Class of 2018 - RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Atlanta NIKE combine last spring they timed him at 4.65 in the 40. With a really good 4.27 shuttle. Two track times I've found are 11.16 100 meter and 10.76 maybe ? (I posted it in this thread somewhere.) Seems to be a specimen of an athlete when you throw in the 40" vertical jump, at 5-10 202.

His Atlanta combine rating was good for 3rd overall and his SPARQ was one of the highest I've ever seen, it was 118.26. In fact, his combine numbers ranked #39 in the entire country.

Check out the link.

National Leader Board
Nike Football The Opening

Atlanta Leader Board

Here's hoping it translates.

Have we had a kid in recent memory with a higher SPARQ?

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post this questions so I figured replying here might be as applicable as anywhere but, I was wondering on an official visit what is the process (if any) allowed for determining a kids measurements/numbers/times? Is there a mini combine so to speak that the recruits are put through to test their measurables? Or is that not allowed? I was always curious about that.

When a staff offers a kid after a official visit do they have quantifiable data that they acquired during the visit (weight, height, 40 time, etc.) that weighs into that decision, or is it more of just the "look test" and personality that they go off of?

Official visit is just a tour. They can measure a kids height and weight, but football specific drills(times, etc.) Are not permissable. The school can run drills/times at their own camp, or other camps they visited(think combine) Nike times , or other laser timed are deemed reliable.

Before offering an official the school will have gathered an enormous amount of info on the kid. They may have been speaking to him for a year+, a few times a week. The info you are asking about was gathered very early in the process.

Kool-aid Man

:gavel:
bICzyFFyhhfl.jpg

I strenuously object. Move to reconsider.

At the Atlanta NIKE combine last spring they timed him at 4.65 in the 40. With a really good 4.27 shuttle. Two track times I've found are 11.16 100 meter and 10.76 maybe ? (I posted it in this thread somewhere.) Seems to be a specimen of an athlete when you throw in the 40" vertical jump, at 5-10 202.

His Atlanta combine rating was good for 3rd overall and his SPARQ was one of the highest I've ever seen, it was 118.26. In fact, his combine numbers ranked #39 in the entire country.

Check out the link.

National Leader Board

Atlanta Leader Board

Here's hoping it translates.
Looks an awful lot like a back who ran all over everyone this year...as a freshman:
IMG_20180130_122319.jpg

The 2 guys ahead of him on sparq list in Atlanta and the two guys directly below him are all 4 star recruits, I don't know how he fell to us but I am liking it. Good comparison on the Dillon numbers too!

Have we had a kid in recent memory with a higher SPARQ?

not to my knowledge ever.

(I'm thinking somewhere in the 90's and would be hard pressed to find a kid over 100, maybe 1 or 2 but rare.)

Last edited:
Looks an awful lot like a back who ran all over everyone this year...as a freshman:
View attachment 121079

at 230#s. Holy schnike, no wonder he ran all over everybody. wouldn't mind half of that.

Hate to heap unfair expectations on JH (starting to sound like the Markenzie Pierre thread from last year and he's just been written off lol.) But what we need is competition, adding Dixon and Howard to go with Pierre is needed going into August. The creme will rise to the top.

at 230#s. Holy schnike, no wonder he ran all over everybody. wouldn't mind half of that.

Hate to heap unfair expectations on JH (starting to sound like the Markenzie Pierre thread from last year and he's just been written off lol.) But what we need is competition, adding Dixon and Howard to go with Pierre is needed going into August. The creme will rise to the top.
Precisely my thoughts. Same with the WR position as well. Crowding the skills position with talent will do nothing but help the team

Whatever you call him in the privacy of your own home is cool, but Koolaid man is not going to catch on. It's a pretty objectively horrible nickname.
Kool Aid. 100% effective in turning your poop green.

not to my knowledge ever.

Here are the ones I could find from the last class and the 2018 class:

2017 Class
Allen Stritzinger - 108.39
Tommy DeVito - 107.04
Cameron Jordan - 101.25
Nykeim Johnson - 100.2
Markenzy Pierre - 98.85
Kadeem Trotter - 93.96
Russel Thompson - Bishop - 86.76
Sharod Johnson - 84.72
Ifeatu Melifonwu - 82.92
Curtis Harper - 82.77
Zach Morton - 81.42
Chris Elmore - 35.61

2018 Class
Jarveon Howard - 118.26
Andre Cisco - 108.72
Cameron Jonas - 85.05
Trill Williams - 70.59

Last edited:
It appears that way, but the Sparq numbers would indicate equivalence.
I have no idea how that is calculated. Does it take into comsideration size or is it just the speed/power/agility measurements without regard for size?

Here are the ones I could find from the last class and the 2018 class:

2017 Class
Allen Stritzinger - 108.39
Tommy DeVito - 107.04
Cameron Jordan - 101.25
Nykeim Johnson - 100.2
Markenzy Pierre - 98.85
Kadeem Trotter - 93.96
Russel Thompson - Bishop - 86.76
Sharod Johnson - 84.72
Ifeatu Melifonwu - 82.92
Curtis Harper - 82.77
Zach Morton - 81.42
Chris Elmore - 35.61

2018 Class
Jarveon Howard - 118.26
Andre Cisco - 108.72
Cameron Jonas - 85.05
Trill Williams - 70.59

good stuff thanks. I didn't realize that last class scored so high.

good stuff thanks. I didn't realize that last class scored so high.

I culled these from ESPN profiles, so I don't know if they retested or not or the dates. Trill's seems remarkably low.

I culled these from ESPN profiles, so I don't know if they retested or not or the dates. Trill's seems remarkably low.

Wasn't Trill still coming back from an ACL injury?

I also remember his bench being kinda "meh", then improving pretty solidly in a short-ish period of time.

His best days are ahead of him.

Wasn't Trill still coming back from an ACL injury?

I also remember his bench being kinda "meh", then improving pretty solidly in a short-ish period of time.

His best days are ahead of him.
I think they were from his Sophomore year, 2016. Guessing he wasn't healed, next time they came around(2017). His 40 has improved 4 tenths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom