Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Dee Brown played 3 years in the NFL (Carolina and KC). Thomas played one year in NFL Europe, while Kyle McIntosh didn't play after SU as far as I can tell.
I think Dee Brown was as small or smaller than PTG. Anything is possible, but it's not likely. The important things is that he stays healthy and gives us the versatility in the offense that we need.

I think Dee Brown was as small or smaller than PTG. Anything is possible, but it's not likely. The important things is that he stays healthy and gives us the versatility in the offense that we need.

I think the numbers game works in his favor. Less 1 RB teams and more 2 and 3 RB backfields being employed.

#COMPETE@core6athletes 17h
This has to be a record year for early commits. Get ready for decommits.

Mmm, I hope the kids that gave a verbal to SU stick. Do not like that tweet at all.

Mmm, I hope the kids that gave a verbal to SU stick. Do not like that tweet at all.
I think it's just an observation that so many kids have committed early this year and that Schools will come calling later to fill their spots. Cuts both ways. A lot of Schools are almost full, while we still have the spots.

If memory serves me right, Dee Brown was considerably bigger than PTG. I think he was listed at 6-feet or 6'1" and over 200 pounds.

If memory serves me right, Dee Brown was considerably bigger than PTG. I think he was listed at 6-feet or 6'1" and over 200 pounds.

That's correct. He was more like 5-11, but he was a bigger back in terms of overall size.

Dee Brown is one of my favorite all time SU players. Loved watching that kid play.

And as coincidence would have it, I saw him play against the Cleveland Browns one time in a late season game. Dee played for Carolina. B0th teams sucked and were decimated by injuries, so Dee got the start--and he proceeded to get something like 30 carries. Gouged the Browns--had a great game.

I was the only one in the stadium rooting for Dee Brown as he continued to pound the ball in between the tackles.

I'll be honest, whenever I hear the name dee brown I think back to I believe it was the NC State game in the dome and he jumped at the goaline lost the ball and state took it back for a touchdown and we lost by 2 I believe. That one hurt

I'll be honest, whenever I hear the name dee brown I think back to I believe it was the NC State game in the dome and he jumped at the goaline lost the ball and state took it back for a touchdown and we lost by 2 I believe. That one hurt

You believe wrong.

Tie game. Brown fumbles at the goal line. Game goes to OT.

SU scores a TD first. NC State answers, goes for a 2 point conversion and wins 32-31.

Did you know that Brown finished the rest of his SU career without another fumble.

Ahh, I was 9 years old at the time. Im going to give myself a little pat on the back lol. Wasnt there another game Cuse lost Soley because of a returned 2 point conversion around the same time.

There were six or seven losses over a four year span that should have never happened

In hindsight kept Cuse from upper echelon status late 90's

Ahh, I was 9 years old at the time. Im going to give myself a little pat on the back lol. Wasnt there another game Cuse lost Soley because of a returned 2 point conversion around the same time.

Va Tech ran back a 2 point conversion in 1998, but SU won anyways.

Pitt did that to us, though I have no idea what year.

Maybe I'm just expecting a bigger jump forward from him than most, but if he can put up 800-1000 yards behind Jerome's 1100-1200 (which is doable given our incredible need to be a dominant ground team this year) and makes some big plays here and there, he's got a shot.

For comparisons sake, PTG put up 830 yards a year ago, while Jerome Smith ran for 1171. And that was on a pass first team, desperate to move the ball through the air with Nassib. Take Nassib and proven receivers away, I think it's a good guess we try to tote the rock next year, I could easily see more than 2000, and maybe even 2500 yards on the ground between PTG and Jerome.
This will depend greatly on a decent passing game. We had success running because Nassib was burning the secondary for much of the year. To me at least, it is vital to have decent QB play in order for the run game to be this prolific. We also need to be playing with the lead allot. We won't have to wait long with the first two games we have to kick off the season.

Va Tech ran back a 2 point conversion in 1998, but SU won anyways.

I believe McNabb chased him down and tackled him inside the 5 to prevent the points. Dug ourselves out of a huge first half hole. Brominski with the TE throwback catch, a Pasq. signature play, as time expires for the W. Was sitting in that end zone. Great day to be Orange. That game ultimately won us the BE Championship.

I believe McNabb chased him down and tackled him inside the 5 to prevent the points. Dug ourselves out of a huge first half hole. Brominski with the TE throwback catch, a Pasq. signature play, as time expires for the W. Was sitting in that end zone. Great day to be Orange. That game ultimately won us the BE Championship.

http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2007/4/11/vtbox11.14.98.aspx#GAME.SUM

McNabb tackled a VT player on the 5 ... except that he lateraled to another for the score.

Pitt did that to us, though I have no idea what year.
1990, which was Marvin Graves first year starting. We had two ties in a row that year, Pittsburgh and Michigan State, both games that were given away. That blocked kick allowed Pitt led by Alex Van Pelt to tie it up with a touchdown and their own 2 point conversion. Very frustrating year to watch SU football with a couple of wins given away. Barely made it to the Aloha Bowl and Coach Mac was heading down I-90 to Foxboro shortly after.

1990, which was Marvin Graves first year starting. We had two ties in a row that year, Pittsburgh and Michigan State, both games that were given away. That blocked kick allowed Pitt led by Alex Van Pelt to tie it up with a touchdown and their own 2 point conversion. Very frustrating year to watch SU football with a couple of wins given away. Barely made it to the Aloha Bowl and Coach Mac was heading down I-90 to Foxboro shortly after.
But what an Aloha Bowl! Harbinger of things to come.