Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

That's cool. There is no position where height is more overrated than RB.
True, unfortunately I think the 185lb is inflated too.
He will need a year or two in S&C...
Except, we don't have the time to wait, so he will play immediately...

True, unfortunately I think the 185lb is inflated too.
He will need a year or two in S&C...
Except, we don't have the time to wait, so he will play immediately...
I don't expect him to carry the load at RB as a freshman but I think he could have an impact returning kicks. His size would fine there right off the bat.

Last edited:
I'm hoping he is "lightning" to Pierre's "thunder" next season...

cusefandu and Cuse 91…. if you have been following all the information on Jawhar since he committed to us then you already know he stopped running track specifically the 100 which he excelled at the state meet in AZ to concentrate on developing his football skills, his body and weight for this season and beyond.

Hopefully he will be the lightening. He is already in AZ and has said he is fully IN to coming home to play ball with us and be everything we expect. I think he will be. Nothing but positives from a kid who can run a 40 in 4.37 as a high school senior.

Excited, yes. (But, he is 5'11" like AJ Long was 6'2")

his height and weight were NIKE verified AND one from the US Army Combine. If both are true his weight fluxates pretty good but not out of the question.

I have no doubt that he'll be near 185 by the time he enrolls here.

Stats from the LA Opening combine: Nike Football The Opening

5-11 150
4.48 (40) - (his forty time ranked #3 at the combine)
4.25 Shuttle
35 (PB)
36.1 (VJ)
Rating 98.79 (good for #28 ranked at the combine)

This article published April 8, says he's 5-11 168 (verified at the US Army Combine) and he states he ran a 4.37 a the Opening.

Interview: Arizona 2018 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. 4.37 Speed Blazing Path on Recruiting Trail

Last edited:
his height and weight were NIKE verified AND one from the US Army Combine. If both are true his weight fluxates pretty good but not out of the question.

I have no doubt that he'll be near 185 by the time he enrolls here.

Stats from the LA Opening combine: Nike Football The Opening

5-11 150
4.48 (40) - (his forty time ranked #3 at the combine)
4.25 Shuttle
35 (PB)
36.1 (VJ)
Rating 98.79 (good for #28 ranked at the combine)

This article published April 8, says he's 5-11 168 (verified at the US Army Combine) and he states he ran a 4.37 a the Opening.

Interview: Arizona 2018 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. 4.37 Speed Blazing Path on Recruiting Trail
Hope you're right; I was just going on "look" test from video, obviously unscientific, he just does not look 5'11" to me. Not that it really matters...
Guess I'm just sceptical about height/weight stats after seeing other recruits. I still remember the shock of seeing AJ Long in some dorm room pics and realizing how small he was...

Last edited:
Hope you're right; I was just going on "look" test from video, obviously unscientific, he just does not look 5'11" to me. Not that it really matters...
Guess I'm just sceptical about height/weight stats after seeing other recruits. I still remember the shock of seeing AJ Long in some dorm room pics and realizing how small he was...

...you seem overly concerned with ht & wt. If you know football there is a program weight and real weight so your skepticism is probably warranted. Not all football players in this country can run a 4.37 40 as a senior in high school - he's ranked 4th nationally. If his height and weight is as is stated in the article below then you do not have to worry about it. Speed kills and with his elusiveness with next years team will destroy some of our ACC opponents IMHO.

upload_2017-9-5_23-5-9.jpg

I posted an earlier article,(the same as phat orange posted on this same page). He quit track to concentrate on building his strength and weight after committing to us. I am taking him at his word and the authors. Perhaps you should wait till he gets on campus and get your tape and scale out to make sure he measures up.

At an illegal speed of 4.37, so far, I am sure Dino will find the right place for him in the SU backfield. I’ve also included some info on SU’s Joe Morris who is only 5’7” and could only run a 4.5 but he did alright.

Hamilton's Jawhar Jordan Jr. (#25) rushes against Boulder Creek's Hunter Jaskey (#42) for a 7-yard touchdown in the second quarter of their high school football game on Friday, Aug. 18, 2017, at Boulder Creek High School in Anthem, Ariz.(Photo: Carlos Salcedo/azcentral Sports)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

This is the recap for the Hamilton-Boulder Creek football game.

