Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

You are straying into the weeds again gentlemen. Let's keep it on Jawhar.
Which people would stop with Marrone, should have a Rutgers style thread, for everything on Doug.

Which people would stop with Marrone, should have a Rutgers style thread, for everything on Doug.

It will never stop. The second the words "Dream Job" came out of his mouth - he was doomed because it created the perception of him wanting to be the football equivalent of JB.

I had some disgust with both his 2013 class recruiting effort and the way in which he left because I felt it put the program back a few years, but I'm over it now.

The kid willed himself here. All the way from AZ. Gotta like that. Never know what the future holds, but it looks bright and interesting for this budding talent.
Are we actually part of the national conversation now?
Adam from Alaska on line 1.

An immediate fan favorite.

If this kid has the speed it appears you don't RS him and just let him help next year. Plus if he special he isn't staying 4 years so use him.

With our backfield depth and his YAC potential, does he start off as a slot receiver?

With our backfield depth and his YAC potential, does he start off as a slot receiver?
My theory too. At 160-170, he's not going to break through at RB. He'll operate in space, which tells me 'slot', KOR, maybe WR for a deep shot - the same way WF used Dortch, UNC uses Newsome and WMU uses Eskridge.

Last edited:
My theory too. At 160-170, he's not going to break through at RB. He'll operate in space, which tells me 'slot', KOR, maybe WR for a deep shot - the same way WF uses Dortch, UNC uses Newsome and WMU uses Eskridge.

I'd like to see him used like how Purdue uses Rondale Moore. Sweeps, quick routes, get him the ball in space and let him work.

I'd like to see him used like how Purdue uses Rondale Moore. Sweeps, quick routes, get him the ball in space and let him work.

Good thought. I agree that we should give him some carries and try to get him into space using quick tosses, options, etc. He has cutting ability that you don't see that often. I'd love to see him going off tackle or on a Jet Sweep.

My theory too. At 160-170, he's not going to break through at RB. He'll operate in space, which tells me 'slot', KOR, maybe WR for a deep shot - the same way WF uses Dortch, UNC uses Newsome and WMU uses Eskridge.

This is what I expect, too -- an "upgraded" version of Erv Philips, in terms of speed / elusiveness.

Not a knock on Erv, who I thought was terrific. Pure speed was the one thing he lacked, whereas Jordan looks like a home run threat.

so, assuming he doesn't RS, we have him, Adams, Jackson and Hendrix as new weapons (not counting the bowl game in the cases of Adams and Jackson). I like. I like a lot.

I saw him in the slot from the beginning.

While that makes sense, the same could have been (and was, repeatedly) said about Moe Neal.
We're pretty deep there too.

Just want to see this kid get some snaps, anywhere on O - he's a gamebreaker.
(ok, not at TE or O-Line, for any of the pedants out there).

While that makes sense, the same could have been (and was, repeatedly) said about Moe Neal.
We're pretty deep there too.

Just want to see this kid get some snaps, anywhere on O - he's a gamebreaker.
(ok, not at TE or O-Line, for any of the pedants out there).
I agree! I just want to see him on the field. He has a very impressive skill set.

I saw him in the slot from the beginning.

Jawhar Jordan, so glad he's here. Worked his magic in the classroom and he's here.

For those who did not see my earlier posts in 2017, here is one that is appropriate. Currently 5’11” – 168, needs to add weight and muscle. Here is the most important information for you. It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright interviewing Jawhar:

Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional.

upload_2017-5-26_20-14-26-jpg.98514

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?
“4.37.”
Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?
“No, I ran that at school too.”
Are you running track this season?
“No. I’m not competing in track. I’m focused on getting bigger this off-season.”
What are you working on this off-season?
“Building my strength, getting my weight up, and building chemistry with team for a great season.”//

2019:
My guess is that Jawhar has already met with all the coaches and especially Sean Edinger who has given the “Jet” a S&C program with diet. The muscle and weight program are seeds now but Sean will be be growing and building Mr. Jordan to where they want him to be. I have no idea what position HCDB has in mind for him but wherever it is this young man from Long Island, NY and Chandler AZ is one of the fastest backs we've ever had and IMO going to be one of the best backs we have ever had. Here are the final stats as a senior at Hamilton HS in Chandler AZ for those who are new or missed this. Posted December 24, 2017:
  • ALL TOP 50 Arizona College Recruits / Ranked No.7 of the Top 50

>2017 AIA PREPS 365 6A All Conference / Region 1st Team RB

>ALL- USA Arizona Performances of the week x 3 for 2017

>All State Honorable Mention (The No 1. RB had 32 Tds 2. 29 Tds 3. Jawhar 28)
  • All Purpose Yard Total - 2017

Pos - RB

R Yds – 1774

Rec – 177

KR - 183

PR – 41

TYDS - 2,175

Yds/G - 181.3

Yds/Car - 9.6

Att - 185

Lng - 91

TD - 28

Fum - 2

GP - 12

The 6A Premier League in which Jawhar played is the highest ranked league in Arizona located near Phoenix.

Jawhar is the fourth fastest high school football player in the 2018 class in the United States with a 4.37 40, .04 off 4.33 the No.1 time.

