Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Retweet of 2018 QB Brock Purdy from AZ who was at the SU camp yesterday.
One of the kids replying to the QB tweet saying what a great time he had at Syracuse - "that's where Donovan McNabb went to college I think"

I'm old.

LA Nike Results

40yd 4.48
Shuttle 4.25
Vert 36.1
pball 35

Height 5'11"
Weight 150

98.79 SPARQ

Those weight numbers -- that's 30 lbs lighter than Moe Neal's listed weight.

Official roster has Moe at 169. Hudl had him at 161(not sure if junior/senior). Either way, both will fill out.

Ahh - I saw him at 179 at FoxSports (CBS apparently has him at 179 too) -- that's 10lbs heavier than the official website. Shoulda checked there instead.

Official roster has Moe at 169. Hudl had him at 161(not sure if junior/senior). Either way, both will fill out.
Official roster has him at 179

My bad. Googled his name and cuse. 1st link gave the 169 #. Apologies.

LA Nike Results

40yd 4.48
Shuttle 4.25
Vert 36.1
pball 35

Height 5'11"
Weight 150

98.79 SPARQ
Those weight numbers -- that's 30 lbs lighter than Moe Neal's listed weight.

HUDL has him at 5-11, 185Lbs this is a big swing here.

Either way I think he's a great get!

His current weight is irrelevant.

UPDATE

Re-post from May 26 and some info - no one apparently sees about his 40.

Our recruit/commit Jawhar keeps getting credited with a 4.48 when at the LA Nike Opening regional Regional he ran a 4.37 which puts him at #4. in the country.

THEN
  • Jersey #: 25
  • Positions: RB
  • Height & Weight: 5'10" 160lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.48
  • Shuttle: 4.07
  • 100 Meter Dash: 10.64

NOW

• Height & Weight: 5'11" 185lbs

• 40 Yard Dash: 4.37

• Bench: 240

• 185 Bench (Reps): 7

For those who did not see or missed Phat Orange’s link and are also worried that Jawhar, whose weight is currently 5’11” – 168, needs to add weight and muscle - here is the most important information for you. It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright:

Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional.

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?

“4.37.”

Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?

“No, I ran that at school too.”

Are you running track this season?

“No. I’m not competing in track. I’m focused on getting bigger this off-season.”

What are you working on this off-season?

“Building my strength, getting my weight up, and building chemistry with team for a great season.”

What is amazing to me is that he is only a junior at Hamilton H.S. and has already run a 4.37! Amba ran a 4.35 at our Pro Day and he is older and physically much more mature. Jawhar truly is, at the moment, THE NEW FAST at SU beating the 4.43 time of new DB recruit and commit Trill Williams. Like what has been said we are the recipients of better and more talented recruits due to the mind of Dino Babers and his staff especially Dave Boller in Jawhars case.This program is IMO well on its way to becoming a very special one and since HC Babers has arrived the development of it has and is very exciting to watch.

His latest #’s prove he’s being his word and building his body and weight:

5’11”, 185

Bench 240

Bench 185 - 7 times

So from May 26 to July 27 he’s gained 17 pounds of muscle which is very possible and allows him to bench 240 and bench his own weight 7 times. Anyone who’s lifted and worked out a lot and can bench their own weight knows that’s a very good thing and 240 max is impressive. Also, an actual weight usually varies from a program weight. Height and weight also vary from site to site. I don’t think we have to worry about Jordan progress though and no one’s going to catch him.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-25_15-55-57.jpg
    upload_2017-7-25_15-55-57.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 452
Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE

Re-post from May 26 and some info - no one apparently sees about his 40.

Our recruit/commit Jawhar keeps getting credited with a 4.48 when at the LA Nike Opening regional Regional he ran a 4.37 which puts him at #4. in the country.

For those who did not see or missed Phat Orange’s link and are also worried that Jawhar, whose weight is currently 5’11” – 168, needs to add weight and muscle - here is the most important information for you. It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright:

Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional. View attachment 104779

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?

“4.37.”

Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?

“No, I ran that at school too.”

Are you running track this season?

“No. I’m not competing in track. I’m focused on getting bigger this off-season.”

What are you working on this off-season?

“Building my strength, getting my weight up, and building chemistry with team for a great season.”

What is amazing to me is that he is only a junior at Hamilton H.S. and has already run a 4.37! Amba ran a 4.35 at our Pro Day and he is physically much more mature. Jawhar truly is, at the moment, THE NEW FAST at SU beating the 4.43 time of new DB recruit and commit Trill Williams. Like what has been said we are the recipients of better and more talented recruits due to the mind of Dino Babers and his staff especially Dave Boller in Jawhars case.This program is IMO well on its way to becoming a very special one and since HC Babers has arrived the development of it has and is very exciting to watch.