What happened in the game

For the Hamilton Huskies, Jawhar Jordan rules. And runs. And breaks ankles. And slips tackles. And turns 5-yard gainers into 25-yarders.

He did it all game Friday night for 6th-ranked Hamilton, leading the Huskies to a 42-28 season-opening win over a host Boulder Creek team that did not go quietly.

Standout Performer Jawhar Jordan, Hamilton.

His 57-yard second-quarter gallop got Hamilton out of poor field position and set up his own 1-yard scamper for a score that gave Hamilton the lead for good in the second quarter.

And after Taylor Fragale recovered a Boulder Creek fumble, Jordan somehow slipped his 5-foot-11, 185-pound frame through Boulder Creek's defense on quarterback Tyler Shough's perfect screen pass execution for the TD that made it 21-7 at the half.

TWO SWIFT RUNNERS SELECTED BY GIANTS

By FRANK LITSKY

Published: April 28, 1982

The Giants, 25th in rushing and 28th and last in total offense last year, tried to remedy those situations in a hurry yesterday in the National Football League draft. On the first two rounds, they chose Harold (Butch) Woolfolk of Michigan and Joe Morris of Syracuse, two swift, durable and productive 22-year-old running backs.

''This time,'' said Young, ''we tried to do for our offense what we did for our defense last year.'' Though the Giants received strong inside running last year from Rob Carpenter at fullback, they had no outside threat. In recent weeks, they timed Morris in 4.5 seconds and Woolfolk in 4.55 for the 40-yard dash, the traditional measuring distance in pro football, and they think that speed will make a major difference.

Morris's career totals show 813 carries for 4,299 yards, the 11thhighest total in major college history. He is the Syracuse career leader, far outdistancing such Orangemen as Larry Csonka, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis and Jim Brown. He averaged 25.1 yards on 40 career kickoff returns, and he is strong enough to have bench-pressed 375 pounds.

He was selected to the Pro Bowl in '85 and '86 seasons and also received All-NFL Honors for his performance those two years. Towards the end of the 1988 season, he totaled 1,318 attempts, 5,296 yards and 48 touchdowns for the New York Giants. Morris retired from professional football in 1991 with the Cleveland Browns and finished his NFL career with 5,585 rushing yards, 111 receptions for 960 yards, and 52 touchdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
...you seem overly concerned with ht & wt. If you know football there is a program weight and real weight so your skepticism is probably warranted. Not all football players in this country can run a 4.37 40 as a senior in high school - he's ranked 4th nationally. If his height and weight is as is stated in the article below then you do not have to worry about it. Speed kills and with his elusiveness with next years team will destroy some of our ACC opponents IMHO.

View attachment 109072

I posted an earlier article,(the same as phat orange posted on this same page). He quit track to concentrate on building his strength and weight after committing to us. I am taking him at his word and the authors. Perhaps you should wait till he gets on campus and get your tape and scale out to make sure he measures up.

At an illegal speed of 4.37, so far, I am sure Dino will find the right place for him in the SU backfield. I’ve also included some info on SU’s Joe Morris who is only 5’7” and could ran a 4.5 but he did alright.

Hamilton's Jawhar Jordan Jr. (#25) rushes against Boulder Creek's Hunter Jaskey (#42) for a 7-yard touchdown in the second quarter of their high school football game on Friday, Aug. 18, 2017, at Boulder Creek High School in Anthem, Ariz.(Photo: Carlos Salcedo/azcentral Sports)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

This is the recap for the Hamilton-Boulder Creek football game.

What happened in the game

For the Hamilton Huskies, Jawhar Jordan rules. And runs. And breaks ankles. And slips tackles. And turns 5-yard gainers into 25-yarders.

He did it all game Friday night for 6th-ranked Hamilton, leading the Huskies to a 42-28 season-opening win over a host Boulder Creek team that did not go quietly.

Standout Performer Jawhar Jordan, Hamilton.

His 57-yard second-quarter gallop got Hamilton out of poor field position and set up his own 1-yard scamper for a score that gave Hamilton the lead for good in the second quarter.

And after Taylor Fragale recovered a Boulder Creek fumble, Jordan somehow slipped his 5-foot-11, 185-pound frame through Boulder Creek's defense on quarterback Tyler Shough's perfect screen pass execution for the TD that made it 21-7 at the half.

TWO SWIFT RUNNERS SELECTED BY GIANTS

By FRANK LITSKY

Published: April 28, 1982

The Giants, 25th in rushing and 28th and last in total offense last year, tried to remedy those situations in a hurry yesterday in the National Football League draft. On the first two rounds, they chose Harold (Butch) Woolfolk of Michigan and Joe Morris of Syracuse, two swift, durable and productive 22-year-old running backs.

''This time,'' said Young, ''we tried to do for our offense what we did for our defense last year.'' Though the Giants received strong inside running last year from Rob Carpenter at fullback, they had no outside threat. In recent weeks, they timed Morris in 4.5 seconds and Woolfolk in 4.55 for the 40-yard dash, the traditional measuring distance in pro football, and they think that speed will make a major difference.

Morris's career totals show 813 carries for 4,299 yards, the 11thhighest total in major college history. He is the Syracuse career leader, far outdistancing such Orangemen as Larry Csonka, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis and Jim Brown. He averaged 25.1 yards on 40 career kickoff returns, and he is strong enough to have bench-pressed 375 pounds.

He was selected to the Pro Bowl in '85 and '86 seasons and also received All-NFL Honors for his performance those two years. Towards the end of the 1988 season, he totaled 1,318 attempts, 5,296 yards and 48 touchdowns for the New York Giants. Morris retired from professional football in 1991 with the Cleveland Browns and finished his NFL career with 5,585 rushing yards, 111 receptions for 960 yards, and 52 touchdowns.

You are right that Joe Morris is a good example of why height is not overly important for a running back.

It is also true that Joe was built like a defensive lineman. Absolutely huge chest, shoulders, thighs.

He used to say: "I'm not small, I'm just short."

I think we would having some less discussions on missed holes by the RBs if this was happening next year.

Kid looks awesome and can't wait to see how he does when Hamilton plays at Chandler HS on 10/27. Should be a great game!

Kid looks awesome and can't wait to see how he does when Hamilton plays at Chandler HS on 10/27. Should be a great game!

HAMILTON DEFEATS DESERT RIDGE JORDAN RUNS FOR THREE TOUCHDOWNS

upload_2017-9-9_23-48-35.jpg

Chandler Hamilton Senior running back Jawhar Jordan broke his career rushing high and quarterback Tyler Shough dismantled the Mesa Desert Ridge defense Friday night, leading the Huskies to a 52-28 victory.

On the other side, Desert Ridge’s two-headed quarterback attack couldn’t take advantage of Hamilton miscues.

“One of their quarterbacks like to run, one of their quarterbacks likes to pass,” said cornerback Clayton Hooper. “We try to watch as much film as we can.”

With the score tied at 14, Jordan fumbled at the one-yard line, but Hooper intercepted a pass four plays later. The Huskies scored on the ensuing drive.

Then, with about a minute left in the half, Hamilton was forced to punt with a 21-14 lead. However, a roughing-the-punter penalty gave the Huskies a first down.

Hamilton scored to end the half, taking a two-touchdown lead with possession to start the second.

They didn’t look back. Jordan rushed for two touchdowns – a 55-yard and an 80-yard – in the second half and the Huskies ran away with the victory.

Standout performer

Jordan: 254 yards, 3 touchdowns.

The Syracuse commit also converted a key fourth-and-one with a lead in the third quarter. This allowed the Huskies to continue the drive and score./////

The site I check for his stats did not have Friday night's game vs. Desert Ridge. I have updated his total yards and TDS through four games. I'll try to update his stats after each game through the season.

Updating total yards and TDS through 5 games: 693 YDS Rush 43 Rec 736 TYDS 13TDS

Last edited by a moderator:
When he plays, the field is littered with jockstraps.

1:54 mark. Holy schnikes.

It will be nice to have a RB who can make a cut instead of running straight into a lineman's back.