, our total yardage will undoubtedly be worse. But since we will be a run first team, we will run the ball a lot more than a year ago. The RBs on this team are the undeniable strength IMO. It would be stupid not to hand them the rock and let them roll.

Not disagreeing that they are the strength, I think that's undeniable. At least, right now anyway. It's good to be having these discussions, sign of progress. I think our offense will be very productive this year.

Not disagreeing that they are the strength, I think that's undeniable. At least, right now anyway. It's good to be having these discussions, sign of progress. I think our offense will be very productive this year.

Honestly, and I think any SU fan would agree, if we can't run the ball we will not win many games this year, unless Drew Allen turns into Andrew Luck, and I think everybody would agree that's unlikely.

For comparisons sake, PTG put up 830 yards a year ago, while Jerome Smith ran for 1171. And that was on a pass first team, desperate to move the ball through the air with Nassib. Take Nassib and proven receivers away, I think it's a good guess we try to tote the rock next year, I could easily see more than 2000, and maybe even 2500 yards on the ground between PTG and Jerome.

I'm not sure PTG will get the same number of carries but I think he'll be more involved in the passing game. I think QB, GM2, and DMac29 will all take some carries and I can't see Rome losing carries.

The amount of yardage someone rushes for in college has very little, if not anything, to do with their respective NFL projection. PTG would have to be a scat back in the NFL, and he isn't fast enough to do so.

Now with that being said, I am truly hopeful that both he and Jerome combine for 2500 yards this year. :)

The amount of yardage someone rushes for in college has very little, if not anything, to do with their respective NFL projection. PTG would have to be a scat back in the NFL, and he isn't fast enough to do so.

Now with that being said, I am truly hopeful that both he and Jerome combine for 2500 yards this year. :)

WVU thinks PTG is fast enough. He had a few 50+ yarders last year so he's not slow. I'm not saying he'll make a roster but in a multiple back league where guys like Danny Woodhead can hang around for years I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he did. The main thing for him will be playing a full year healthy as well as continue to be productive. If he houses a 50 yarder vs State Penn in the opener I'm sure some nfl folks will look a bit harder at him. They'll be in the house to check out Rome, Bromley, Lyn, etc anyway.

Just to be clear, I by no means was downplaying the abilities of PTG. I think he is a very good back in college. I love his work ethic and have seen him progress since his freshman year in a nice fashion. I just do not think he is quick enough for the NFL at his size, but I do hope he proves me wrong.

Our running game was great because Nassib and his ability to throw the ball. It made teams respect both. They couldnt just load up to stop the run. We were not predictable. We ran when they were not expecting us to run and we threw when they didn't expect us to. If Drew/Terrell can be effective with the intermediate routes, plus WR, RB screens, and occasional bomb to West, Kobena, Clark. Thats's all we need. Our running game could be better than last year if we can pose some type of threat with the passing game.

Lets wait to see on PTG. He may have another great year. May get drafted late or sign as a FA. There could be some team that need a scat back type on 3rd down situations or something. There are plenty of backs that have that role in the NFL. I dont think anyone is expecting him to be an every down back in the league. 3 years ago if you told me he was going to run for over 800 yards as a jr. I would have laughed. He has over exceeded my expectations already. I compare him to Dee Brown, McIntosh, Malcolm Thomas. Did they make it to the league? Not sure. I would appreciate it if someone can look that up.

PTG has the same shot at making the NFL as SU has of going 4-0 into the Clempson game. Depending on who you ask, and how the season rolls those percentages of possibility change daily.
Watch for Penn st. to load the line until one of our QB's proves themselves. In my opinion the outcome depends mostly on them, not the RB's. I'm thinking ballsy deep ball on the first play to throw a wrench into their game plan.

*Edit* I mean, come on Ish! Declare Cuse and we'll love you forever!

Lets wait to see on PTG. He may have another great year. May get drafted late or sign as a FA. There could be some team that need a scat back type on 3rd down situations or something. There are plenty of backs that have that role in the NFL. I dont think anyone is expecting him to be an every down back in the league. 3 years ago if you told me he was going to run for over 800 yards as a jr. I would have laughed. He has over exceeded my expectations already. I compare him to Dee Brown, McIntosh, Malcolm Thomas. Did they make it to the league? Not sure. I would appreciate it if someone can look that up.

Dee Brown played 3 years in the NFL (Carolina and KC). Thomas played one year in NFL Europe, while Kyle McIntosh didn't play after SU as far as I can tell.