Here is another total from the football section at cuse.com:
High School: Running back for head coach Dick Baniszewski … No. 13 all-purpose back in the Class of 2018, according to 247Sports.com … Rated No. 46 among running backs in the class by ESPN … Considered one of the top prospects in Arizona by 247Sports.com (No. 8), (No. 10) and ESPN (No. 12) … 2017 American Family Insurance All-USA Arizona Honorable Mention selection by USA Today … Also named to the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) 6A Premier All-Conference First Team as a senior … Rushed for 3,501 yards and 48 touchdowns in his scholastic career and had 39 receptions for 426 yards (10.9 avg.) and five touchdowns … Dynamic special teams player with 20 kickoff returns for 499 yards (25.0 avg.) and one touchdown, and eight punt returns for 131 yards (16.4 avg.) and a touchdown in his career …. As a senior, carried the ball 185 times for 1,774 yards and 27 touchdowns … Rushed for 100+ yards in eight out of 12 games, averaging 9.6 yards per carry and 147.8 yards per contest … Also caught 16 passes for 177 yards (11.1 avg.) and a touchdown … As a junior, totaled 175 carries for 1,269 yards (7.3 avg.) and 17 touchdowns, including five 100-yard games, and contributed 14 receptions for 135 yards (9.6 avg.) and a touchdown … As a sophomore, ran for 458 yards and four touchdowns on 90 carries (5.1 avg.), and caught nine passes for 114 yards (12.7 avg.) and three scores … Sprinter for the Hamilton track & field team.

Jawhar Jordan, so glad he's here. Worked his magic in the classroom and he's here.

For those who did not see my earlier posts in 2017, here is one that is appropriate. Currently 5’11” – 168, needs to add weight and muscle. Here is the most important information for you. It is from an April 8, 2017 article and interview from RNG recruiting written by Ryan Wright interviewing Jawhar:

Your recruiting has taken off since you won the fastest man competition at the Los Angeles Nike Opening Regional.

upload_2017-5-26_20-14-26-jpg.98514

What was the time you posted in that race at the Opening?
“4.37.”
Was that the fastest 40-yard dash you have ever ran?
“No, I ran that at school too.”
Are you running track this season?
“No. I’m not competing in track. I’m focused on getting bigger this off-season.”
What are you working on this off-season?
“Building my strength, getting my weight up, and building chemistry with team for a great season.”//

2019:
My guess is that Jawhar has already met with all the coaches and especially Sean Edinger who has given the “Jet” a S&C program with diet. The muscle and weight program are seeds now but Sean will be be growing and building Mr. Jordan to where they want him to be. I have no idea what position HCDB has in mind for him but wherever it is this young man from Long Island, NY and Chandler AZ is one of the fastest backs we've ever had and IMO going to be one of the best backs we have ever had. Here are the final stats as a senior at Hamilton HS in Chandler AZ for those who are new or missed this. Posted December 24, 2017:
  • ALL TOP 50 Arizona College Recruits / Ranked No.7 of the Top 50

>2017 AIA PREPS 365 6A All Conference / Region 1st Team RB

>ALL- USA Arizona Performances of the week x 3 for 2017

>All State Honorable Mention (The No 1. RB had 32 Tds 2. 29 Tds 3. Jawhar 28)
  • All Purpose Yard Total - 2017

Pos - RB

R Yds – 1774

Rec – 177

KR - 183

PR – 41

TYDS - 2,175

Yds/G - 181.3

Yds/Car - 9.6

Att - 185

Lng - 91

TD - 28

Fum - 2

GP - 12

The 6A Premier League in which Jawhar played is the highest ranked league in Arizona located near Phoenix.

Jawhar is the fourth fastest high school football player in the 2018 class in the United States with a 4.37 40, .04 off 4.33 the No.1 time.

Here is another total from the football section at cuse.com:
High School: Running back for head coach Dick Baniszewski … No. 13 all-purpose back in the Class of 2018, according to 247Sports.com … Rated No. 46 among running backs in the class by ESPN … Considered one of the top prospects in Arizona by 247Sports.com (No. 8), (No. 10) and ESPN (No. 12) … 2017 American Family Insurance All-USA Arizona Honorable Mention selection by USA Today … Also named to the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) 6A Premier All-Conference First Team as a senior … Rushed for 3,501 yards and 48 touchdowns in his scholastic career and had 39 receptions for 426 yards (10.9 avg.) and five touchdowns … Dynamic special teams player with 20 kickoff returns for 499 yards (25.0 avg.) and one touchdown, and eight punt returns for 131 yards (16.4 avg.) and a touchdown in his career …. As a senior, carried the ball 185 times for 1,774 yards and 27 touchdowns … Rushed for 100+ yards in eight out of 12 games, averaging 9.6 yards per carry and 147.8 yards per contest … Also caught 16 passes for 177 yards (11.1 avg.) and a touchdown … As a junior, totaled 175 carries for 1,269 yards (7.3 avg.) and 17 touchdowns, including five 100-yard games, and contributed 14 receptions for 135 yards (9.6 avg.) and a touchdown … As a sophomore, ran for 458 yards and four touchdowns on 90 carries (5.1 avg.), and caught nine passes for 114 yards (12.7 avg.) and three scores … Sprinter for the Hamilton track & field team.
Yes, I remember this post... especially the 4.37 forty!