His latest #’s prove he’s being his word and building his body and weight:

5’11”, 185

Bench 240

Bench 185 7 times

So from May 26 to July 27 he’s gained 17 pounds of muscle which is very possible and allows him to bench 240 and bench his own weight 7 times. Anyone who’s lifted and worked out a lot and can bench their own weight knows that’s a very good thing and 240 max is impressive. Also an actual weight usually varies from a program weight. Height and weight also vary from site to site. I don’t think we have to worry about Jordan progress though and no one’s going to catch him.

Great to have the proper 40 time. Anthony Queeley ran a 4.42 at camp...then trill'4.43... Some serious speed.

Hard to believe adding 17 lbs of muscle in 2 months, though. If that was possible, we'd have some 700lb tackles on the team. Lol. Only equates into 102 lbs of new muscle, per year. Although, perhaps he's naturally filling out a little, and gained a couple lbs of muscle along the way. ;-).

Guessing he'll be dropping a few of those come doubles. Good stuff, though.

To back billsu up.

Jawhar's 40 exactly ties TJ Logans 4.37 at this year's NFL combine. Fastest rb at combine. 4.07 shuttle also quickest (many dnp in this though)

Trill's 4.43 40yd had only 7 faster dB's out of 60. Although, listed as ath.

Queeley WR 4.42 40yd had only 3 of 58 faster. 4 quicker on his 4.02 shuttle (only by .02)

Froumy OT 4.56 shuttle had only 2 of 47 quicker.

To back billsu up.

Jawhar's 40 exactly ties TJ Logans 4.37 at this year's NFL combine. Fastest rb at combine. 4.07 shuttle also quickest (many dnp in this though)

Trill's 4.43 40yd had only 7 faster dB's out of 60. Although, listed as ath.

Queeley WR 4.42 40yd had only 3 of 58 faster. 4 quicker on his 4.02 shuttle (only by .02)

Froumy OT 4.56 shuttle had only 2 of 47 quicker.

"Can You Say Orange Is The New Fast" :cool:

This in - a lot of those 40 times reported in HS are BS...most of these kids are probably 4.6 to 4.7 at 17 years old.

Any kids that runs a sub 4.5 in HS has elite football speed. Speed increases with an appropriate strength and conditioning program. You can also coach someone to take the 40...and probably shave close to .05 of a second off the time.

That being said, it is clear the staff has prioritized speed at the skill positions, and I love it. I'm sick of watching Syracuse be slower than our peer schools. That is clearly changing.

This in - a lot of those 40 times reported in HS are BS...most of these kids are probably 4.6 to 4.7 at 17 years old.

Any kids that runs a sub 4.5 in HS has elite football speed. Speed increases with an appropriate strength and conditioning program. You can also coach someone to take the 40...and probably shave close to .05 of a second off the time.

That being said, it is clear the staff has prioritized speed at the skill positions, and I love it. I'm sick of watching Syracuse be slower than our peer schools. That is clearly changing.
Perhaps... And often hand timed. Jawhar's was laser? Queeley's at Cuse Camp. Froumy's at a combine. Dunno about Trill's. The others were by unrelated third parties, as far as I know. Not the hand picked/non repeatable ones, that are often reported.

NIKE FOOTBALL THE OPENING REGIONAL LOS ANGELES RESULTS

MARCH 12, 2017 * EL CAMINO COMMUNITY COLLEGE

CLEAR & 72 DEGREES * SURFACE: FIELDTURF

March 15, 2017

OFFICIAL RESULTS - Nike Football Ratings from Nike Football's The Opening Regional Los Angeles held at El Camino College in Los Angeles, CA on March 12th, 2017.

*NOTE
40 = Electronic-timed 40-yard-dash

SH = 20-yard pro agility shuttle
PB = Kneeling P...

Part of the first page of RESULTS in LA. Wanted to be sure those who are interested know that all NIKE regionals are electronically timed. Jordan was rated 28 0f 370 participants that day in the 40, shuttle, kneeling pass yardage, and vertical jump. You get 2 tries at each and the best is recorded.
>40 4.48 / SH 4.20 / PB 35.0 / VJ 36.1 / RATING 98.79<

upload_2017-7-26_22-13-37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't questioning Jordan's times folks...I was illustrating just how fast this kid really is.

To quote my self earlier, a sub 4.5 in HS is elite football speed. This kid has it.

Elite speed in Baber's offense is magnified. We saw what the O could do with average, at best, speed at the skill positions. There has been a significant uptick in team speed the last 2 cycles, especially with the 2017 class. I think we will start to see the benefits of that this year.

#4 on the list
Also upgraded to the #22 RB in the country. When was the last time we had a RB rated higher by any site/publication? Averin Collier? One site had him as the #19 Athlete. I don't recall Delone being ranked that high. You may have to go back to Reyes, whose SUA profile says he was ranked the #23 RB by The Sporting News. I'm probably completely forgetting someone.

Last edited: