Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

One: I absolutely love this commitment. My first football coaching job in North Carolina was for a small school running a Wing T offense, because that's how they kept competitive with the bigger schools. Jawhar is the perfect back for the wing-t offense his high school runs.

Two: This dudes speed. The number one thing I like about the past two recruiting classes is that we are significantly adding speed and size to our roster. With this system, when we get both speed and size on the field - the offense is going to go bonkers.

Three: I see there was some Stevie Scott questions above. I've repeatedly been told that Scott could play RB or LB. If he comes here, the coaches will evaluate and decide; however, I'm leaning towards him being more of a defensive player. That being said - I mentioned it in his thread, and will do so again. There are bigger issues SS needs to worry about at this point, or he won't be playing D1 football in 2018. I know people refuted it because if his offers from Army, but I've heard it from many people.

Four: Go, freaking, Orange!

Looks like, moves like, runs like Tony Dorsett 2.0
2bac453345decd8dd54a3937519e2837.jpg

Isn't this Tony Dorsett 2.o?! ;)

If you go to the pages drop down, pick recruiting database, 2018, MI it will show all that I have threads for on here with the exception of any offers the past few days.
thanks CL - you're the best!

Jawhar, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!
~welcome back to NY for your college experience!

Jawhar Jordan Jr.download.jpg

Hopefully he will visit at some point this summer...

Just seems like there's a different vibe with Babers than our prior head coaches. Could be just me, but I really believe he'll get things done.

Just seems like there's a different vibe with Babers than our prior head coaches. Could be just me, but I really believe he'll get things done.
It's not just you.

Great get. This kid is a legitimate threat to score any time he touches the ball. He has elite speed, which is awesome, but he also can make violent cuts and sometimes just jumps sideways to get out of bad situations, like he is freakin' Spiderman. Ankle breakers are great fun to watch, aren't they?

Best track times:

100m: 10.62
200m: 22.06

Finished 5th in the state in both of those events. As a sophomore.

He has not participated in track his junior season, at least as far as I can tell.

More on him here.

http://www.sports360az.com/2015/05/jordan-brand-future-at-running-back-looking-electric-at-hamilton/
If those times are correct, he is track scholarship fast.

If you go to the pages drop down, pick recruiting database, 2018, MI it will show all that I have threads for on here with the exception of any offers the past few days.
This database, which is maintained exclusively by CuseLegacy, is without doubt the most accurate and complete look at SU football recruiting that is available to the general public.

She does a great job.

Is it me? Or did it seem like previous staffs would have 3 4 pages on a recruit here before they committed? this staff keeps everything so quiet and close to vest i love it. Literally almost every recruit so far has surprised me besides the obvious like gabe. Although it makes my days somewhat boring because this is my main website for entertainment lol, Keep it up dino co. keep pulling in these killers, idc how bored i am. This class is ganna be special, man if we can just win a couple underdog games like Miami, Louisville or dare i say Clemson or the mother of all LSU! Holy crap look out world the floodgates are opening.

Reminds me of Kirby Dar Dar. Yes, I'm old. I see similarities, but I don't recall Kirby's measurables.

KDD was way bigger. This kids size screams slot. He is light. Can he add 20-30# and keep his burst? That will be the question. Love the offer list and the fact he was the #33 rb in the class. When you get top 40 skill guys, that's big! Man, is he fast, but the question is, does Dino see him between the tackles?

KDD was way bigger. This kids size screams slot. He is light. Can he add 20-30# and keep his burst? That will be the question. Love the offer list and the fact he was the #33 rb in the class. When you get top 40 skill guys, that's big! Man, is he fast, but the question is, does Dino see him between the tackles?

Agreed - even if he doesn't bulk up, he'd still be a helluva slot WR &/or PR/KR guy.

Elite speed is a great starting point.

Nicknaming him Roadrunner after the Wile E. Coyote cartoon

Agreed - even if he doesn't bulk up, he'd still be a helluva slot WR &/or PR/KR guy.

Elite speed is a great starting point.

So true! Thus, i should stop worryimg about his size. He has the burst and is a fb player at heart. Love the fact he played baseball too. That sport requires more physical skill and speed than most give credit for.

some measurables Roatan :

More on Jawhar: Edited and combined

View attachment 98296By Chris Carlson | ccarlson@syracuse.com The Post-Standard
on May 24, 2017 at 10:51 PM

Three-star Class of 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan announced on Twitter that he'd verbally committed to Syracuse on Wednesday night.

Jordan is ranked as a three-star player by recruiting websites Scout, Rivals and At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. Sports. Scout ranks Jordan as the No. 33 running back in the country.

Jordan is the second three-star running back committed to Syracuse in the Class of 2018, joining Florida's Akeem Dixon. The pair should help shore up the future of a unit that struggled last year for the Orange.

Despite a productive passing offense, Syracuse averaged just 3.2 yards per carry in 2016. Dontae Strickland was SU's most prolific ground option, averaging 47.17 yards per game. Showing improvement in that area is a goal that's been put forth by both head coach Dino Babers and athletic director John Wildhack.

Scout's Blair Angulo reported that Jordan intends to shut down his recruitment. Angulo wrote that Jordan collected 1,269 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns on 165 carries in 12 games last year, and that Syracuse sees his speed pairing well with Dixon, who is a larger back.

He is the eighth verbal commitment in SU's Class of 2018. Verbal commitments are not binding until a player signs a National Letter of Intent. #

360AZ media:

Chandler Hamilton running back Jawhar Jordan, one of the state’s best big-play threats, announced his commitment to the Syracuse Orange on Wednesday.

“I’m from New York, so nothing like playing where it all began.” “I really like the coaches, I feel like we have a really good connection. I feel like [head] Coach [Dino] Babers has something special planned and it’s coming soon.”

The Husky running back is coming off a 1,269 yard junior season where he scored 18 touchdowns and averaged 7.3 yards per carry and 9.6 yards per reception. He burst onto the scene as a sophomore with seven touchdowns in eight games and a freshman season where he scored 30 touchdowns.

The star running back understands athletics will only take you so far.

“I know that I can get a very good degree there and help me be successful after football, because football is temporary.”

Standing at 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, the three-star running back held offers from Arizona, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico State, Oklahoma State, Rutgers, Syracuse and UNLV. At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. rated him as the best running back in Arizona.

Jordan hopes that he can have an impact early in his career at Syracuse.

“As far as playing, I know I have a very good opportunity to start as a true freshman,” he explained. “But of course I will have to earn my spot but I feel like I will make the best of it.”#

4.4’s in the 40, Jordan can run – fast! Very impressive film. He also runs the 100 and 200 meter track events for Hamilton where he is consistently finishing first or in the top ten in the AZ state meet. Nice get by DB and staff bringing him into the NEW FAST! Congrats Mr. Jordan and welcome to SU.
Thank you, Bill. Much appreciated.