Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

How about your 1st Pinstripe?How much did FHCDM downgrade your schedule to JUST get eligible?Smoke and mirrors... Pot or kettle?

Rutgers is the king of downgraded scheduling:

2008 8-5
Fresno State (Lost)
North Carolina (Lost)
@ Navy (Lost)
Morgan State (Won)
Army (Won)

2009 9-4 (Good for you! You must have won the BE. Nope 3-4)
Howard (Won)
Florida International (Won)
@ Maryland (Won)
Texas Southern (Won)
@ Army (Won)

2010 4-8
Norfolk State (Won)
@ Florida International (Won)
North Carolina (Lost)
Tulane (Lost - Yikes!)
Army (Won)

2011 9-4 (Surely this won the BE. Nope 4-3)
North Carolina Central (Won)
@ North Carolina (Lost)
Ohio (Won)
Navy (Won)
Army (Won)

2012 9-4 (You won the BE! Along with us! Congratulations.)
@ Tulane (Won)
Howard (Won)
@ Arkansas (Won - You and ULM!)
Kent State (Lost)
Army (Won)

@You have the audacity to use Groober's quotes?How convienient when you like whats he's selling as opposed to the fact that everything he said didn't come to fruition!He also said "were gonna out recruit RU's tail off "!How did that work out?How about your 1st Pinstripe?How much did FHCDM downgrade your schedule to JUST get eligible?Smoke and mirrors... Pot or kettle?

That "downgrade" of a schedule included a win over Rutgers. Was that win the smoke or the mirror..or maybe it was the pot?

it's too bad McDonald wasn't around. Would have been nice for him to meet and talk with the OC, who is arguably our best recruiter. Still think Witter is Orange.

Didn't see the tweet before...now I know why McDonald wasn't around. Interesting all the time the staff is taking with pro teams/coaches.

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald 23 Jul
#cusenation life can't get any better spending next 7 days with the Atlanta Falcons can't wait to share this with CUSE players #FBJUNKIE

Rutgers is the king of downgraded scheduling:

2008 8-5
Fresno State (Lost)
North Carolina (Lost)
@ Navy (Lost)
Morgan State (Won)
Army (Won)

2009 9-4 (Good for you! You must have won the BE. Nope 3-4)
Howard (Won)
Florida International (Won)
@ Maryland (Won)
Texas Southern (Won)
@ Army (Won)

2010 4-8
Norfolk State (Won)
@ Florida International (Won)
North Carolina (Lost)
Tulane (Lost - Yikes!)
Army (Won)

2011 9-4 (Surely this won the BE. Nope 4-3)
North Carolina Central (Won)
@ North Carolina (Lost)
Ohio (Won)
Navy (Won)
Army (Won)

2012 9-4 (You won the BE! Along with us! Congratulations.)
@ Tulane (Won)
Howard (Won)
@ Arkansas (Won - You and ULM!)
Kent State (Lost)
Army (Won)

Check mate.jpg

McDonald is studying the Falcons offense while Floyd shows Witter his plans to make him the next Ishtar. The offensive players are going to love playing for McDonald and it is only going to get better.

Didn't see the tweet before...now I know why McDonald wasn't around. Interesting all the time the staff is taking with pro teams/coaches.

#cusenation life can't get any better spending next 7 days with the Atlanta Falcons can't wait to share this with CUSE players #FBJUNKIE

It's unique because you usually see the NFL guys coming to college coaches for innovation.

From what I could find on Atlanta's offense, which was really successful last year in Dirk Koetter's first season as the Falcon OC. They run a no huddle, fast paced offense, with a strong commitment to the run game and a heavy reliance on a vertical passing game as well.

It sounds a lot like what DM and NH were doing at Syracuse last season.

Linkage

McDonald is studying the Falcons offense while Floyd shows Witter his plans to make him the next Ishtar.

Ishtar as in one of the biggest box office flops in history?

From what I could find on Atlanta's offense, which was really successful last year in Dirk Koetter's first season as the Falcon OC. They run a no huddle, fast paced offense, with a strong commitment to the run game and a heavy reliance on a vertical passing game as well.

Linkage

And it was Harbaugh that they visited earlier this year?

@You have the audacity to use Groober's quotes?How convienient when you like whats he's selling as opposed to the fact that everything he said didn't come to fruition!He also said "were gonna out recruit RU's tail off "!How did that work out?How about your 1st Pinstripe?How much did FHCDM downgrade your schedule to JUST get eligible?Smoke and mirrors... Pot or kettle?

Are you referring to the year that SU scheduled 2 BCS teams OOC and still qualified for a bowl and then beat a BCS team with a winning record in their bowl game? Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but in looking back through their results over the years - rutgers has exactly 1 (ONE) victory against a team with a winning record from any of the non big east BCS conferences in the history of the BCS era. They did beat a 7-5 K-State team in the Texas Bowl (hooray) for their big signature OOC win. So a team that finished 7-6 is their signature BCS OOC win, and of course they didn't schedule that game themselves.

Hopefully, Aug. 1, we can all look like the folks in this commercial..:) You look like .... you just heard from Ish Witter...

Linkage

@How about this century?

Are you referring to the year that SU scheduled 2 BCS teams OOC and still qualified for a bowl and then beat a BCS team with a winning record in their bowl game? Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but in looking back through their results over the years - rutgers has exactly 1 (ONE) victory against a team with a winning record from any of the non big east BCS conferences in the history of the BCS era. They did beat a 7-5 K-State team in the Texas Bowl (hooray) for their big signature OOC win. So a team that finished 7-6 is their signature BCS OOC win, and of course they didn't schedule that game themselves.
@But we've beaten you 6 out the last 8!!

@Still robbing teams like Akron?And having the nerve to keep the obvious loss as a W?shameful what you'll do when desperate!

This is the recruiting board. Please keep all beaten-into-the-ground non-recruiting-related topics on the main Syracuse Football discussion page.

Thank you.

30-12-1

Perfectly, succinctly, and comprehensively displays the ignorance of stupid-ass Rutgers "fans."

Ignore list +1

This guy definitely needs to get banned.

Well, yes he is stupid, he thinks thinks this is twitter, he uses @ all the time.

F BUTTGERS!!!

I havent posted on this forum in a while but I still enjoy the info the regular posters provide. I came across this thread hoping for an update on Ish and saw a debate with what appears to be a Rutgers fan who is actually posting here. My question is why even waste time responding to this person. Rutgers is not really a Syracuse rival they are not in the same leauge as us in anything. We are ahead of them in academics (US News), basketball and lacrosse they aren't even in the same playing field as us and football we are 30-12-1 (as pointed out previously) with a national championship and heisman winner, they cant compete with that. Why even waste one second responding to that poster. Hoping to hear some good news on ish! GO ORANGE!