Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

some measurables Roatan :

More on Jawhar: Edited and combined

upload_2017-5-25_1-15-6.pngBy Chris Carlson | ccarlson@syracuse.com The Post-Standard
on May 24, 2017 at 10:51 PM

Three-star Class of 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan announced on Twitter that he'd verbally committed to Syracuse on Wednesday night.

Jordan is ranked as a three-star player by recruiting websites Scout, Rivals and 247 Sports. Scout ranks Jordan as the No. 33 running back in the country.

Jordan is the second three-star running back committed to Syracuse in the Class of 2018, joining Florida's Akeem Dixon. The pair should help shore up the future of a unit that struggled last year for the Orange.

Despite a productive passing offense, Syracuse averaged just 3.2 yards per carry in 2016. Dontae Strickland was SU's most prolific ground option, averaging 47.17 yards per game. Showing improvement in that area is a goal that's been put forth by both head coach Dino Babers and athletic director John Wildhack.

Scout's Blair Angulo reported that Jordan intends to shut down his recruitment. Angulo wrote that Jordan collected 1,269 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns on 165 carries in 12 games last year, and that Syracuse sees his speed pairing well with Dixon, who is a larger back.

He is the eighth verbal commitment in SU's Class of 2018. Verbal commitments are not binding until a player signs a National Letter of Intent. #

360AZ media:

Chandler Hamilton running back Jawhar Jordan, one of the state’s best big-play threats, announced his commitment to the Syracuse Orange on Wednesday.

“I’m from New York, so nothing like playing where it all began.” “I really like the coaches, I feel like we have a really good connection. I feel like [head] Coach [Dino] Babers has something special planned and it’s coming soon.”

The Husky running back is coming off a 1,269 yard junior season where he scored 18 touchdowns and averaged 7.3 yards per carry and 9.6 yards per reception. He burst onto the scene as a sophomore with seven touchdowns in eight games and a freshman season where he scored 30 touchdowns.

The star running back understands athletics will only take you so far.

“I know that I can get a very good degree there and help me be successful after football, because football is temporary.”

Standing at 5-foot-10, 160 pounds, the three-star running back held offers from Arizona, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa State, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico State, Oklahoma State, Rutgers, Syracuse and UNLV. At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. rated him as the best running back in Arizona.

Jordan hopes that he can have an impact early in his career at Syracuse.

“As far as playing, I know I have a very good opportunity to start as a true freshman,” he explained. “But of course I will have to earn my spot but I feel like I will make the best of it.”#

4.4’s in the 40, Jordan can run – fast! Very impressive film. He also runs the 100 and 200 meter track events for Hamilton where he is consistently finishing first or in the top ten in the AZ state meet. Nice get by DB and staff bringing him into the NEW FAST! Congrats Mr. Jordan and welcome to SU.

What amazes me is the fact that so many players from last years class and this year class is that many of them are also running track of some sort in HS, like the 100 or 200 meter.
"theorangeisthenewfast" Popcorn

Kid is obviously small of stature, but what impressive speed.

THESE are the type of athletes we need to land to make Babers's offense pop. He and the staff are making huge strides on the recruiting trail to elevate the talent base of this team.

Trill Williams @GOLD3N_BOII2 9h9 hours ago
The (Orange emoji) starting to look scary

T. Sampson #⃣ 5⃣ 1⃣ @TSamp_51 9h9 hours ago
It's crazy because we got more on the way (zipped mouth emoji)

Fos @Flash_fos7 9h9 hours ago
Syracuse gone look a whole lot different soon

...More on the way Sampson says

Great get. This kid is a legitimate threat to score any time he touches the ball. He has elite speed, which is awesome, but he also can make violent cuts and sometimes just jumps sideways to get out of bad situations, like he is freakin' Spiderman. Ankle breakers are great fun to watch, aren't they?

Best track times:

100m: 10.62
200m: 22.06

Finished 5th in the state in both of those events. As a sophomore.

He has not participated in track his junior season, at least as far as I can tell.

More on him here.

http://www.sports360az.com/2015/05/jordan-brand-future-at-running-back-looking-electric-at-hamilton/

Last edited:
Does this effectively eliminate Steve Scott from CBA as a recruit? They have so far got commits from a big back and a small back.....

Does this effectively eliminate Steve Scott from CBA as a recruit? They have so far got commits from a big back and a small back...
I believe Steve was high on the SU board at power RB and LB. So I don't think this verbal affects him at all. But with all the activity happening, if he wants to wear orange, he better make a decision quickly.

Sounds like he is playing a dangerous game, waiting for high SEC offers, possibly seeing other good opportunities passing him by.

I believe Steve was high on the SU board at power RB and LB. So I don't think this verbal affects him at all. But with all the activity happening, if he wants to wear orange, he better make a decision quickly.

Sounds like he is playing a dangerous game, waiting for high SEC offers, possibly seeing other good opportunities passing him by.

Agreed. Just by looking at his twitter you know the kids dreaming of an LSU and MSU offer. But you know what? I think he's good enough and he'll show that this summer/fall. Maybe Dino and co. will be able to get through to him, if not it seems like we're doing more than fine.

Stats from the LA Opening combine: Nike Football The Opening

5-11 150
4.48 (40) - (his forty time ranked #3 at the combine)
4.25 Shuttle
35 (PB)
36.1 (VJ)
Rating 98.79 (good for #28 ranked at the combine)

This article published April 8, says he's 5-11 168 (verified at the US Army Combine) and he states he ran a 4.37 a the Opening. (O) Arizona, Iowa State, UNLV, Idaho, Hawaii, Fresno State, New Mexico State, Kansas State, Missouri, and Oklahoma State. Since then we know he picked up offers from Syracuse and Buttgers.

Interview: Arizona 2018 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. 4.37 Speed Blazing Path on Recruiting Trail

Last edited:
Great get. This kid is a legitimate threat to score any time he touches the ball. He has elite speed, which is awesome, but he also can make violent cuts and sometimes just jumps sideways to get out of bad situations, like he is freakin' Spiderman. Ankle breakers are great fun to watch, aren't they?

Best track times:

100m: 10.62
200m: 22.06

Finished 5th in the state in both of those events. As a sophomore.

He has not participated in track his junior season, at least as far as I can tell.

More on him here.

Jordan Brand: Future at Running Back Looking Electric at Hamilton - Sports360AZ

Yeah - he's fast straight line speed, but "twitchy" and quick laterally. This O is going to be bananas.