Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Yeah mods, it's time to toss this good for nothing buttgers poster off this board.

Or we will unleash more edowd on him!

Sorry to get this thread back on topic. For those of you who like to analyze tweets. Yesterday was, "had a great time at Rutgers! #chop #family".Followed by today's, "had a good time at Syracuse!#Cuse". Have at it.

Sorry to get this thread back on topic. For those of you who like to analyze tweets. Yesterday was, "had a great time at Rutgers! #chop #family".Followed by today's, "had a good time at Syracuse!#Cuse". Have at it.
He spelled f.a.m.i.l.y. wrong.

He used exclamation points for each! I don't know what to think!

Not to read too much into the last two twits, but sounds positive. Almost like his mind was already made up. Rutgirls tried hard to make an impression. He politely acknowledged, then played his cards close to the chest. Think he's ours.

FWIW from NJ.com...Oh and Syracuses' facilities are excellent...RU just nice.;)

Rutgers Recruiting

Alonso (Fla.) class of 2014 running back, Ish Witter, has broken down his list of multiple offers to a top three of Rutgers, Syracuse and Missouri. Last Monday, the 5-8, 180-pounder – along with his older brother and young nephew – embarked upon a visit tour that took him to Rutgers and Syracuse on consecutive days. Witter, who estimates he spent five hours on each campus, reached out to NJ.com to share the details of each trip.
Witter begin with the Scarlet Knights, who appear to have made an impression.
"I loved Rutgers, the campus was beautiful," said Witter. "It was a very family-oriented program, with real good facilities. Coach Panagos is real cool and I got to see coach (Norries) Wilson, again. He's a real cool guy, real funny. I talked to some of the players, good players. Just the whole facilities and the whole campus, it's a real nice place."
While on campus, Witter got to spend time with current Knights, Brandon Coleman, Janarion Grant and others. But it was the time he spent with head coach, Kyle Flood, which proved most informative.
"I met with coach Flood. We sat in his office and talked," Witter mentioned. "He just told me about the offense, where I would be on the depth chart depending on how I work and what they expect from the running back position. He also told me the best player plays, and if I go there, work my hardest, do my work in class, then I will have a chance to show what I can do."
The Syracuse Orange rolled out the red carpet for Witter. There, he also spent time with multiple members of their coaching staff and got to know more of what their program is about.
"I talked to coach Shafer (head coach), coach Daoust and coach Smith, the running backs coach; real good guys. Coach Lester showed me around the campus. It was also a real nice place, the facilities are excellent."
But when it comes to discussing which school stood out more, Witter is still playing things close to vest.
"They both have their pros and cons. I don't know what school yet, I'm still thinking about it. It's a hard decision,'' said Witter.
When asked if he felt the urge to commit while on either campus, Witter hesitated, then reluctantly replied, "Not really."
The electric scat back with big-time ability in the open-field is sticking to his August 1 decision date. His announcement will take place on Bright House network, a television channel broadcasted in Florida. The time has yet to be determined.
According to Witter, his final decision will still come down to Rutgers, Syracuse and Missouri – a school he likely will not get to visit before making his collegiate pledge.
Witter and company will remain in the area until Sunday when he returns to Tampa. They will spend Wednesday night in New Milford, Connecticut with family, and will then travel to the Bronx to spend a few days with Witter's father before vacating.
The Alonso standout also claims there is a chance he could stop by Boston College before settling in the Bronx. However, the Eagles have yet to extend an offer.
"We might stop by Boston College," he said. "We are still trying to figure it out. My brother just wants to see the campus and stuff."

it's too bad McDonald wasn't around. Would have been nice for him to meet and talk with the OC, who is arguably our best recruiter. Still think Witter is Orange.

Yeah, I had to get in a jab or two in the comment section of that article. A couple of idiots posted in favor of RU (granted, it is their paper), so I had to offer a rebuttal.

I agree I think he will be Orange. The majority of his retweets after his visit have been those of the Twitter Army. I get the impression that he went up not expecting much from Rutgers but found it "nice"..better than he thought it would be..but that doesn't mean that they sold him.

Rutgers can never reach back and talk about the tradition of their football program. There is absolutely nothing they can do about that. They are a Jonny come lately who built the perception of a winning football program by scheduling weak. Like the infamous GRob said, they are a fly by night operation.

Rutgers can never reach back and talk about the tradition of their football program. There is absolutely nothing they can do about that. They are a Jonny come lately who built the perception of a winning football program by scheduling weak. Like the infamous GRob said, they are a fly by night operation.

@But the futures ours and your time is in the misty past!!

@You have the audacity to use Groober's quotes?How convienient when you like whats he's selling as opposed to the fact that everything he said didn't come to fruition!He also said "were gonna out recruit RU's tail off "!How did that work out?How about your 1st Pinstripe?How much did FHCDM downgrade your schedule to JUST get eligible?Smoke and mirrors... Pot or kettle?

OOOOhhhhh thats really unkind!!!LMFAO..MUCH better than SU though!!
Clearly you have no concept of this game. Far as I can tell you've deluded yourself into a alternate universe where someone somewhere cares about RU anything. You guys truly are and will perpetually be nothing. That's just reality.

This dude is on the crack.

And what is it with him using the @?

@You have the audacity to use Groober's quotes?How convienient when you like whats he's selling as opposed to the fact that everything he said didn't come to fruition!He also said "were gonna out recruit RU's tail off "!How did that work out?How about your 1st Pinstripe?How much did FHCDM downgrade your schedule to JUST get eligible?Smoke and mirrors... Pot or kettle?

As a Rutgers fan you really don't want to talk about downgrading schedules here. We know who you schedule and also know that our down year in scheduling was an abberition and still netted a tougher OOC schedule than you play most every season. Has Rutgers every played multiple bcs teams ooc? We've got 2 this year which equals the number of bcs opponents on you're entire 2013 schedule. We played 4 last year while you were again slumming with the Norfolk states of the world.

If Rutgers loses more than 2 games this year it will be a massive failure. Agree?

This is not Twitter, Little Nicky. No need for the @ sign.

A Rutgers fan talking about downgraded schedules?

I don't mind scheduling either a MAC team or a 1-AA team or Army or Navy in any particular season. In 2011 Rutgers played all 4.