Class of 2018 - RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall call him Juice

You are going to call our newest RB recruit by the nickname of the guy who is arguably the greatest runner in NFL history and who possibly murdered his ex-wife and was convicted of armed assault, spending a decade in jail?

I love your enthusiasm but this is misguided on so many levels I don’t know where to begin. :oops:

You are going to call our newest RB recruit by the nickname of the guy who is arguably the greatest runner in NFL history and who possibly murdered his ex-wife and was convicted of armed assault, spending a decade in jail?

I love your enthusiasm but this is misguided on so many levels I don’t know where to begin. :oops:
Ah forogot about that one and to my defense that was before my time and theres been football players nicknamed juice since.

Koolaid man it is

Whatever you call him in the privacy of your own home is cool, but Koolaid man is not going to catch on. It's a pretty objectively horrible nickname.
Lil Bo

Ah forogot about that one and to my defense that was before my time and theres been football players nicknamed juice since.

Koolaid man it is
Oh, man. I am loving this

Nope, room for 3.

Howard, Dixon, and Salahuddin (if he wants in).

There's always room for Salahuddin but it's a heck of a coincidence that Howard announced yesterday. Maybe it has nothing to do with Sala and it was just Howard coming of his last visit and knowing 100% but with the development its hard not to think it's because Salahuddin is headed to Pitt. I'll never count HCDB out and we'll have an in-home, plus we have this big Woodson tie-in all of a sudden but heck of a coincidence.

Whatever you call him in the privacy of your own home is cool, but Koolaid man is not going to catch on. It's a pretty objectively horrible nickname.
1Hw5.gif

Agreed. Just getting a RB with legit 4,5 40 speed, who isn't going to get caught from behind, is great. That he already weighs over 200 pounds and runs over people, is awesome. Then you look at the film and see his ability to save blown up plays with quick decisions, great cuts and elite acceleration and wow! Any RB can score when given a big hole and a running start. The plays where he gets big gains with no hole are what separates him from other RBs.

At the Atlanta NIKE combine last spring they timed him at 4.65 in the 40. With a really good 4.27 shuttle. Two track times I've found are 11.16 100 meter and 10.76 maybe ? (I posted it in this thread somewhere.) Seems to be a specimen of an athlete when you throw in the 40" vertical jump, at 5-10 202.

His Atlanta combine rating was good for 3rd overall and his SPARQ was one of the highest I've ever seen, it was 118.26. In fact, his combine numbers ranked #39 in the entire country.

Check out the link.

National Leader Board
Nike Football The Opening

Atlanta Leader Board

Here's hoping it translates.

Last edited:
There's always room for Salahuddin but it's a heck of a coincidence that Howard announced yesterday. Maybe it has nothing to do with Sala and it was just Howard coming of his last visit and knowing 100% but with the development its hard not to think it's because Salahuddin is headed to Pitt. I'll never count HCDB out and we'll have an in-home, plus we have this big Woodson tie-in all of a sudden but heck of a coincidence.
It 100% is unrelated.

So when have we ever had a football scholarship athlete at Syracuse? I can't think of any.

you're a good kid, but maybe nicknames just aren't your thing. It is best left to the professionals. Speaking of which, why hasn't OttoinGrotto been summoned here for a ruling yet?

here's a couple

Mississippi Mud Cat
Steel Magnolia

Otto is busy brainstorming im sure.

I'm thinking GAM, but said like "Jam".

I'll leave the acronymic enigma to the pros.

The H Train... In all seriousness, the kid will get his nickname like every other kid. He'll earn it.

Ran a 4.42 40.
10.7 100m
370 bench
520 squat
40 vertical

Ran a 4.4 at Alabama, and Saban pulled him aside, and gave him a campus tour on the spot. Public story... Google his name and Alabama.

Last edited:
At the Atlanta NIKE combine last spring they timed him at 4.65 in the 40. With a really good 4.27 shuttle. Two track times I've found are 11.16 100 meter and 10.97 maybe ? (I posted it in this thread somewhere.) Seems to be a specimen of an athlete when you throw in the 40" vertical jump, at 5-10 202.

His Atlanta combine rating was good for 3rd overall and his SPARQ was one of the highest I've ever seen, it was 118.26. In fact, his combine numbers ranked #39 in the entire country. Check out the link.

National Leader Board

Atlanta Lead Board

Here's hoping it translates.

I didn't know where to post this questions so I figured replying here might be as applicable as anywhere but, I was wondering on an official visit what is the process (if any) allowed for determining a kids measurements/numbers/times? Is there a mini combine so to speak that the recruits are put through to test their measurables? Or is that not allowed? I was always curious about that.

When a staff offers a kid after a official visit do they have quantifiable data that they acquired during the visit (weight, height, 40 time, etc.) that weighs into that decision, or is it more of just the "look test" and personality that they go off of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom