Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Is Warrick Dunn a fair comparison?

"It's War-wick."
upload_2017-5-30_12-23-8.jpeg

LOL me too. He did also say that he thinks that a lot of big time programs will try to steal him away when he is playing his senior year at 190 and torching teams like he has in the past.

Hopefully your buddy will assure you master Jordan that his word is bond and that a commitment like his to Cuse should not be broken. :p

Wow, love this kid. His running style is fun to watch. He has great form in his running, staying upright. Dino is doing work out there. We're gonna knock off one of the so-called big dogs this year, no doubt in my mind.

Wow, love this kid. His running style is fun to watch. He has great form in his running, staying upright. Dino is doing work out there. We're gonna knock off one of the so-called big dogs this year, no doubt in my mind.
It is crazy reading this but on a few occasions I have said and felt the same way.

Seeing that Warrick Dunn is a top-25 to top-50 college and NFL running back ever, I'd initially guess no... comparing this kid to Warrick Dunn is not a fair comparison...
I knew I'd get that kind of response. I meant size and style not a one to one comparison in ability.

But while we're on the subject, what was he (Dunn) rated coming out of high school? I seem to remember him surpassing expectations.

Last edited:
Thought I was about to open this thread to a georgia offer as well, to be completely honest.

I knew I'd get that kind of response. I meant size and style not a one to one comparison in ability.

But while we're on the subject, what was he (Dunn) rated coming out of high school? I seem to remember him surpassing expectations.

I meant it to a little tongue in cheek and not to be abrasive because Dunn is my favorite non-SU player ever, but I guess that stuff never comes across right in text...

Dunn was definitely not recruited to be a running back though -- in his book he talks about begging Bowden to play RB in one of his first practices as a freshman and after a few plays the position stuck.

I meant it to a little tongue in cheek and not to be abrasive because Dunn is my favorite non-SU player ever, but I guess that stuff never comes across right in text...

Dunn was definitely not recruited to be a running back though -- in his book he talks about begging Bowden to play RB in one of his first practices as a freshman and after a few plays the position stuck.
While trying to find his recruiting profile I found something that said he ran a 10.3 100m while running track for FSU. I always knew he was fast but didn't know he was that fast.

They do their numbering wrong. When they have a tie they don't move down the line like they should. It looks like he's actually tied for 21st. I'll take that in a heartbeat along with anyone else on that list, especially Burney, the big DB that's just as fast as Jordan.

13 are from Florida, holy cow.

Somedays y'all are extremely trying.

3. Javian Hawkins, Cocoa

State: Florida

Position: WR

HT/WT: 5-8, 167

40 time: 4.36

Twitter: @JavianHawkins

>Something seems amiss here. Our recruit/commit Jawhar keeps getting credited with a 4.48 when at the LA Nike Opening regional Regional he ran a 4.37 which puts him at #4. in the country. Seems like the Nike Opening is not getting the credit it deserves and Jawhar isn’t either. Just thought that was important since we are dealing with one hundredth of a second in some cases.

It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright:
Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional.
upload_2017-6-5_23-51-14.jpg

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?

“4.37.”

Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?

“No, I ran that at school too.”

I'm not sure if it's the hour of the night, but I recall something Jawhar mentioned in his reasons for commitment to Syracuse. And it goes something like this: